Astrology-----Who believes in it?? They are accurate (vol. Virgo, Leo, Aries, etc.)

I never really paid much attention to astrology besides looking at my horoscope every once in a while, seeing if it said anything interesting. Most of thetime I found them too broad & generalized.

Just recently however I started looking at actual descriptions of my sign (Virgo) about Virgo's persoanlity, characteristics, opinions, etc etc.....

and to my suprise they were for the large majority DEAD ON CORRECT.

here is a really good site with long descriptions.....

http://mizian.com.ne.kr/englishwiz/library/names/zodiac/contents.htm

(read the section "The Virgo Man" or what ever sign you are.....or "Woman" if you are a girl........not just the "How ToRecognize" section at the beginning, as the "Man" or "Woman" section goes into more detail)

My best girl-friend also looks at her sign & what not & her's (Leo) describes her well.

Anyways..........thoughts??

I mean, I see what you're saying. I'm a Virgo and the description is as you said - DEAD ON CORRECT. I don't read it everyday like some of myfriends, because as a Christian, IMO (had to put that so people don't flame me) I would be lying if stars and constellations had more say-so in my lifethan JESUS CHRIST. But like I said, that's MY opinion.

I feel you on the criticism thing, though. I do that to my girl and she hates it.
laugh.gif

yeah i just read mine (sagittarius) and imma have to say that it was pretty on point

Originally Posted by The Rat Pack Is Back

smh.gif

read every single sign and they will all be correct
Not true at all, how about YOU read the descriptions. I have.
I used to think astrology was really broad until I actually did some research, and this site inparticular is really detailed (& accurate).
For example, mine is way different the my best girl-friend's who is a Leo. There are some major differences.

theyre correct because they're vague blanket statements mostly...that can apply to at least one thing in anyones life

Well the Virgo description describes me very well...kinda. Quiet...more likely to see me working than at a party...and especially the part about beingphysically stronger than I look. I'm 5'3 and 125 but people can't believe how I can left really heavy things. But I don't read Horoscopesthough.

I believe the root description of each is true. But these everyday run of the mill explantions that you can find everywhere are skeptical though. I am stillamazed that my real life birth mark is the exact mark of the Aries, so for that I will always be intrigued. I wonder what it all really means.

Taurus myself:

"You can always tell the bull by his strong, silent attitude."

"Taurus won't budge an inch. Once his mind is set, he folds his arms calmly and digs in his heels. He sticks out his rather prominent chin, flares hisnostrils, pins back his ears and you've had it."

"He simply wants to be left alone. Don't disturb him and he'll remain contented. Press him and he becomes obstinate. Shove too hard, tease toomuch, and be prepared for violent rage. He can go for months and years on end. exhibiting perfect poise and control, inhaling the fragrance of the posies andignoring the nervous clacking and cluck­ing all around him. Then some unexpected day, a pushy person will pile one straw too many on his broad back.If theincident is large enough to rock his normally placid emotions, you can count on blind fury, no ordinary anger"

"Taurus is strongly attracted to the opposite sex, but ag­gressive pursuit of any kind of pleasure isn't in his bag of tricks. He prefers to attractpeople to him. Taureans would rather entertain hospita­bly at home than go to the trouble of visiting. The effort required for scintillating popularitydoesn't appeal to the bull's nature. If you want him, you can call him. He'll be there. Throw out the line of comradeship or romance, and hell pickit up, if it interests him. He'll know what ' to do with it, too, which isn't always true of the more gregarious signs.

Taurus seldom worries, frets or chews his nails. He can pout and brood when things don't suit his fancy, but he's not the nervous, twitchy type.It's his nature to be stoic, and take things in his stride, and nothing really alters this basic tendency.

He talks faster than I do (which is pretty fast), and he does have a couple of worry creases in his forehead...His brain may calculate like lightning, but hisderisions are made slowly and carefully. His actions are predictable, his character is strong...but the papers don't get signed until the bull makes up hismind it's the right move...

Taurus people are home folks. There's scarcely a bull who doesn't love to luxuriate under his own roof and stretch out amid comfortable, familiarsurroundings....The average bull is superbly healthy, with a strong con­stitution. It takes a lot to put him on his back, but once he's down, he mayrecuperate slowly, partially due to his stubborn refusal to obey the doctor. His natural inclinar tion to distrust optimism
"-definitely true.

"Speaking of obstinacy, there's no use telling a Taurean He (or she) is obstinate. In the bull's mind, he's not stub­born at all. He'spatient. It's a matter of semantics. He's not hardheaded-he's just sensible and firm. For the life of him, he can't see why people judge him sounfairly."-
eek.gif

Many a Taurean bears emotional and physical burdens in silence for years without complaint. The higher the troubles pile up, the more strength Taurus finds tobear them. His loyalty and devotion to family and friends often surpass all understanding....The Taureans' funny bones are tickled by broad and slapstickcomedy..Oddly, Taurus likes to ac­cumulate power, along with cash, but simply for the sensual enjoyment of possessing it. Every Taurean owns some evidence ofthe Venus love for music"-that is SO me.

it's all coincedence tho.

Originally Posted by rowenarrow

I believe the root description of each is true. But these everyday run of the mill explantions that you can find everywhere are skeptical though. I am still amazed that my real life birth mark is the exact mark of the Aries, so for that I will always be intrigued. I wonder what it all really means.
Yeah that's what I used to think too, the broad explanations/descriptions.....I was like yeah what ever....

but ones like the link I gave to everyone that are much more detailed & other sites I've found suprised me as to how accurate/descriptive they were.Just something I found interesting....

theyre correct because they're vague blanket statements mostly...that can apply to at least one thing in anyones life

Read the description section called "The Virgo Man" or "The Libro Man" etc.....

I don't think they are that vauge.....

Horoscopes are BS.
laugh.gif
Most of you don't know how to describeyourself, so you allow a zodiac sign to do it for you. I don't even talk to chics who talk about horoscopes.

^ i dont either. people who let other people define themselves for them come off as lame to me. but that was on point. mere coincedence

Originally Posted by RockStarGetMoney

Horoscopes are BS.
laugh.gif
Most of you don't know how to describe yourself, so you allow a zodiac sign to do it for you. I don't even talk to chics who talk about horoscopes.
Horoscopes may be BS, I don't disagree there. And I'm not letting anyone define me, I know who I am WAY better then most people, that isfor sure. I a full grasp on who I am, where I'm going, & what I am doing with/in my life. So don't be fooled there.....but I could see how youmight say that about some people (just not me).

But try reading the description from the link I gave you & read the section "The *your sign* Man".....

I simply just found it interesting.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by RockStarGetMoney

Horoscopes are BS.
laugh.gif
Most of you don't know how to describe yourself, so you allow a zodiac sign to do it for you. I don't even talk to chics who talk about horoscopes.
Horoscopes may be BS, I don't disagree there. And I'm not letting anyone define me, I know who I am WAY better then most people, that is for sure. I a full grasp on who I am, where I'm going, & what I am doing with/in my life. So don't be fooled there.....but I could see how you might say that about some people (just not me).

But try reading the description from the link I gave you & read the section "The *your sign* Man".....

I simply just found it interesting.

I understand where you're coming from and didn't mean to come off as disrespectful. I read the site and the thing I found most funny is that most ofall these horoscopes apply to me. I was born on January 7th. I clicked the Libra profile(check bottom) and it was me.....DEAD ON.

You'll get plenty of free advice from this man. Hell have the perfect solution to all your problems and an answer for every question you ask. But there's no use expecting him to be the answer to all your girlish dreams. He'll change some of them and argue with others. A Libra male can be as cranky as a crocodile with poison ivy, and his habit of rationalizing everything, including love, will drive you to frenzy-or leave you limp with defeat.
You don't get more accurate than that as it applies to me. The Capricorn profile also did state some traits that apply to me. The thing aboutthe zodiac that amazes me is that it makes generalizations on personality traits based on outer space entities. It means human beings are one with theuniverse, which would make us particles of the universe floating around. Sounds like a Sci-Fi cn some outer space science. That would suggest that human beingsare not the entities that the religious books or even Darwinism described. How did this penetrate mainstream society? Am I wrong on my view of astrology?

I'm a Libra.

She generally gave herself very good advice (though she seldom followed it) ...

Most Libra women will air their clever wits any time a subject appears with the slightest possibility of debate. It could be anything from why you shouldn't wear button down collars to what's keeping you from getting a raise at work. (She'll feel the latter is partly your fault and partly your boss's fault. Everything with Libra ends up as six of one and half a dozen of another-just so it all comes out even.) If you refuse to rise to the bait, she'll argue with herself. A Libra girl can start a donnybrook alone, pursue it alone and finish it alone, in a grand flourish. Your only contribution may be "But why?" or "I don't think so," but sometimes that's all she needs to deliver a brilliant monologue, which may last for an hour or more. Through it all, however, you'll probably be drowning in her charm. She'll turn on that unbearably delicious smile every third sentence or so, and you'll end up changing your mind as effortlessly as she changes her sex by taking over the man's prerogative, then switching back to a cuddly love bunny. She'll convince you with pure clear logic. You won't lose much-except your pride, and you'll hardly miss that, under the spell of that gentle Libran smile. She's usually right, because her final decisions are as carefully considered as those of the Supreme Court.

Aside from the typical Libra penchant for weighing everything twice to make sure she didn't miss a point, she can be quite a lot of woman for a man who's interested in romance or companionship or both. Her tendency to argue is really based on a sincere desire to reach an im­partial decision.

The average Libra female is highly intellectual and has amazing powers of analysis, which can be a real help in solving your business problems. She seldom lets her emo­tions keep her from dispassionate decision or a-balanced view, and she can usually give you better advice than your banker. Naturally, her abilities along these lines can cover a multitude of vices. Not only that, but if she's a typical Venus girl, she offers her pearls of wisdom on a silver platter of charm and amiable suggestion. Her iron hand wears a soft, velvet glove, and she can nudge you off the wrong track and in the right direction so gently, you'll swear the switch was entirely your own idea. An Aries, Scorpio, Leo or Taurus man will normally put his Libran wife on a pedestal and worship her. That's only fair, because she worships him, too.

There are many rewards when you're living with a Libra female. She'll never open your mail. It simply wouldn't occur to her to be so dishonorable. She'll never reveal your business secrets to your friends or embarrass you in front of your boss. She'll probably charm him into submission, too, with the same smile she used to melt your heart when you first met her. There are some Libra women with afflicted Mars positions who may over-indulge in excessive emotions at times, or eat and drink more than is good for them, but they're few and far between.

Your Libran con­sort will definitely say more than "yes" or "no." She likes to talk. But she'll also make a flattering listener, when you have a need for a good audience. This woman is both tough and soft at the same time, and it's not every female who can manage that delicate balancing act.Her sweet manners and smooth ability to cool your fevered brow can lead you to think she's weak and helpless, or that she'll be fluttery and feminine when a crisis erupts. If so, you're much mistaken. That dear, womanly little creature is composed of nine parts steel.

No one but you will know how much you need her helping hand at the helm when things get choppy. Shell never brag about it, or take anything away from you-except a large part of the responsibility. Be grateful she's so dependable.

She may linger too long at the dance or over the wine bottle. There may be times when she's a little bossy, and Other moments when she talks your ear off. But these things will only occur when her emotional scales are temporarily off balance. They will never fail to settle into even steadiness when the occasional dipping is over. Un­less somebody stands there with his foot on one of them, Libran scales always eventually balance themselves. If one side is a little low, add some affection and it will rise. If the other side drops from the weight of too much sad­ness, lighten it with understanding and her-beautiful har­mony will return.

These parts are mostly true.

libra
most of it is pretty accurate.
especially if u add your time of birth.
but u have to take most of it with a grain of salt

Back
Top Bottom