ATTN ALL NT COOKS! How do I make a pork roast?

dontsteponmyshoes

Supporter
My neighbors fridge just blew out and he gave me @*+! loads of free food, one of the items being a pork roast. Being a lil 
pimp.gif
pork roast sounds good as hell tonight for dinner. I have a crock pot some potatoes green beans and carrots and corn on the cobb already. Do I just throw all of that in the pot with some water? Do I use water, or do I need like chicken broth or something? I have your traditional house hold seasonings(salt, pepper, garlic, oregano ect ect) do I need any of that?

My neighbors fridge just blew out and he gave me @*+! loads of free food, one of the items being a pork roast. Being a lil 
pimp.gif
pork roast sounds good as hell tonight for dinner. I have a crock pot some potatoes green beans and carrots and corn on the cobb already. Do I just throw all of that in the pot with some water? Do I use water, or do I need like chicken broth or something? I have your traditional house hold seasonings(salt, pepper, garlic, oregano ect ect) do I need any of that?

Youll need

salt
pepper
garlic
paprika
applejuice
and maybe soy sauce

season the pork loin liberally with the salt pepper garlic and parpica...

( for salt I usually use sea salt... I used red and black pepper)

Trow the pork back in the fridge for 2-3 hours to marinate.

now grab a pan and put a liberal amout of oil in it.

Your going to seer the pork loin on all four sides...

This is to keep the juices in.

Now preheat your oven to about 350,

at the bottom of the pan you just cooked the prok in is delescious flavor bits... try frying some onions and carrots, adding some apple juice , chicken stock whatever you have and want to work with to create a sauce.

Now put your pork in the oven... baste it in the sauce every so often and save some sauce as a dressing for later... peace a good luck

Youll need

salt
pepper
garlic
paprika
applejuice
and maybe soy sauce

season the pork loin liberally with the salt pepper garlic and parpica...

( for salt I usually use sea salt... I used red and black pepper)

Trow the pork back in the fridge for 2-3 hours to marinate.

now grab a pan and put a liberal amout of oil in it.

Your going to seer the pork loin on all four sides...

This is to keep the juices in.

Now preheat your oven to about 350,

at the bottom of the pan you just cooked the prok in is delescious flavor bits... try frying some onions and carrots, adding some apple juice , chicken stock whatever you have and want to work with to create a sauce.

Now put your pork in the oven... baste it in the sauce every so often and save some sauce as a dressing for later... peace a good luck

pork shoulder with skin, cut deep slices in diamonds

# 4 garlic cloves, smashed
# 1 handful fresh oregano
# 1 bunch fresh cilantro, plus chopped cilantro, for garnish
# 1 teaspoon ground cumin
# Kosher salt and fresh coarsely ground black pepper
# 2 limes, juiced, plus wedges for serving
# 2 oranges, juiced
# 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
puree all of this in a blender, magic bullet... marinate in a bag for 5hrs or so.. bake in oven @ 300 on a rack
credit goes to tyler florence

pork shoulder with skin, cut deep slices in diamonds

# 4 garlic cloves, smashed
# 1 handful fresh oregano
# 1 bunch fresh cilantro, plus chopped cilantro, for garnish
# 1 teaspoon ground cumin
# Kosher salt and fresh coarsely ground black pepper
# 2 limes, juiced, plus wedges for serving
# 2 oranges, juiced
# 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
puree all of this in a blender, magic bullet... marinate in a bag for 5hrs or so.. bake in oven @ 300 on a rack
credit goes to tyler florence

^^ thats if you have what I call pernil... which will have a bone...

pork loin on the other hand, doesnt have a bone

^^ thats if you have what I call pernil... which will have a bone...

pork loin on the other hand, doesnt have a bone

Season and sear just like HighMan said. With a crackpot, I would use chicken or beef broth, whatever was available. Add some salt to broth. Put the meat in and fill the crockpot with the broth. I would use bayleaves, whole pepper corn also. But put whatever seasonings you want. Potatoes, onion, celery and tomatoes were in the mix too. I would let it sit in the crockpot for a few hours but it's worth it, meat just falling off. I'm not a pro chef or anything but you can always find recipes on the net, which are pretty good and you can also tweak those recipes too. GL man.

Back
Top Bottom