Bachelor Pad.

Oklahoma City. I think Penthouse makes it sound nicer than it is, it's just the top floor. Has a double balcony with 2 sets of triple sliders out to it though. 24 hour doorman too, outdoor pool and clubhouse like on the 5th floor. It seems like they just need to renovate, she told me the one I'd be getting is carpet throughout and I really wanted laminate or at least vinyl planks in the living room. I pay $1175 for the 3br I am in now, paid $1050 for the previous 2 bedroom I was in and those apartments were like a year old, and before that I was in a 2bed 1 bath for like $925 with an elevator, valet trash, and stained concrete floors.

Dishwasher is the greatest investment :lol:

I pretty much run mine every night

Yea I dunno, we run ours damn near every night. Hand washing isn't hard, but its much easier to put dirty dishes directly into the dishwasher and then run when its full, compared to stacking them up in the sink and/or washing immediately after using. Sometimes cooking dinner, we will use 3+ pots/pans, plus plates, forks, knives, cutting boards, etc. - thats damn near a full dishwasher load right there, just for dinner.

We'e definitely been running our dishwasher WAY more than ever during this cornteen.

If anything, the dishwasher is a worthwhile investment simply for resale reasons down the line. It's looked at as a standard appliance, at least here. Something that every prospective buyer is going to expect houses to have.

I've never felt like they work, dishes always come out spotty to me. I just hand wash and towel dry them ****s and put them up right away. Not really a bachelor, but I'm bout to move next month gonna view a 3br 24th floor "penthouse," but it's probably more than I want to pay right now at ~$1500, then have to pay for garage parking and coin op laundry.

damn bruh, $1.5k and they not even giving you an in-unit W/D?:sick:

You are in OKC, aren't you getting Gov't contract money? Why haven't you bought a Property out there? There are properties for <$100K and your pissing money away on rentals?

Do you have child support payments or something?
Yes, yes, and kinda. I already have a house
just outside my hometown (currently being rented). I just about break even on it, I could probably raise my rent $200 but for simplicity sake I'll let the current people stay in it as long as they want and do that or explore selling it and buying here.

Property here is affordable, but where I want to live it's high and rising. Even in the "ghetto," it's near the city center, the city is pushing a lot of money into the revitilization/gentrification efforts so people already trying to charge a grip for those areas because they're transition. 100k would probably get me something that might need some more work than I am capable of or willing to put in. You can get new construction with high end finishes (stainless steel, laminate floors, granite/quartz) for $110 a sq ft if you go 1 city over in any direction though, Yukon/Mustang/Piedmont, Choctaw/Midwest City, Moore/Newcastle, but I'm trying to be in the midde of ****. I did a search at 130 which with no money down would be around $1040 a month and it's a lot of unfinished renovations like this https://www.trulia.com/p/ok/oklahoma-city/2011-nw-26th-st-oklahoma-city-ok-73106--2108268064 for 95k which is Asian District, good part of town, not far from downtown or this for 101k is already renovated, although not good, but its a 3/1 so I could live in it while I worked on it. The Paseo is a hip/urban/eclectic part of town. https://www.trulia.com/p/ok/oklahoma-city/1009-nw-31st-st-oklahoma-city-ok-73118--2108328477

Oklahoma City. I think Penthouse makes it sound nicer than it is, it's just the top floor. Has a double balcony with 2 sets of triple sliders out to it though. 24 hour doorman too, outdoor pool and clubhouse like on the 5th floor. It seems like they just need to renovate, she told me the one I'd be getting is carpet throughout and I really wanted laminate or at least vinyl planks in the living room. I pay $1175 for the 3br I am in now, paid $1050 for the previous 2 bedroom I was in and those apartments were like a year old, and before that I was in a 2bed 1 bath for like $925 with an elevator, valet trash, and stained concrete floors.

:smh: Location, location, location. $1,175 for a 3 bedroom up here in the Northeast next to a major city is unheard of. Nice studios going for $2.5+. :smh:

yea I have always been fascinated by different C.O.L's in different places. I used to get bored and just look for jobs in new cities, then jump on C.L and build a life, find an house or apartment I'd be able to afford within reaosnable commute, see what kind of stuff they sell on there, what concerts are in town. Came kind of close to making the San Diego move

We all watch HGTV House Hunters and like shows though where they be like "I am a stay at home mom and run a blog of gluten free recipes, and my husband is an elementary school crossing guard, our budget is 1.2 million dollars," and then the realtor is like "only 1.2? That's ok, but we're going to have to compromise some," especially Love It Or List It Too which takes place in Seattle. Or Tarik's new flip show where people do dumb **** like not put cabinets in the kitchen, or mismatch countertops and houses still sell for 900k and make them 80 in profit

Speaking of HGTV. I've really gotten into watching it ever since I moved out on my own. What's you guys fav show on there? Mines in Love It or List It :smokin . I've recently got into Bargin Mansions. Pretty good show as well.

Me and my fiancé are avid Love it or List it and House Hunters fans. Most of the time we shake our heads cause of the budget and what type of house they can get with it knowing they can get more house here in Houston.

Flipping Virgins and Property Virgins w/ Egypt Sherrod
House Hunters International
Love It Or List and Love It Or List It Too
Celebrity IOU
City vs Burbs and Rock The Block both 4 ep specials
Hidden Potential
Flea Market Flip
Flip or Flop Atlanta
Flipping 101 w Tarik
Windy City Rehab
While You Were Out w/ Ananda Lewis
The High/Low Project

lol I got the app

I think this maybe common in your mid-high rise typa buildings. w/o getting too long winded I've rented a couple of spots in the past few years in 2 seperate 8 story buildings & both buildings only had 1 W/D on floors 2-7, about 8 apartments per floor. looking at other rentals in similar buildings it's often the same deal. you just do dry cleaning or wash n fold I guess.

yea it's just a really old building and they werent set up for that from jump. and older buildings tend to be made of concrete so it'd be crazy expensive to add later. I ended up just going with a different complex down the street anyways.

I like Flip or Flop even though Tarik and Christina are both annoying as hell.

NT fambilia

new crib in downtown Dallas. Hadn’t hung everything up yet as I’m still thinking how I want to lay everything out.

1,500 sq foot loft. One bathroom.

I’m renting now but hope to buy..

Got big plans, but any recommendations are much appreciated

5240028B-4C3C-4D18-AB4A-DA51A7B94AC8.jpeg

CC3121F5-3009-4D98-929C-C1296CEBAF37.jpeg

3A7A1B2F-8D13-4FC7-A08E-30CC41255E42.jpeg

Yerro had no idea this thread was still active, but I also only check 2 threads if Im ever on here lol. Came here for inspo on our new crib. This was no bachelors pad, but it was our first house we bought and did a total reno on in MD (we replaced literally everything), which we just sold and moved to NC. Will post pics once the new place is set up, but I can say damn near everything is coming from Joybird & West Elm lol.
753D2290-46C8-4595-B4E2-13A78951EBF6.jpeg

1EE113EC-6534-4E6E-B705-A4F77FF9F660.jpeg

21DFC3F9-D767-47CF-AB41-B0A702E53D18.jpeg

97C1A050-D3CE-4E39-A1A0-688AE552DDFF.jpeg

B2122678-CF0F-4736-95A3-82D4278D628E.jpeg
A99D2947-A39A-4087-8D1F-AD31FCDEE79F.jpeg

F28BF877-B84D-4784-B4B9-C87159DF6286.jpeg

That's a sexy spot handullz handullz I love lofts, they just don't make them in 3 bedrooms. There was a 2bedroom 2bath that I even considered because it was big enough to jerry rig another bedroom out of open space but voted against it [edit 6/13/20 address redacted]

In your's, you should build a table with sexier lines or buy one from like Ikea with a more modern silhouette, maybe even a kitchen island and some stools. I'd get some open bookcase (Ikea kallax, ikea expedit) to maybe break some space up like maybe a sofa table and maybe something to the left of your bed and that area and far left of the steps. If I was single, I'd probably opt for a computer desk/movie/video game area over there too instead of another table, maybe even use a projector (you can get ike a 6000 lumen one for under 200 nowadays) so you can get a huge 12ft picture on those wells. Maybe throw a big *** mirror in there somewhere too. I bet bringing women home to that is instapanties. No shade though, I know whatever you come up with will be fly. Just upping the thread really. Is downtown Dallas like down there by Medusa, House of Blues? I used to go down there for concerts, then I'd go to BuzzBrews. Have some fun over there around Harry Hines and Walnut Hill Ln area too.

I am going to do one of these coffee table DIY's, just until I get more modern living room set then I can justify that Sobro Smart Coffee Table.

Last edited:
Went with the common advice everyone had in here and didn’t buy the $860k 1 bedroom single family home. Didn’t want to deal with cutting down trees and a full scale reconstruction as my first go into real estate. Stretched too thin money wise for that.

Will be revisiting this in a few months. We’ve decided to get a condo in a nice / safe community instead we’ve recently come across. $650-$900k range for 2 bedroom 2 bath. Will wait until December to check it out though.

I like Flip or Flop even though Tarik and Christina are both annoying as hell.

The worst part of all HGTV shows are the hosts. I'm only there for the before, after, and the process.

Yerro had no idea this thread was still active, but I also only check 2 threads if Im ever on here lol. Came here for inspo on our new crib. This was no bachelors pad, but it was our first house we bought and did a total reno on in MD (we replaced literally everything), which we just sold and moved to NC. Will post pics once the new place is set up, but I can say damn near everything is coming from Joybird & West Elm lol.
753D2290-46C8-4595-B4E2-13A78951EBF6.jpeg

1EE113EC-6534-4E6E-B705-A4F77FF9F660.jpeg

21DFC3F9-D767-47CF-AB41-B0A702E53D18.jpeg

97C1A050-D3CE-4E39-A1A0-688AE552DDFF.jpeg

B2122678-CF0F-4736-95A3-82D4278D628E.jpeg
A99D2947-A39A-4087-8D1F-AD31FCDEE79F.jpeg

F28BF877-B84D-4784-B4B9-C87159DF6286.jpeg

Looking like an HGTV home!

We'e definitely been running our dishwasher WAY more than ever during this cornteen.

If anything, the dishwasher is a worthwhile investment simply for resale reasons down the line. It's looked at as a standard appliance, at least here. Something that every prospective buyer is going to expect houses to have.
Yea that is what I am being told.

I have a viewing today even though I already have a deposit and move in date. They'll probably let me out of it if needbe and just keep my app fee and deposit, which is fine
edit: liked it better and just put the application in. gonna try to sweet talk the lady at the other place i applied for my money back

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom