ATOMIC BLONDE - 7/28/17- Charlize Theron - Sequel in the Works

just got back, liked it, seemed to drag though and it seemed like they were fitting in waaaay too much into the plot.

that long take of a fight scene was worth the price of admission though(assuming I didn't get fooled into thinking it was one take)

Saw this Thursday:

Just got out of Atomic Blond. 6.3/8

As far as feeling I went from this is a good movie to this is solid to that was a dope espionage action flick.

There is no hesitation in hitting you with this is a movie set in 1989 set in Berlin right before the wall drops. From clothes, to the music to the feel of it. Appreciated that to an extent.

The main thing that shines in this movie is Charlize's fight scenes. And I got to give props to Lietch cuz he switcued up the fighting style and execution along with how he filmed some fight scenes. It was great. She came off as a skilled fighter but still a woman so moves attempting to get leverage, the defense, getting thrown around all looked good.

The only thing arguably better than that was Charlize and Sofia Boutella's sex scene. I was satisfied when they just made out but then when the draws came off it took me to another place. I was so happy.

Now the story was good but I feel as if midway part of the movie they were relying too heavily on the 80s music to make up for a plot that didn't have all of the necessary things in a script to keep you fully engaged. I managed to look at my phone and still keep up with the mystery of Satchel and the plan to get Spyglass and his fam across the border.

In the end, I liked the twist and the final fight scenes.

The movie had some strong espionage film atmoshphere and some Bond vibes. I don't know how to explain how but it seemed to be even better cuz she was a woman.

Will watch again.

Charlize is AWG status. Never understood the hype
Sus.

Will wait for blu ray.
giphy.gif

You not missing anything. They tried to hard to be stylish. The movie is confusing in the beginning, and it took like an 1 hour for anything significant to happen.

Loved the movie, loved the 1989 berlin setting, Charlize too sexy even at 41, amazing soundtrack with 80s music

Movie was on par with John Wick and quite possibly better off the actin strength of Charlize and McAvoy....Charlize is legit the Goat action actress, she ***** carried and owned that movie, had she been younger she could have definitely played Captain Marvel and could have been someone the MCU could have easily been carried by....this movie was GREAT.

Theron confirms Atomic Blonde sequel in the works

Throughout her extensive career, Charlize Theron has never done a sequel before. She’s been a part of a franchise in Mad Max: Fury Road, Prometheus, and The Fate of the Furious, but the Oscar winner hasn’t played the same character in series twice… until now… at least sometime soon.

IndieWire, the actress confirmed that they’re working on a sequel to last year’s Atomic Blonde.

In the film, Theron played Agent Lorraine Broughton, the crown jewel of Her Majesty’s Secret Intelligence Service who was equal parts spycraft, sensuality and savagery, willing to deploy any of her skills to stay alive on her impossible mission. Sent alone into Berlin to deliver a priceless dossier out of the destabilized city, she partners with embedded station chief David Percival (James McAvoy) to navigate her way through the deadliest game of spies.

I ain't eem mad at that. I wasn't expecting to get a sequel but I'm also not shocked.

The soundtrack still gets burn on my gym playlist too.

just watched this.
charlize and macavoy were great

will watch the sequel for sure

loved the soundtrack, makes me think 80s music really was the goat era, 80s pop music was so good

Last edited:
I enjoyed the first but feels like something was missing, not sure what. Hope they find it the 2nd time around.

Back
Top Bottom