AZ in his prime> your favorite rapper of all time

How is he a poor man's Nas when Nas bit his flow?
And like I said his bars and flow right now are way better than anything Jay has dropped since TBA.

goldenchild9 wrote:
How is he a poor man's Nas when Nas bit his flow?
And like I said his bars and flow right now are way better than anything Jay has dropped since TBA.

He always has been considered that.... ALWAYS...  Flow bite or not.. He has been...   Why is the sky blue?  Because it is... And at the same time even with the flow bite by Nas... It just shows why Nas is a much better rapper because he parlayed that into a legendary career using his flow...  A last a poor man's Nas...

American Gangster disagrees with that second sentence..    And don't act like Jay doesn't still pull off verses and songs that are bar for bar competitive with anyone from any era.  As well Jay-Z also appeals to a much wider audience than AZ ever would making his music a tad bit different in comparison than AZ and would need to be taken into account...

I'm not gonna argue against Nasir but to call AZ a poor man's Nas just because they used to roll together is inaccurate to me. Nas is scatterbrained and eclectic, A is like a machine. Plus that It Was Writter/The Firm flow is AZ's. Not gonna award that to Esco when its clear where he got it from.

I'm a Jay stan and I can admit the dude fell the hell off lyrically. He's grown as an artist but his bars are nowhere close to the top of the game, neither are Nas's for that matter. Both of them make great albums still but only drop earthshaking bars few and far in between. Their content has grown while their lyricism has faded.

AZ's flow and bars still sound as crisp as day 1, but he hasn't grown an inch as an artist as far as content, concepts, image and putting together a thorough project. That's been his stumbling block.

Jay Z is overated to me so I disagree. Reasonable Doubt and Blueprint were incredible but honestly Jay Z has had the privilege of working with THE BEST PRODUCERS ON EVERY ALBUM HE HAS EVER RELEASED AT THAT TIME. Every album is filled with production from Timbaland,Premier, Kanye,Just Blaze, The Neptunes, Swizz Beatz, Dj Quik, Dr.Dre, etc I could sell records and have commercial appeal with the producers he collabs with and they were in their creative primes when he worked with them. If you don't think production is a major part of Jay Z's success you have no idea how the game goes. AZ doesn't have that super production behinfd him. Dude who mentioned Jay Electronica, I'd agree with you if he would release some new material. Dude is honestly too deep in the game and won't have released his first album if ever until he is damn near 40.

^ agree he isn't versatile enough overall but when he is in form NOBODY rhymes like him.

I mean listen to this, they bring the monster within out of each other.

i think AZ is just as good now then when he was in '95. I love some tracks off Undeniable, The Format is prob the best CD in 2006 (the only track I would skip became the hottest song of that yr (Doing that which turned into HI hater Remix) A.W.O.L was solid too.
the Doe or Die 15th He actually re-did the verses to match the new beats ( he says u can try to blind me instead of bomb on "Rather Unique.") Every cat i put him on get mesmerizes by his flow.
AZ will always be underrated but I think he wouldn't have it any other way. I wish he would go on tour and come to Texas though, thats all we been waiting for.
His discography is deep and his lyrics are always on point. Jay-Z, Nas, AZ and it don't matter the order bc when it boils down they are top 3 right now. and yes I mean RIGHT NOW. (personal opinion)

Originally Posted by Essential1

He's a poor man's Nas... So even in his prime Nas is better..

just that statement alone makes him better then 99% of da rap world....most people aspire to compared to da poorman's of a legend.

AZ is that dude!!!!! 
pimp.gif

Mo' money mo' murder has to be one of my fav songs of all time

Originally Posted by ninjahood

problem is that he's always associated with people that move in slow motion....

da times his career picked up was when he stepped up to da plate (sosa mixtape)

i remember when dipset wanted to sign him, back in da early 2000's, he should've took that deal like stack bundles did...you see how fast it propelled him to da

lime light?

That rumored deal was in like 2007 lol. Diplomats era was pretty much done by then.

^^^Until Dre 3000 makes an actual solo RAP album, AZ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3000 like dude said.

"Bu bu bu bu but Dre made Love Below"

I know, that was a really good pop/rnb/alternative album

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Originally Posted by k3stacks

No
Funny seeing you here.
AZ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Andre 3000.
Not even 1 ">" , but 25 of them?

Ok.
^^^Until Dre 3000 makes an actual solo RAP album, AZ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3000 like dude said.
This has to be one of the WORST types of arguments I've ever seen in the music forum.

So 50 Cent > Pusha T because Terrence hasn't dropped a solo LP yet?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

"Bu bu bu bu but Dre made Love Below"

I know, that was a really good pop/rnb/alternative album
that argument isn't a good one. sorry.
what would a solo album prove? 

and my response to any answer you give to that question: *!@%. 

no offense though. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

This has to be one of the WORST types of arguments I've ever seen in the music forum.

So 50 Cent > Pusha T because Terrence hasn't dropped a solo LP yet?
nerd.gif
Of course not, but wouldn't you like to hear an actual solo rap album by 3K, and not just 3 verses a year for the last 8 years? 
I know you saw my comment and just got very amped up and excited, but come on now. As great and Outkast projects have
been, 3K is capable of putting together a great rap album, and really that's just what I wanna hear. 

And you could even use the basketball analogy of having a ring in comparison. A solo rap album from 3K for me, would be
a championship ring. I'll wait on the quotes where "for me" is bolded in size 7 font.

3k solo RAP album would be incredible. "The Love Below" was incredible, sadly I don't think he will ever drop another official album with Outkast or solo. They are actually my favorite rap group but Andre doesn't put ou enough recent material to mess with AZ.

oh.....i see. the ring analogy makes me respect your opinion about this more.
because i don't personally agree w/ that...but i could see how others could use that as a measuring stick.

Back
Top Bottom