Bachelor Pad.

$15k!? I know thats your wife and you want to bring in business but thats way overpriced for that space. $15k is a kitchen remodel.
Quite easy to spend that much on quality furniture, pieces, and accents. Quite difficult to do a decent sized kitchen remodel with quality materials and appliances for $15k.
Exactly.  I've spent thousands and thousands of dollars decorating my place.  Bills add up quickly.  I try to bargin shop as much as possible, but between my grey West Elm sectional and my white leather sofa, those two combined were over $5000.  Throw in pillows, rugs, planters, tables, chairs, artwork, window treatments, etc, etc, etc, and you're easily talking a decent new car money.

Someone asked early about my plants.  They're just artificial plants I picked up from some random website.  Nothing fancy.  I'm actually thinking I want to invest in a higher quality artificial tree.  When I first moved in I had real plants, but I don't get enough sunlight in my place to keep them alive for more than a few months.

I work for a chemical company here in Philadelphia.  I've had multiple jobs with them since I started, but I'm currently in the Information Systems department working on our company's new SAP rollout.  It's a 5 year project.

It's a very good job, but I also was very fortunate to have a structured settlement from getting bit by a dog when I was 2 years old that allowed me to make the down payment on my place.

$15k!? I know thats your wife and you want to bring in business but thats way overpriced for that space. $15k is a kitchen remodel.
Quite easy to spend that much on quality furniture, pieces, and accents. Quite difficult to do a decent sized kitchen remodel with quality materials and appliances for $15k.
Exactly.  I've spent thousands and thousands of dollars decorating my place.  Bills add up quickly.  I try to bargin shop as much as possible, but between my grey West Elm sectional and my white leather sofa, those two combined were over $5000.  Throw in pillows, rugs, planters, tables, chairs, artwork, window treatments, etc, etc, etc, and you're easily talking a decent new car money.

Someone asked early about my plants.  They're just artificial plants I picked up from some random website.  Nothing fancy.  I'm actually thinking I want to invest in a higher quality artificial tree.  When I first moved in I had real plants, but I don't get enough sunlight in my place to keep them alive for more than a few months.
Yep, that'll do it. 

I'm not about to get on NT and ask people to spend that much or even try to bring my wife business. I am in my mid-twenties and I know a lot of NT is around that age or younger. Most don't have that kind of cash to spend on furniture but my wife and i were lucky enough to afford it and we thought why not get something we love.
that rug murdered my pockets. |I but it's something we loved so we invested in it. Rugs are expensive, especially the size we got it in. It's all about what you value.
I will tell you that 3 items alone cost me about 7k. :smh:

I feel you. I have 8x10s and 9x12s through out my home. I took the cheap route and bought them off Craigslist but after having them cleaned it's still a pretty penny. I wasn't trying to come off as rude or "hating" on your wifes business I just couldn't fathom the 15k price tag but rugs can be 1200+. My apologies if I came off rude.

I've done it twice. Cabinets for a 10x10 layout are about 2k nowadays..all wood. I have a 200 sq ft kitchen and spend $4k on cabinets which included a custom under the counter washer/dryer/bookcase installation. Mid level appliances will run you 800 for stove, 200 for microhood, 1500 for fridge, 400 dishwasher. Thats 7k, granite is dirt cheap, paid $40 bucks for Mission Tile West 3x6 and 2x6 tile for backsplash. Plumbing and labor was about 8k. I have a duplex so I've remodeled both for 15k each. I went over budget recently cause I had to change windows in the whole house but a Kitchen Remodel can easily be done for 15-20k with top quality materials and finishes.
I'm not doubting you but do you have any pics? Before and after?

Sorry for the crappy camera pics.

Had the before on an sd card that died. Heres the after. Girl chose a god awful color and to prove a point I let her paint it. She hates it so now the swatch blocks are all over the kitchen..suppose to repaint next month. Total to date on this was 18k including appliances and new windows.

2ak9urk.jpg

34j5361.jpg

33tth8o.jpg

10zbkvk.jpg

Sorry for the crappy camera pics.

Had the before on an sd card that died. Heres the after. Girl chose a god awful color and to prove a point I let her paint it. She hates it so now the swatch blocks are all over the kitchen..suppose to repaint next month. Total to date on this was 18k including appliances and new windows.

2ak9urk.jpg

34j5361.jpg

33tth8o.jpg

10zbkvk.jpg
That's sexy, I would have gone with more modern door pulls on the upper cabinets though and I like the 2nd color from the top. Even though I am planning to sell soon, I am still debating whether or not to put pulls on my cabinets or not. I bought one but there's no real way to just test it and see how it looks

The joy you must have received from this is probably priceless. :lol:

My man..I involuntarily hit her with the Stevie J face. She came home and was like "eww, why did you pick that paint." I said no, no, no...THIS is the color YOU picked and went to the room.

That's sexy, I would have gone with more modern door pulls on the upper cabinets though and I like the 2nd color from the top. Even though I am planning to sell soon, I am still debating whether or not to put pulls on my cabinets or not. I bought one but there's no real way to just test it and see how it looks

I wanted the modern long pulls too but when we went to HD before Ikea...they had the knobs on sale for .19 each and couldn't pass it up. I think you should you should do the pulls, it can change the whole look of your kitchen and it's cheap.

Was thinking about getting a condo and upgrading the kitchen. How much was it just for the granite tops?

15K isn't terrible if it includes all the furniture and accents.
15K for just a consult is horrific though.

15k for everything. 15k for consultation would be morally wrong lol.

That kitchen looks nice westcoast. Well done. A friend of mine just purchased a condo and her kitchen was awfully remodeled. That cabinets weren't even flush with the wall. :smh:

My space was probably around $15k, especially with those eams chairs and that rug.I don't even have fancy sound systems or a crazy TV but I'm working on that. It may sound like a lot but it's an investment and the furniture will last you at least 10 years.

That wingback is great.

They're just artificial plants I picked up from some random website.  Nothing fancy.  I'm actually thinking I want to invest in a higher quality artificial tree. When I first moved in I had real plants, but I don't get enough sunlight in my place to keep them alive for more than a few months.

Messing around in Home Goods yesterday and they have a decent selection of artificial. Want to put them in corners, but would still like to do some living things on a consol table or something.

so much living area, i don't get it. if u get a bunch of guys that work, and can handle the insurance, payments, and utilities, then maybe it's worth it.. still, you better be makign bank.

My room. Girl caught my fat *** browsing NT. Second bedroom is her damned closet so I remain in the confines of my room and only move to go to work and take a deuce.

mlowwk.jpg

11hfq0i.jpg

Does anyone use over the door style shoe racks? Or something that can be used in a very small space (bedroom)?

Amazon product ASIN B000S6M4KA
I'm using that, but it only fits shoes like my Roshe's and Clydes. My Jordans and other Nikes are too big. Waste of $15 :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom