At what point do you say enough is enough?

Originally Posted by MeloManFan

Do yall know if retro j's hit the nike outlets? And how much of a discount would they be?

Most retro Jordan's nowadays either sell out in 2 minutes online or you have to camp out at least 24 hours so I doubt it.

If you can afford to blow that much on a pair, then do it. The sad thing is when people can't afford it and still pay the price tag. At the end of the day, they are just sneakers and collecting is just a hobby. If you have the money to pursue such a hobby then go for it, if not, learn to live within your means and find a new hobby

Ima big Kanye fan but @#@# that Im not buying into the hype. They look like spizike's IMO. It was predictable that Nike would raise the retail price on some shoes because dudes are paying crazy prices from resellers so its good bussiness.

180 retail for some XI's aint bad at all.

Originally Posted by Antidope

Originally Posted by MeloManFan

Do yall know if retro j's hit the nike outlets? And how much of a discount would they be?

yup and they're usually around the $100 mark. The thing is, its usually pairs that no one wants like the laneys and Orion 6's which were there the last time I went. You can get lucky though I got you a pair of piston 6s there once, and seen a bunch of other sought after shoes there that just weren't my size. You just have to go and look every now and thenOn the subject of the OP I think that prices will slip back down eventually, and if not then just buy in moderation which is what I do. There are few if any kicks I will pay an arm and a leg for
Damn, I'm gonna have to take a look some time this summer to see if they got the 10's. The only other pairs I want this year are the black cement 4's and the bred 11's but these prices are ridiculous bruh 
30t6p3b.gif

Since December when the XI dropped all retro's have sold out. Chances of finding retro's in outlets now are very slim but you never know.

Yea true, might as well check it out though since I've never been there before. If anything I can cop some shorts for cheap 
laugh.gif

Crazy, i used to work at Nike outlet and around x-mas couple years ago we carried Jordan 6's for 100 flat. I seriously don't know who to blame for inflated Jordans.

I don't think you guys take into account the devaluing effects of inflation. Everything was cheaper in 1999 lulz.

They'll be saying the saying the same thing 10 years from now when Nike/Adidas shoes are retailing for $500.

At what point do you say "enough is enough" as it pertains to the economy?

The Galaxy Foam debacle totally killed my passion for kicks.

Don't even check for new releases anymore.

Very few OG colorways mean anything any more. Its just a bunch of low quality sneaker models in different colorways, slapped with a JB/Nike logo and a cute nickname for hype purposes.

I'm good.

Penny, Mike and Barkley ain't playing no more,,,and Nike has totally killed the nostalgia factor for me and a lot of cats that grew up watching them.

People aren't even rational about sneakers right now. The herd mentality is at full swing and that's when I take a step back and let dudes trample each other to get sneakers that sat on outlet shelves when they first dropped.

Its a shame on a much more serious level that a lot of kids and young adults are really stagnating themselves financially and hurting their futures over these cheaply made pieces of footwear that mean nothing in the long run.

Glad that I've been there and done that.

ive said that awhile ago. ill make a return when i feel ill miss the game. im just on the sidelines now, i hear what people are saying and i can say it looks ugly. $180+ retail prices? thats just od. resell prices are even worse

son.. im on instagram and my boy put up a pic from tweegram. apparently some dude who was 5th in line for the yeezy 2s was selling his spot for $600

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Ima big Kanye fan but @#@# that Im not buying into the hype. They look like spizike's IMO. It was predictable that Nike would raise the retail price on some shoes because dudes are paying crazy prices from resellers so its good bussiness.

180 retail for some XI's aint bad at all.

If they're going to charge $180-$185 they could at least give us quality. The mold of the XI now is hideous and the "patent leather" is weak and thin as all hell.

Originally Posted by onewearz

none of us will ever be able to say enough .....

speak for yourself, i stopped collecting in 2005 when I started thinking things were getting a little ridiculous.

Originally Posted by NattyBro

you *****ing about retail prices while cats are flipping them for 100's more off the resell lol...clearly it's some people who are never going to say enough is enough

Well that can be a thread on its own so I don't know why you're busting his balls.

I don't care I sold a pair of yeezys today for 1,800, Im still copping the Oly 6s. Thank you Nike

Originally Posted by TroyD

ive said that awhile ago. ill make a return when i feel ill miss the game. im just on the sidelines now, i hear what people are saying and i can say it looks ugly. $180+ retail prices? thats just od. resell prices are even worse

son.. im on instagram and my boy put up a pic from tweegram. apparently some dude who was 5th in line for the yeezy 2s was selling his spot for $600
At the Burn Rubber release of the Yeezy 2 some college student paid $400 to be 4th in line a week ahead of the release. His mom was waiting in line with him. 
Guess How much BR was charging for the shoes? $1000

http://www.freep.com/article/201206...y-400-markup-for-Kanye-West-Nike-Air-Yeezy-II

Lamest %@%! I ever read. 

As for me, I'm pretty much done giving my money to JB. Nike still gets some love but only when I can find a discount. I've found that other brands have much better quality than what Nike has to offer for a (usually) lower or similar price point. 

Case in point: 

I paid $160 for a pair of NB 997 that I wore almost daily for a month. I could resell them right now as "worn once" and you wouldn't know a thing. I paid the same amount for a pair of True Blue 3 and those things creased after the 2nd wear and were noisy as hell. The same thing happened with the 2 pairs of XIII I had. The suede of the black V was cheap too. Needless to say I got rid of all of them. 

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

Lol, the Lebron 10s are really going to be $300 retail? -is that confirmed?

The 10+ version. The regular 10 is like $180.
The 10+ has a computer or something in it. 

OP is misleading.

last pair of non-discounted sneakers I bought were the spacejams. Beat them to hell on the basketball court until the soles fell off. Felt great but reminded me that these sneakers are crap material and not worth the money.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

Lol, the Lebron 10s are really going to be $300 retail? -is that confirmed?

The 10+ version. The regular 10 is like $180.
The 10+ has a computer or something in it. 

OP is misleading.

So a version of the LeBron 10 will be $300? How is that misleading? Bottom line is the retail price is out of control. The average American should not be able to afford these $200 sneakers yet they sell out in minutes.

Back
Top Bottom