August Alsina said Will Smith told him he could smash Jada if he wanted to...

Forget Will and Jada, that man ended with “my momma told me not to fight in front of white people” as his walk off joke as if we suppose to still(or should have ever) act or carry our selves a certain way around them.

But yet, he joked about watching a movie so he can see someone(a black man) be whipped. Hell, I’m trippin another slave movie was made. “Perfect timing” for Will though, smh. Possible slick punishment and reward in Hollywoodland.

Y’all saw comedy I guess. I saw a man that was clearly still hurt, and understandably so. He is a comedian and that is his therapy. The Ali line, Will being bigger, all came off as jokes. Them other parts I mentioned were pretty much, “let me whip him massa”.
You missed the whole point. Black folks have been on a crusade for equality in America since it's inception.. it's not about "carrying ourselves a certain way in front of white people" it's about us asking to be respected as a race while constantly disrespecting each other for the world to see. Just going by the rates, the black community is extremely violent and a large part of that is due to what the kids grow up seeing. I live in the Memphis metro and all the kids listen to is music where black men gloat about killing other black men and on TV we see the glorification of violence. That **** has done a number on the psyche of the black community. Violence is literally normalized so for Will to do that on that stage to another black man knowing who's watching, not just white folks, was just fxcked up. The same cats championing Will for that weak shxt are the same dudes defending Ja Morant in the NBA threads. People pay attention to how we treat one another, if we're always publicly putting each other down and enacting violence on one another. How can we then turnaround and ask other groups of folks to treat us with a higher standard of respect than we treat ourselves? And to your point about therapy, most great comedians are fxcked in the head and will tell you comedy is their therapy, it's always been this way. That was a strange criticism.

Rock insisted that, even though he was slapped live on international television by a much larger man, he wasn't a victim – unfortunately implying there might be some shame in that designation, while connecting to a rant he had delivered earlier in the night insisting that too many people seek attention by unfairly claiming victimhood.

"I'm not a victim, baby...you will never see me on Oprah or Gayle crying," the comic said. "I took that hit like [champion boxer Manny] Pacquiao."

He may not have been crying, but Rock's anger over the incident seemed fresh as if it had just happened last week. "People are [asking me] 'Did it hurt?'" Rock said, incredulously. "It still hurts."

And his final observation: He didn't fight back against Smith because of a lesson from his parents: "Don't fight in front of white people!"
Bruh should've let it all out then, instead of going on stage and saying this.

I was going to watch later today, but now I'm wondering if it's going to be another one of these "old man can't keep up with a changing world" routines.

You missed the whole point. Black folks have been on a crusade for equality in America since it's inception.. it's not about "carrying ourselves a certain way in front of white people" it's about us asking to be respected as a race while constantly disrespecting each other for the world to see. Just going by the rates, the black community is extremely violent and a large part of that is due to what the kids grow up seeing. I live in the Memphis metro and all the kids listen to is music where black men gloat about killing other black men and on TV we see the glorification of violence. That **** has done a number on the psyche of the black community. Violence is literally normalized so for Will to do that on that stage to another black man knowing who's watching, not just white folks, was just fxcked up. The same cats championing Will for that weak shxt are the same dudes defending Ja Morant in the NBA threads. People pay attention to how we treat one another, if we're always publicly putting each other down and enacting violence on one another. How can we then turnaround and ask other groups of folks to treat us with a higher standard of respect than we treat ourselves? And to your point about therapy, most great comedians are fxcked in the head and will tell you comedy is their therapy, it's always been this way. That was a strange criticism.

giving dude way too much credit

he had months and thought it was cool to crack a joke where the underlying premise is he watched a slave movie and rooted for the slave masters

I get revenge pron.. but that’s something else

I wanna know who dude even got in his circle to bounce some of this shh off of

giving dude way too much credit

he had months and thought it was cool to crack a joke where the underlying premise is he watched a slave movie and rooted for the slave masters

I get revenge pron.. but that’s something else

I wanna know who dude even got in his circle to bounce some of this shh off of
Not sure about Chris but I know a lot of comedians with specials go on small tours beforehand and use those shows to try new jokes and gauge responses. Then use the ones with the best receptions in their specials.

Wait you don’t?!?
I’m suppose to stop being me because white people are around? It’s okay amongst our own to get angry, lose your cool, act out of human emotion but not around white people? Why? Because only black people act out in social settings? Emotion is natural, some are able to control it some are not, regardless of race.

0E8494F6-8512-44AE-938D-39408251E61A.gif
He wasn’t ready to talk about it still I believe, and did so for the bag. Chris had the Birdman stutter when he called Jada a b****. Even the crowd felt the energy from it and it wasn’t met with laughs. Sure, whether in a negative or positive light we all have probably called Jada that lol. He did not seem completely comfortable on stage as he has in the past. That man was fighting back tears after that mic drop.

I was acknowledging comedy is his therapy. But he clearly wasn’t ready for the session. I don’t think he walked off that stage healed, he was clearly hurt still. You could feel it throughout the segment.

So it’s ok for Chris to retaliate by getting on stage and disrespecting Will and his wife? Whether the audience was majority black or not, a white audience was able to witness this. Whether verbal or physical, both are a form of violence, depending on how an individual takes it.

Not a fan of Chris rock saying what black people should and shouldn’t do around white people

Especially when clearly his white friends are comfortable saying the N word around him

I was acknowledging comedy is his therapy. But he clearly wasn’t ready for the session. I don’t think he walked off that stage healed, he was clearly hurt still. You could feel it throughout the segment.

So it’s ok for Chris to retaliate by getting on stage and disrespecting Will and his wife? Whether the audience was majority black or not, a white audience was able to witness this. Whether verbal or physical, both are a form of violence, depending on how an individual takes it.
Ok I get what you're saying now brotha. And as I said when it all went down, Will was well within his right to feel some type of way but man you telling me he couldn't have gotten as Chris backstage? Also, I gotta defend the comedy here. Awards shows have featured celebrities getting roasted for most of our lives, that's usually what the hosts do. As we saw, this was more about Will looking at his wife's response and it triggering some trauma from his childhood where he said he felt like a coward because he didn't defend his mom when she would get abused. Completely overshadowed his night. I hate to talk about what ifs but I wish none of it transpired.

Talented for sure and can pull out a great performance when needed, ie Requiem or Fresh Prince but for some reason prefers bad movies and bad standup.

Not a fan of Chris rock saying what black people should and shouldn’t do around white people

Especially when clearly his white friends are comfortable saying the N word around him

See nawww….

“Countdown to when he’s poor again” :stoneface:
Had he replied “or countdown til y’all set him up” or something ok. But he goes on to give dude the badge of N***** Honor, with the hard R don’t forget the hard R, :smh:

I’m suppose to stop being me because white people are around? It’s okay amongst our own to get angry, lose your cool, act out of human emotion but not around white people? Why? Because only black people act out in social settings? Emotion is natural, some are able to control it some are not, regardless of race.

Don’t do this king.

You know what I’m talking about and if you don’t then you’re a problem.

Got people like ksteezy ksteezy throwin around the n word because he has the “pass”.

We have conversations that are usually kept in house because only we know the plight.

Ok I get what you're saying now brotha. And as I said when it all went down, Will was well within his right to feel some type of way but man you telling me he couldn't have gotten as Chris backstage? Also, I gotta defend the comedy here. Awards shows have featured celebrities getting roasted for most of our lives, that's usually what the hosts do. As we saw, this was more about Will looking at his wife's response and it triggering some trauma from his childhood where he said he felt like a coward because he didn't defend his mom when she would get abused. Completely overshadowed his night. I hate to talk about what ifs but I wish none of it transpired.
Nahhh Will was dead wrong too. I don’t think he did that to defend Jada’s honor. If it wasn’t part of the script, he did that because his name was being spoken by the public in a negative light had it finally boiled over IMO. They had been skating by all these rumors for decades and just like that those rumors were being not only talked about but proven to be true. That image Will and his family had been running with finally took a hit, a big one.

Don’t do this king.

You know what I’m talking about and if you don’t then you’re a problem.

Got people like ksteezy ksteezy throwin around the n word because he has the “pass”.

We have conversations that are usually kept in house because only we know the plight.
I understand exactly what you’re saying man. And honestly, I can’t even reflect on it right now because you just did something beautiful man.

“Don’t do this King” just sent chills through me and made my eyes tear up, deadass.

I shouldn’t even have to say, but this is how it should happen man…

👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾
🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹
🫡🤴🏾🫡🤴🏾🫡🤴🏾

Brah, I love the (80s, 90,s and 2000's) was the s***!! I watched them all religiously back in the day.

Learned about mad random **** before my time because of those.

Would say they should bring them back for the past 20 years but most of the **** they’d talk about is regurgitated on social media every day lol. Was a much cooler concept before things like Tumblr and IG archive pages existed

Skimmed over a few clips online but I wonder how their first convo went afterwards for him to be doing this a whole year later and doubling down. Fair play that he took his time with it and monetized it since he was the one who got slapped but it’s kinda wild seeing him talk like they not two of the most iconic black entertainers of the past 40 years. He talking like he in a Shade Room comment section

Like everything else aside 20 years ago him vaguely hinting at the swinger thing would have made the arena go crazy :lol: and now he going on a whole rant about it and **** moves so fast there will be a crazier story than this by the middle of the week. Lol media/entertainment standards just get wilder and wilder

Skimmed over a few clips online but I wonder how their first convo went afterwards for him to be doing this a whole year later and doubling down. Fair play that he took his time with it and monetized it since he was the one who got slapped but it’s kinda wild seeing him talk like they not two of the most iconic black entertainers of the past 40 years. He talking like he in a Shade Room comment section

Like everything else aside 20 years ago him vaguely hinting at the swinger thing would have made the arena go crazy :lol: and now he going on a whole rant about it and **** moves so fast there will be a crazier story than this by the middle of the week. Lol media/entertainment standards just get wilder and wilder

You're typing up think pieces on clips you saw?

It's annoying how people treat comedy now. Sad thing is some of you don't even realize it. Keep letting social media dictate your train of thought, because all I see is a bunch of regurgitation and you might as well be AI.

Back
Top Bottom