Asking for a friend..

Has anyone made a new friend after their 30s that isn’t from work?

Realizing that the friends I have in the area are a little too apathetic / zero effort in ever wanting to meet up locally.

a good way to meet new people is meetup.com
they have random meetups all the time... i didnt like how they did the same events all the time at this one meetup group... met one cool person from the meetup but they wanted to hang out all the time... im like bro im not trying to hang out everyday after work im tired...

Has anyone made a new friend after their 30s that isn’t from work?

Realizing that the friends I have in the area are a little too apathetic / zero effort in ever wanting to meet up locally.

I haven’t made a new male friend that wasn’t some part of a team in idk how long.

Meet people through your hobbies. What else are you guys into? You’ll run into others who feel the same.

I'm very good at meeting new people and identifying people I'd vibe with. Just gotta go to places you enjoy and strike up a convo with someone that seems cool. Keep it light and don't force it. If they keep the convo going then that's a good sign. If at a bar or something offer to buy drinks. Before you leave just casually tell them to take your number down and keep you posted on similar events. If they think you're cool they'll hit you up. I'm sure it's some nuanced stuff I'm leaving out but that's the gist of it.

lol i laughed at lot reading that ^

I’ll just continue grinding at work and try to retire early. I’ll make cruise ship and travel friends someday once finances are out the way.

Only through hobbies if not work

Basketball
Video games
Online communities
Music
Movies

Also friend of friends and friends of family.

Back
Top Bottom