Avoiding ebay scams

Few questions on avoiding buying fakes on eBay...
1. If rare kicks are being sold for a price far below value should I assume they're fake?
2. If a seller says no refunds is that a sign that they'll scam me?
3. Should all photos of the shoes have a sign written on paper w/ seller's username? (so I know he has them and they're not photos off google images)

1. Most of the time yes. Feel free to legit check them on here.
2. Not necessarily. I have no refunds on all my listings and have a great feedback score. I also will never scam :D
3. I always recommend buying from sellers who tag (tag usually means the paper with the seller's name on it) their pics to ensure they own the shoes.

1. Most of the time yes. Feel free to legit check them on here.
2. Not necessarily. I have no refunds on all my listings and have a great feedback score. I also will never scam :D
3. I always recommend buying from sellers who tag (tag usually means the paper with the seller's name on it) their pics to ensure they own the shoes.
Thanks for the info!

Mullins is right about the "no refunds" not necessarily being sign that they'll scam you.

But you should definitely want to look at their feedback both Positive and Negative (Hopefully there's little to no Negative feedback from the seller that you're looking to buy from).

Also keep an eye out on sellers that insist that you make a paypal payment as a gift.

There are a couple of horror stories about that:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5...-using-gift-personal-gift-payment/td-p/482490

Mullins is right about the "no refunds" not necessarily being sign that they'll scam you. But you should definitely want to look at their feedback both Positive and Negative (Hopefully there's little to no Negative feedback from the seller that you're looking to buy from).

Also keep an eye out on sellers that insist that you make a paypal payment as a gift.

There are a couple of horror stories about sellers just taking the cash and the buyer not getting anything in return.

If the shoes are deemed counterfeit, then you can open a dispute process via Paypal and get your money back that way. Also, file a credit card chargeback stating the shoes are fake and get your cc company involved.

Usually PayPal sides with the buyer even though no returns are offered by the seller.

Back
Top Bottom