========Austin TEXAS GOLF advice ========

Some friends and I will be traveling to Austin, Texas in early April for business and would love to get in a few rounds of golf. I have never been to the areathough I know there are plenty of fantastic golf courses. One of my friends is a pretty good golfer, and my other buddy and I are pretty terrible. I am lookingto find out from someone in the area which public courses might be good for us to try based on quality, difficulty, price, distance from downtown, etc. Ifthere is anyone on this board with knowledge in this area I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Travel an extra hour and a half to golf in San Antonio. Plenty of public courses, The Quarry Golf Club off 281 and Jones Maltsberger, Palmer Course and ResortCourse at La Cantera (Palmer is the best course in town) off IH10 and Babcock area....same vicinity as Fiesta Texas. Golf Club of Texas at Briggs Ranch ismighty nice too, just a little outside of the west side of San Antonio going towards Castroville. It's off Briggs Ranch Road and Highway 90.

Hope some of this helps! Tee 'em high and let 'em fly.

Back
Top Bottom