***Austin City Limits 2011 10 Year Anniversary***

Alright Guys Line Up is out. Discuss/get it going!

The long-awaited lineup for the 10th annual Austin City Limits Music Festival is out and the scramble for one-day passes ensued.

At midnight on Tuesday, festival organizers released the lineup. It includes headliners such as Kanye West, Stevie Wonder, Arcade Fire, and Fleet Fox.

The performers will join more than 100 other acts on the ACL stages at Zilker Park. This year's festival kicks off on Friday, September 16 and runs through Sunday, September 18.

Three day passes for the festival sold out before the lineup was even released. On Tuesday at 10:00 a.m. organizers started selling one day passes. At $90 a piece they are selling fast.

Austin Powell is the music columnist at the Austin Chronicle. He was among the hundreds waiting online for the sale to start.

Powell set up two separate computers and four different kinds of web browsers to get through as quickly as possible. About one minute to sell time, the online ticket office moved Powell into a digital waiting room.

Six minutes in, one of the browsers went through. Powell secured two tickets for each day of the festival.

"It's their 10th anniversary for ACL, and I really get the impression that they really wanted to make a statement with that," said Powell. "They just went far and above and beyond with their headliners, with their middle tier, some of their kind of left-field choices as well. These are some huge acts."

According to the Austin City Limits Music Festival, the lineup will include dozens of performances each day.

See the full list of performances below:

Friday, Sep 16
Kanye West
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Coldplay
Nas & Damian "Jr Gong" Marley
Bright Eyes
Santigold
Pretty Lights
Big Boi
Ray LaMontagne
Old Crow Medicine Show
Cold War Kids
Delta Spirit
Foster The People
Smith Westerns
Mavis Staples
Jack Ingram
James Blake
Sara Bareilles
Wild Beasts
Brandi Carlile
The Secret Sisters
Phosphorescent
Charles Bradley
Reptar
Beardyman
An Horse
Asleep at the Wheel
Futurebirds
Theophilus London
The Moondoggies
The Cave Singers
Ha Ha Tonka
Miniature Tigers
Bells Of Joy
Disciples Of Christ
Sara Hickman
The School of Rock
Heidi Swedburg
Mariana Iranzi
Recess Monkey

Saturday, Sep 17
Stevie Wonder
My Morning Jacket
Alison Krauss & Union Station
Cee Lo
Cut Copy
TV On The Radio
Skrillex
Iron & Wine
Chromeo
Fitz and the Tantrums
Court Yard Hounds
Young The Giant
Alexander
Preservation Hall Jazz Band and The Del McCoury Band
City and Colour
Twin Shadow
The Antlers
Wanda Jackson
Abigail Washburn & The Village
The Belle Brigade
Aloe Blacc & The Grand Scheme
Daniel Lanois' Black Dub
Fool's Gold
Patrice Pike
Cowboy and Indian
The Warrior Gospel Band
Endurance
Tyree Morris & The Hearts of Worship
Quinn Sullivan
Fresh Millions

Sunday, Sep 18
Arcade Fire
Fleet Foxes
Social Distortion
Empire Of The Sun
Randy Newman
Ryan Bingham & The Dead Horses
Broken Social Scene
Death From Above 1979
The Airborne Toxic Event
Elbow
The Walkmen
Chiddy Bang
Gomez
AWOLNATION
Hayes Carll
Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
The Head and the Heart
Mariachi El Bronx
Joseph Arthur
Bomba Estereo
MONA
The Vaccines
The Greencards
Ruby Jane
Little Hurricane
MilkDrive
The Lee Boys
The Durdens
Peter DiStefano & Tor
Q Brothers
The Barton Hills Choir
Seth Walker

Alright Guys Line Up is out. Discuss/get it going!

The long-awaited lineup for the 10th annual Austin City Limits Music Festival is out and the scramble for one-day passes ensued.

At midnight on Tuesday, festival organizers released the lineup. It includes headliners such as Kanye West, Stevie Wonder, Arcade Fire, and Fleet Fox.

The performers will join more than 100 other acts on the ACL stages at Zilker Park. This year's festival kicks off on Friday, September 16 and runs through Sunday, September 18.

Three day passes for the festival sold out before the lineup was even released. On Tuesday at 10:00 a.m. organizers started selling one day passes. At $90 a piece they are selling fast.

Austin Powell is the music columnist at the Austin Chronicle. He was among the hundreds waiting online for the sale to start.

Powell set up two separate computers and four different kinds of web browsers to get through as quickly as possible. About one minute to sell time, the online ticket office moved Powell into a digital waiting room.

Six minutes in, one of the browsers went through. Powell secured two tickets for each day of the festival.

"It's their 10th anniversary for ACL, and I really get the impression that they really wanted to make a statement with that," said Powell. "They just went far and above and beyond with their headliners, with their middle tier, some of their kind of left-field choices as well. These are some huge acts."

According to the Austin City Limits Music Festival, the lineup will include dozens of performances each day.

See the full list of performances below:

Friday, Sep 16
Kanye West
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Coldplay
Nas & Damian "Jr Gong" Marley
Bright Eyes
Santigold
Pretty Lights
Big Boi
Ray LaMontagne
Old Crow Medicine Show
Cold War Kids
Delta Spirit
Foster The People
Smith Westerns
Mavis Staples
Jack Ingram
James Blake
Sara Bareilles
Wild Beasts
Brandi Carlile
The Secret Sisters
Phosphorescent
Charles Bradley
Reptar
Beardyman
An Horse
Asleep at the Wheel
Futurebirds
Theophilus London
The Moondoggies
The Cave Singers
Ha Ha Tonka
Miniature Tigers
Bells Of Joy
Disciples Of Christ
Sara Hickman
The School of Rock
Heidi Swedburg
Mariana Iranzi
Recess Monkey

Saturday, Sep 17
Stevie Wonder
My Morning Jacket
Alison Krauss & Union Station
Cee Lo
Cut Copy
TV On The Radio
Skrillex
Iron & Wine
Chromeo
Fitz and the Tantrums
Court Yard Hounds
Young The Giant
Alexander
Preservation Hall Jazz Band and The Del McCoury Band
City and Colour
Twin Shadow
The Antlers
Wanda Jackson
Abigail Washburn & The Village
The Belle Brigade
Aloe Blacc & The Grand Scheme
Daniel Lanois' Black Dub
Fool's Gold
Patrice Pike
Cowboy and Indian
The Warrior Gospel Band
Endurance
Tyree Morris & The Hearts of Worship
Quinn Sullivan
Fresh Millions

Sunday, Sep 18
Arcade Fire
Fleet Foxes
Social Distortion
Empire Of The Sun
Randy Newman
Ryan Bingham & The Dead Horses
Broken Social Scene
Death From Above 1979
The Airborne Toxic Event
Elbow
The Walkmen
Chiddy Bang
Gomez
AWOLNATION
Hayes Carll
Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
The Head and the Heart
Mariachi El Bronx
Joseph Arthur
Bomba Estereo
MONA
The Vaccines
The Greencards
Ruby Jane
Little Hurricane
MilkDrive
The Lee Boys
The Durdens
Peter DiStefano & Tor
Q Brothers
The Barton Hills Choir
Seth Walker

I bought a pair of tickets today. i wish they would add more hip hop openers. 
first time going, what should I expect?

how hard is it gonna be to get to the front for kanye's set? 
nerd.gif

I bought a pair of tickets today. i wish they would add more hip hop openers. 
first time going, what should I expect?

how hard is it gonna be to get to the front for kanye's set? 
nerd.gif

wow stevie wonder huh i wish i could still stand around all day listening to music, back injuries prevent me from continuing my annual ACL vacation
frown.gif

wow stevie wonder huh i wish i could still stand around all day listening to music, back injuries prevent me from continuing my annual ACL vacation
frown.gif

oh its bad, austin is a very small city (I went to school there) and you'd have to wait a long time ahead (probably get to the front during a set or two before Kanye) to stay in front, also there are prob boatloads of meathead Fratboys from UT that will storm the front and try to push you out the way lol

oh its bad, austin is a very small city (I went to school there) and you'd have to wait a long time ahead (probably get to the front during a set or two before Kanye) to stay in front, also there are prob boatloads of meathead Fratboys from UT that will storm the front and try to push you out the way lol

Originally Posted by twostripestiger

i might have to bulk up before September comes. 
laugh.gif

i waited like 11 hours for the VEVO show.  Im only interested in seeing coldplay, kanye, Nas, Big boi & Santigold.

laugh.gif

i waited like 11 hours for the VEVO show.  Im only interested in seeing coldplay, kanye, Nas, Big boi & Santigold.

I REALLY REALLY wanna go.

Kanye
Arcade Fire
Coldplay
MMJ
Fleet Foxes
James Blake
Bright Eyes
Big Boi
Chiddy Bang
Skrillex
Iron & Wine
Chromeo
Theophilus London
Cold War Kids
MONA
Santigold
Empire of the Sun

Just need to figure out where the !@%# i'd stay
the Antlers

I REALLY REALLY wanna go.

Kanye
Arcade Fire
Coldplay
MMJ
Fleet Foxes
James Blake
Bright Eyes
Big Boi
Chiddy Bang
Skrillex
Iron & Wine
Chromeo
Theophilus London
Cold War Kids
MONA
Santigold
Empire of the Sun

Just need to figure out where the !@%# i'd stay
the Antlers

Got two passes for Friday. GF wants to see Stevie Wonder bad, so am going to try and buy a 3-day or Saturday pass off someone in the future ...

Got two passes for Friday. GF wants to see Stevie Wonder bad, so am going to try and buy a 3-day or Saturday pass off someone in the future ...

Originally Posted by numberone

laugh.gif

I think 'Ye and Coldplay are going to overlap. 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by numberone

laugh.gif

I think 'Ye and Coldplay are going to overlap. 
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom