Attendance in Jacksonville

38,253 was the turnstile count for attendance today in Jacksonville.

I was at the game and could just sense the frustration the few fans that did show up have with the organization. I hope the team can turn it around and sellsome tickets by winning. Regardless, it's become a serious issue.

I'm worried that I won't have my 2 1/2 hour drive to Jacksonville 8 weekends in the fall much longer.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

the los angeles jaguars coming 2011.
laugh.gif

sick.gif

That don't sound right...they should just do like OKC and leave "Jaguars" behind in Jacksonville.

laugh.gif
Shhh...dont worry about that at all fam...
Tebow gonna have people coming out the woodwork.
laugh.gif

I live in Jacksonville and it really is just a college football town. There's not many diehard Jags fans that go to games no matter win/lose or whateverbecause many people and their fams that live in Jax come from other cities, etc such as me cause im a Jets fan. Example, everytime there's a Steelers game,it's atleast half and half with the fans. The Jags have no where near the same fanbases as other cities.
Also, Jax has been really hurt by the economy and not alot of people are gonna pay even $50 for the ticket, $10 for parking, and then god awful amounts forbeer, food to watch a pathetic effort like yesterday against Arizona.
The truth is, the quickest ways to get that franchise going again is for them to either have a great winning record, or draft Tebow.
Truth is, drafting Tebow will bring more fans than them going 16-0 would, and thats sad...

Originally Posted by jkballer5

I live in Jacksonville and it really is just a college football town. There's not many diehard Jags fans that go to games no matter win/lose or whatever because many people and their fams that live in Jax come from other cities, etc such as me cause im a Jets fan. Example, everytime there's a Steelers game, it's atleast half and half with the fans. The Jags have no where near the same fanbases as other cities.
Also, Jax has been really hurt by the economy and not alot of people are gonna pay even $50 for the ticket, $10 for parking, and then god awful amounts for beer, food to watch a pathetic effort like yesterday against Arizona.
The truth is, the quickest ways to get that franchise going again is for them to either have a great winning record, or draft Tebow.
Truth is, drafting Tebow will bring more fans than them going 16-0 would, and thats sad...
they need tebow or something to revive the franchise. people were bleeding jaguar teal after the 1996 season when they went to the afcchampionship game in their second season. after they beat denver, fans were waiting for the team at the airport at 1am and the team went to the stadium to havea rally with their fans who filled up a good portion of the stadium that night.

during the mark brunell, boselli, jimmy smith, fred taylor days when they were consistently winning 11-12 games a season 1996-1999, that stadium was filledup and they had a strong fanbase. perhaps they peaked to early and their fans were spoiled with their early success and expected those type of seasons to bethe norm.

But is Tebow going to win games? It's one thing to draft him and spark ticket sales, but it's another thing for him to be a productive NFL player.Drafting Tebow can only maintain ticket sales for so long. Winning is what sells tickets, and I'm not sure Tebow is a player that would turn us intocontenders. Hopefully I'm wrong (If we go that route).

P.S.

LA don't deserve a team any more than Jacksonville.

Originally Posted by MDterps4

But is Tebow going to win games? It's one thing to draft him and spark ticket sales, but it's another thing for him to be a productive NFL player. Drafting Tebow can only maintain ticket sales for so long. Winning is what sells tickets, and I'm not sure Tebow is a player that would turn us into contenders. Hopefully I'm wrong (If we go that route).

P.S.

Umm, yes they do. It's the second biggest market in the US, you think they would have a problem selling tickets??? Florida notouriously has the worst prosports fans, the Heat and Magic have trouble selling tickets even when they are good and the Marlins and Rays can't even put anybody in the seats. The onlyteam with a real fanbase ins the Dolphins. They would never have to worry about ticket sales if the moved to LA.

Been casually watching football for years but have no connection to any team. Bring em to LA, just change their name lol. I need a team to support.

It's not about "deserving" a team, per se, but LA can at least support a team...at least much more so than JAX.

But is Tebow going to win games? It's one thing to draft him and spark ticket sales, but it's another thing for him to be a productive NFL player. Drafting Tebow can only maintain ticket sales for so long. Winning is what sells tickets, and I'm not sure Tebow is a player that would turn us into contenders. Hopefully I'm wrong (If we go that route).

P.S.

i agreed with everything you said up until that.

yes LA fans are very fickle, but with the population here, even when the team is bad tickets will be sold, especially because there will be a 2-3 year graceperiod where the team can suck all they want but the games will sell out off the strength of everyone being excited to have the nfl back.

the jags will end up staying though. it would be weird seeing the jaguars in LA, im a 49er fan but Fred Taylor and Jimmy Smith are two of my favorite footballplayers ever and i always loved the jaguars uniforms until they switched to that crap they started wearing this season.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

there should only be one team in Florida. Bucs and Jags are lame franchises.

laugh.gif
both those franchises have done more for pro football in florida thanthe Dolphins the last 20 years, so I don't know what that makes the Dolphins if these two are lame.

Really though - everyone talks about LA needing a team, but there's a reason there is no team in LA. If it were definitely going to be a profitableventure, it would've happened already. People in LA already have pro football teams, the ones that care at least... and then a large portion of LAdoesn't seem to care about anything besides UCLA and USC.

I'm sure it would do better than Jax - I do believe that. But to assume it would thrive seems a bit presumptuous. Still, it's probably only a matterof time til they at least give it a shot... just seems Cali has enough teams already.

That don't sound right...they should just do like OKC and leave "Jaguars" behind in Jacksonville
That's assuming Jacksonville would get another team...which they won't..they never should have gotten a team in the first place no waythat city can consistently support a pro team.

Tebow ain't the answer...yeah he'd get them a few more season ticket holders in year one but Tim Tebow is not going to make Jacksonville the FloridaGators of the NFL...heck what position would he even play. The game Saturday against Tennesse should have shown everyone he's not an NFL QB.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by finnns2003

there should only be one team in Florida. Bucs and Jags are lame franchises.

laugh.gif
both those franchises have done more for pro football in florida than the Dolphins the last 20 years, so I don't know what that makes the Dolphins if these two are lame.

Really though - everyone talks about LA needing a team, but there's a reason there is no team in LA. If it were definitely going to be a profitable venture, it would've happened already. People in LA already have pro football teams, the ones that care at least... and then a large portion of LA doesn't seem to care about anything besides UCLA and USC.

I'm sure it would do better than Jax - I do believe that. But to assume it would thrive seems a bit presumptuous. Still, it's probably only a matter of time til they at least give it a shot... just seems Cali has enough teams already.

if im not mistaken, the bucs have done pretty good attendance wise ever since the team was revived in 1997 and they became decent again. they have a nicestadium and the area is nice.

the dolphins are the first ever professional sports team to play in florida, they've been around long enough to establish a consistent fanbase, whereassome people grew up with their parents and grandparents being dolphins fans so for the most part they'll continue to have a solid loyal fanbase even thoughthey have trouble selling out games
laugh.gif

the main reason theres no team in LA is because the city is deadset on having the team play in the colliseum. im almost certain the issue with the stadium wasthe reason why they lost out on the team to houston when they expanded. LA originally won the team but couldn't resolve the stadium issue so Houston gotthe team instead. It's been so long since we've had a team here that almost everyone just choose another team or stuck with the crappy raiders but ifa team were to come to LA i'm sure it would be supported but then again who knows because this isn't really the best sports city

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

P.S.

Umm, yes they do. It's the second biggest market in the US, you think they would have a problem selling tickets??? Florida notouriously has the worst pro sports fans, the Heat and Magic have trouble selling tickets even when they are good and the Marlins and Rays can't even put anybody in the seats. The only team with a real fanbase ins the Dolphins. They would never have to worry about ticket sales if the moved to LA.
Didn't the Raiders already try? Rams?

LA can't support a NFL franchise.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

P.S.

Umm, yes they do. It's the second biggest market in the US, you think they would have a problem selling tickets??? Florida notouriously has the worst pro sports fans, the Heat and Magic have trouble selling tickets even when they are good and the Marlins and Rays can't even put anybody in the seats. The only team with a real fanbase ins the Dolphins. They would never have to worry about ticket sales if the moved to LA.
Didn't the Raiders already try? Rams?

LA can't support a NFL franchise.
bitter. even when the raiders left they werent getting crowds like 38000 a game. they would have been gone 6 years earlier if the crowds were thatbad. that team will leave jacksonville if those number continue or get worse

Back
Top Bottom