Azealia Banks Vs. Iggy Azalea tension grows, Iggy Responds to Banks

While she makes some valid points, I wish they were coming from anyone else but her. She's doing this because she's mad salty. She literally said, in the same interview, how much she loves Diplo; Diplo appropriates the hell out of Jamaican, black, dancehall culture on a regular basis. The whole white girls twerk thing, the failure to give props to dancehall artists and jamaican artists that obviously influence his style. If Banks was so worried about appropriating culture, she would be getting on Diplo too. But since Diplo sends her some tracks every once in awhile and lets her jump on some features, it's all good? *****.

Country music aint nothin but a mashup of American folk music and blues

Well Folk music for $100, Alex

:nerd:
:nerd: indeed.

Next thing you know somebody unearths the black guy(s) that started folk music. the black Hall & Oates won't be forgotten forever :nerd:
Does it matter what her motive is? What she saying is still true.
Yes it definitely does.

This aint a situation of message not the messenger. Cuz in this instance the messenger seems to constantly be about some *******.

It's like a broke clock is right 2 times a day. This thread is kinda more about her than w/e message she's running with.

I see alot of wale in this chick jus 10x worse
roll.gif

Little Richard had RnR on lock, then look what happened to the culture.  Preserve Hip Hop.
Yeah but white ppl made Elvis bigger than Richard ever could be and can make any artist huge, so basically keep hip hop away from white ppl is what you want?

Not even tryna say your point is stupid but how do we "preserve hip hop" as you say.

And hip hop aint sacred bruh sorry

Does it matter what her motive is? What she saying is still true.
I doesn't matter because for me it was never about either one of them individually.
this interview for me wasn't cause to shift support to or from either artist

Exactly ppl overlooking the point because of who it's coming from? That's dumb

Also Iggy responded to Q Tip and called him a hip hop square and said he was patronizing her :lol:

She said she's not going to play hip-hop squares. like...hollywood squares. ie. she's not going to answer all the trivia questions in her mentions just to prove she deserves to make pop rap music.

fair.

She said she's not going to play hip-hop squares. like...hollywood squares. ie. she's not going to answer all the trivia questions in her mentions just to prove she deserves to make pop rap music.

fair.

Interpret however you choose. I took it as she's not interested in hearing the history of hip hop. Only person that did that was Q Tip

Q Tip gave a history lesson on hip hop that didn't include Rick Rubin. He's white, he always helped pioneer hip hop GLOBALLY as Q Tip put it.

The Achilles heal of hip hop as a culture is dudes like Q Tip that try to dictate what is and what isn't hip hop without letting the culture grow organically as it did in the 80s.

If it ain't the Migos, Iggy, this artist or that artist its always a sucka tryna determine if it's hip hop or not. The same people that's going at Iggy are the same ones that said Outkast wasn't hip hop, the same ones that booed the Geto Boys, the same ones that said NWA and UGK wasn't hip hop.

Q Tip gave a history lesson on hip hop that didn't include Rick Rubin. He's white, he always helped pioneer hip hop GLOBALLY as Q Tip put it.
Alot of people like to think things are exclusive when that rarely ever is the case. Like Rick Rubin helped hiphop by giving artists a platform and from his production, just like whites helped enslaved africans escape through the underground railroad.

Last edited:
My problem is that Q-Tip wouldn't have done that with Bobby Shmurda or OT Genasis

It's corny to me.

Because really it's picking on the white girl for brownie points. A lot of these dudes don't know about rap and could care less.

Rowdy Rebel in an interview was talking down on the "conscious" rap his dad listened too. Would Q-Tip do the same to him?

Let Iggy have her lane. I'm not listening to either.

Yeah but white ppl made Elvis bigger than Richard ever could be and can make any artist huge, so basically keep hip hop away from white ppl is what you want?

Not even tryna say your point is stupid but how do we "preserve hip hop" as you say.

And hip hop aint sacred bruh sorry
Keep Hip Hop away from the devils.  They just leach and leach and leach without giving back.  You preserve it by not pushing an agenda.  I've heard people calling sports sacred, if that is the case, Hip Hop is sacred bruh.  

**But, if you want us to believe your opinions, that's cool.

My problem is that Q-Tip wouldn't have done that with Bobby Shmurda or OT Genasis

It's corny to me.

Because really it's picking on the white girl for brownie points. A lot of these dudes don't know about rap and could care less.

Rowdy Rebel in an interview was talking down on the "conscious" rap his dad listened too. Would Q-Tip do the same to him?

But isn't the problem that iggy's lane is considered hip hop to begin with
I mean there's no damn reason her album should even be nominated for best rap album anyway

I mean there's no damn reason her album should even be nominated for best rap album anyway
Everytime I read your posts I think you're trying to write in verses :lol: like I read them as if you're trying to rhyme idk why lol

It's corny to me.

I can't believe Im agreeing with you

thats something that i also see 

like I can understand if some people are not feeling Iggy because they feel as if her persona is fake

but half of hip hop is filled with fake *** artist and actors it has been for a while 

It's corny to me.

Exactly once again missing the point

Q Tip doesn't give a f if Iggy makes wack music or has a fake ATL accent but it bothers him that what she is making is considered Rap or Hip Hop

It's neither

Last edited:

That is the problem. Neither one of their albums should be in the category of hip-hop/rap. In the pov you brought to the discussion, that is exactly the problem. It's not that their music is good or bad, it is that their music is in the wrong lane. Iggy can have pop or whatever because that is really what it is to me and there is enough of that to go around, but neither one of them are hip-hop artists, they just aren't that, just because they make words rhyme doesn't mean they rap. At this point I don't really care what color she is, she isn't the wrong color, just the wrong category.

It's corny to me.

A lot of these fools keep showing their @#% to the public. They don't care about hip hop at all it's just has to do with race. Iggy been on the scene for a few years and now cause she has success it's ok to hate her. All of this is ridicolous and it's only helped Iggy cause now she has the broader public on her side after these attacks. Folks really upset with a white girl just cause she's gonna win some Grammys. It's a joke man.

That's not Iggy's fault though

Why should she have to carry the weight, when you have nonsense getting played on the radio.

Like I said before...if you have a problem with the system, fine...but dudes need stop taking it out on Iggy, because they know they won't be confronted for their actions. It's easy picking on her. You get points from the people who dislike her, and there's no threat of violence. People are just bullying her at his point, because they can.

Is Young Thug or Ear Drummers any more real hip hop than Iggy? None of them are based on lyrics.

Chubb Rock and Public Enemy complaining about the Grammy's 25 years ago. It didn't matter then, so it should matter even less now.

Rap was never validated what they thought of it, or by award shows.

Last edited:

That's not Iggy's fault though

Why should she have to carry the weight, when you have nonsense getting played on the radio.

Like I said before...if you have a problem with the system, fine...but dudes need stop taking it out on Iggy, because they know they won't be confronted for their actions. It's easy picking on her. You get points from the people who dislike her, and there's no threat of violence. People are just bullying her at his point, because they can.

Is Young Thug or Ear Drummers any more real hip hop than Iggy? None of them are based on lyrics.

Chubb Rock and Public Enemy complaining about the Grammy's 25 years ago. It didn't matter then, so it should matter even less now.

Rap was never validated what they thought of it, or by award shows.
No one would be trippin if she wouldn't have gotten nominated
I think of young thug or like Gucci mane would have gotten nominated
We would be discussing how they aren't deserving as well

Back
Top Bottom