Average age of Jordan Collector?

I'm 28 and I have 65 shoes almost all jordans with the exception of a few vans. I've collecting for about 15 years BUT I never put them away I wore allmy originals including the original carmines. if I only knew how much all my shoes would be worth I still would have wore them till the soles fell off!

Originally Posted by JordansRMyCrack

Originally Posted by Sneak King

I don't know if it's more age-related, or more so the fact that wearing a pair of J's is a job for me: Walking slowly, not over bending my feet, cleaning after every wear, etc.etc. Whatever the case....You cats ARE young! To the post originator, I think I feel ya! J's might NOT be the best look after a certain age.

Yo man, I feel ya. It gets tiring after awhile. I buy Js to rock, not stock. After they get old, I just get rid of them.....but dang, I didn't know I could sell a pair of BEAT OG Js on Ebay and make money for something I would dump. Oh well.

Age: Old enough to know: BDP, Slick Rick, Public Enemy (yes FlavOR Flav was more than just a reality TV buffoon), Run DMC when they did collab songs with Aerosmith, 3rd Bass, Beastie Boys, Rakim, Biz, ect...basically REAL HIP HOP, British Knights (not England-related), Dee Brown and his fly pumps, Electric Boogaloo, those African medallion pendants, In Living Color, Living Colour the band, fun times when Fresh Prince was a rapper with DJ Jazzy Jeff, Freddy Kreuger, Michael Meyers OG (not the remake movie by Rob Zombie), fades, high tops, "High Top" in "Colors", OG Jordans made with quality materials, Bordeaux's were ugly then and still are, I should have kept my basketball cards of 2nd year MJ when Fleer, Topps, and Upper Deck was around together, and to know fresh was a cool word then and still is, oddly enough.........the list goes on.

Collection: I don't "collect" per se, but there are too many to go into storage closets to actually count them.....sounds like work

we're around the same age then lol....take me back fam!!

I'm 32 and have been rocking jordans since the 1, i did take a few years off between the 15's - 18's but am back to going strong. I have actuallypicked up 5 pairs this week.

Originally Posted by JordansRMyCrack

Originally Posted by Sneak King

I don't know if it's more age-related, or more so the fact that wearing a pair of J's is a job for me: Walking slowly, not over bending my feet, cleaning after every wear, etc.etc. Whatever the case....You cats ARE young! To the post originator, I think I feel ya! J's might NOT be the best look after a certain age.

Yo man, I feel ya. It gets tiring after awhile. I buy Js to rock, not stock. After they get old, I just get rid of them.....but dang, I didn't know I could sell a pair of BEAT OG Js on Ebay and make money for something I would dump. Oh well.

Age: Old enough to know: BDP, Slick Rick, Public Enemy (yes FlavOR Flav was more than just a reality TV buffoon), Run DMC when they did collab songs with Aerosmith, 3rd Bass, Beastie Boys, Rakim, Biz, ect...basically REAL HIP HOP, British Knights (not England-related), Dee Brown and his fly pumps, Electric Boogaloo, those African medallion pendants, In Living Color, Living Colour the band, fun times when Fresh Prince was a rapper with DJ Jazzy Jeff, Freddy Kreuger, Michael Meyers OG (not the remake movie by Rob Zombie), fades, high tops, "High Top" in "Colors", OG Jordans made with quality materials, Bordeaux's were ugly then and still are, I should have kept my basketball cards of 2nd year MJ when Fleer, Topps, and Upper Deck was around together, and to know fresh was a cool word then and still is, oddly enough.........the list goes on.

Collection: I don't "collect" per se, but there are too many to go into storage closets to actually count them.....sounds like work
^^^ Like him too

How about "Rocket" from colors (so weird to see him in his roles now), Boogaloo Shrimp from Breakin, Andre Simone, The Family, Leaders of the NewSchool, Whodini, Young MC, Trecherous Three, KDAY and the Mixmaster show...or better yet the "5 O'Clock Jam", Uncle Jam's Army, EgyptianLover, Father MC, the group Troop, Troop Jackets, Michael Jackson in a real jerry curl, Atari 5200, Ice-T when he MC'd at the Radiotron, Potsi and RalphMalph, Starter jackets, Cavaricci's, when Polo cost more than LaCoste, Chocolate Thunder, Lew Alcindor, Jamaal Wilkes, World B. Free, Tiny Archibald, theFish that Saved Pittsburgh (best movie Dr. J was in), ...I got a long list too...

I remember seeing the Grape V's on sales racks at Big 5 for 29.99 and still not selling out...skaters using blk/red I's for thrashing around in...andbest of all...no lines for the newest J that came out...

Been buying since the wht/red II's came out. Unfortunately, I wore all my shoes till the soles fell off. I really appreciate how well they used to bemade because it took a while for that to happen...

Originally Posted by CDUNK

I feel like a dinosaur now at age 26.

laugh.gif

The earth is billions of years old, depending on your beliefs you will always be 1. a child or 2. as old as everything

Just turned 31 in January. Sported J's since the OG 2's and collected J's since the OG Concord XI.

Age aint nothin but some digits.
smh.gif
@ some of the lamesin this thread.

I'm 19 been buying air jordans for two years now but have had a love for the brand since I was 9 years old and can remember my dad sitting me down to watchnot only Jordan and the Bulls but the NBA in general since I was 6 years old. I only have about 5 pairs of Jordans being that I only buy some originalcolorways but now that I'm working I can go after the pairs I missed out on in middle and elementary school like the original black/red XIII's,black/red I's columbia XI's original white/college blue XVII's ect...

27 have not been collecting long and have about 40-50 pairs of jordan, kobes, lebrons (mostly jordans then kobes)...got 2-3 pairs of lebrons. then i got mynormal casual shoes which total to about 20 pairs (pumas, adidas, nikes, converse). i only collect basketball shoes..no dunks etc. i own only one pair of af1which i never even wore (DS camo from 2004).

I am 35 and my first job was at footlocker in 10th grade, so that was 1988. I have almost every original jordan ever sold at footlocker from 88-97 still inthe box, then took a hiatus after that because basically i didnt care for any of the jordans after the 13's. So i am probably one of the oldest jordanfans on here, but know the history of these shoes very well. I have a total of 72 pairs of jordans and over 3/4s of those are originals from 88-97. I wouldsay the most rare pair that I own are the maroon VI's and, a pair of Cleveland Cavalier colored Jumpman team shoe that I got from Derek Anderson when Iworked one of his basketball camps, and of course my favorite of all time...the white and grey IV's.

18 started at 15 but couldnt afford them, my boy gave me a pair of low 17s which i rocked to death and now i buy like 2 every three months

I would assume the average age would be anywhere between 17 and 20, 16 mat be a stretch. Mostly because that's around the age when people start to earntheir own income. Me, I SERIOUSLY started when I was 18. I wore em when I was 16, 17, but Ididn't really get into it until 18, I mostly wore em just cuz they were what wuz hot.

im 35 and been wearing jordans since day 1 all though i never preserved or kept them deadstock i have probably had at least 1 of every sig shoe at one point oranother right now i have about 40 or so pairs and worn every one of them except white/red xx3s and cdp vi 's and dont see myself stopping soon .

I am currently 23. I started collecting when I was a freshman in college(18) but I been rockin Nikes since birth and J's since about '93. I currentlyhave exactly 74 pair of J's, 45 or so on "ice" including IX Olives, Ginger XVIs, Grape Vs, Mocha IIIs, Carolina Low VIs, OLNL, a couple CDPs andmost recently the Wht/Red XX3s.

I'm 24 now...I've been SERIOUSLY collecting since I was 16.

I have about 80 pairs of jays,40 something nikes,aside from other brand sneakers.

Originally Posted by shpongled25

"
Age: Old enough to know: BDP, Slick Rick, Public Enemy (yes FlavOR Flav was more than just a reality TV buffoon), Run DMC when they did collab songs with Aerosmith, 3rd Bass, Beastie Boys, Rakim, Biz, ect...basically REAL HIP HOP, British Knights (not England-related), Dee Brown and his fly pumps, Electric Boogaloo, those African medallion pendants, In Living Color, Living Colour the band, fun times when Fresh Prince was a rapper with DJ Jazzy Jeff, Freddy Kreuger, Michael Meyers OG (not the remake movie by Rob Zombie), fades, high tops, "High Top" in "Colors", OG Jordans made with quality materials, Bordeaux's were ugly then and still are, I should have kept my basketball cards of 2nd year MJ when Fleer, Topps, and Upper Deck was around together, and to know fresh was a cool word then and still is, oddly enough.........the list goes on. "

^^I'm his age
me too
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by shottyblood

Originally Posted by CDUNK

I feel like a dinosaur now at age 26.

laugh.gif

The earth is billions of years old, depending on your beliefs you will always be 1. a child or 2. as old as everything
Haha, I know, it's all relative.

I'm turning 18 on the 12th next week and i'v got about 20 pairs. My savings account was something for others to be impressed by until i decided tostart collecting Jordans 2 years ago. Haha it's slowly windling down especially when i bought the 01 Bred Retro XIs. I have been wearing Jordans foreverthough. Parents brought me home from the hospital in little Jordans and i still got a pair of OG VIIs in baby sizes. Every year for basketball i got the newestJs for the season and i wont wear anything else (with exception to some Nikes) on the court.

Originally Posted by cyclefit42

I am 35 and my first job was at footlocker in 10th grade, so that was 1988. I have almost every original jordan ever sold at footlocker from 88-97 still in the box, then took a hiatus after that because basically i didnt care for any of the jordans after the 13's. So i am probably one of the oldest jordan fans on here, but know the history of these shoes very well. I have a total of 72 pairs of jordans and over 3/4s of those are originals from 88-97. I would say the most rare pair that I own are the maroon VI's and, a pair of Cleveland Cavalier colored Jumpman team shoe that I got from Derek Anderson when I worked one of his basketball camps, and of course my favorite of all time...the white and grey IV's.

You could have made that a really great first post with pics of your collection.
happy.gif
Get us some pics up in the showcase forum were all suckers for OG's.

I'm 36 been going since the I's. And you guys really have it made these days.
laugh.gif
I was considered a shoehead back in the 80's and Was lucky to get 4 newpair a year and I wore the crap out of them.
pimp.gif

I'm 18 been collecting since I was 14 and I have around 30 pairs of jordans.

i am 15 turning 16 at the end of the month and i have 4 pairs...and ya i buy all my shoes...i also have some SB's and AF1's as well as some vans andsome sick nikes.....

Back
Top Bottom