Avatar: The Last Air Bender Movie (TRAILER)

Originally Posted by ericescobar

Wait so isthos james camerons thing or is this a a seperate avatar
nope this film is based on a animated show, surprisingly one of the best shows on nick

I agree there should be an all Asian cast except for Aang. He looks white to me

Avatar-The-Legend-Of-Aang-PS2.jpg

aang.jpg

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

aang.jpg
I dunno about that. Look at the side of his eyes. Plus, Ang is from the Air nation that is obviously inspired by Buddhist monks.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

aang.jpg
I dunno about that. Look at the side of his eyes. Plus, Ang is from the Air nation that is obviously inspired by Buddhist monks.
its debatable but yea we do need an ALL ASIAN (Chinese, Korean, Japanese, etc) and Inuits cast...

That's what I don't get, how can Sokka and Katara be white? They were ****** Inuit. We got the heroes portrayed by whites with the villains portrayedby Indians
tired.gif
The Hollywood machine just doesn't care.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by rowenarrow

Thats Aang? I mean really thats him? Zuko looks on point.

I don't think it's that bad, although I did hope he would be Asian or a bit scrawnier.
I was also hoping Prince Zuko will be played by the guy who does his voice as I think he could've pulled it off.
http://

Slumdog Millionaire dude isn't a bad choice though I guess.
RUFIO!!!!!!

Where is this cat now?

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

That's what I don't get, how can Sokka and Katara be white? They were ****** Inuit. We got the heroes portrayed by whites with the villains portrayed by Indians
tired.gif
The Hollywood machine just doesn't care.
All they care about is the bottom line.

2vj6a34.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
What the hell is this?

Characters from the animated series. Katara and Sokka from the peacful and oppressed Water Tribe; Zuko from the tyrannical and genocidal Fire Nation.

castingchars.jpg

Most recent casting for the movie. Nicola Peltz as Katara, Jackson Rathbone as Sokka, Dev Patel as Zuko (originally cast as Jesse McCartney, a blond, blue-eyed popstar).

castingactors.jpg

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Katara and Sokka from the peacful and oppressed Water Tribe

castingactors.jpg

indifferent.gif

You guys have no soul, finally there is recognition for the oppression white people have suffered for centuries.
laugh.gif

Seriously though, they could of just avoided this whole touchy race subject by casting all asian and this is coming from a non-asian

I wonder if hispanics are the earth nation with their landscaping powers
laugh.gif
I need to get an agent quick

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Not tryna be racist or nuttin', but why they casting all these Middle Eastern dudes for the Fire Nation???
Director is Indian-American so he might of played a role. Their logic was Indians like spicy food so they should be the fire nation, I'll seeif I can find a link to the article.

This is worse then that survivor when they separated everyone by race
eyes.gif
Iwas really hyped for this but I'll just cop the bootleg now.

Originally Posted by SDS45

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Not tryna be racist or nuttin', but why they casting all these Middle Eastern dudes for the Fire Nation???
Director is Indian-American so he might of played a role. Their logic was Indians like spicy food so they should be the fire nation, I'll see if I can find a link to the article.

This is worse then that survivor when they separated everyone by race
eyes.gif
I was really hyped for this but I'll just cop the bootleg now.
hasn't M.Night taken atleast one cast role in each of his movies?
guess he's going either with the firenation or may play the wise guru from the show lol

Liked the show. And this movie looks like it could be interesting to watch. They failed horribly with that Dragonball movie though
tired.gif

This actually looks like they put a little more effort, atleast from the short bit..

Back
Top Bottom