Bachelor Pad.

bedroomr.png

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I don't have exact stats, but the south and midwest are going to be your cheapest options (I know this just from watching a ton of House Hunters and Property Virgins 
laugh.gif
).  Cali and the North East are way more expensive.  And for the NE, I would say of the major cities, prices probably go in order of NYC ... Boston ... DC ... Philly/Baltimore.

Ah LA and NYC used to be my two dream locations but the cost of living there is ridiculous. I know companies will usually pay you more to account for that but still, like Scientific Method said, I don't want to live in a shoebox of a house
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

You have the right idea, the South is ridiculously cheaper than either coast and up north. Atlanta, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, OKC, Tulsa, Albequerque, St Louis, Kansas City, etc. Of course, it somewhat evens out in that you make less money generally but it goes further if you understand what I mean. Also, you don't have to live in studio "apartments" that are the size of what we call walk in closets down bottom. Like I said above, I bought a new construction house with a 3 car garage for under $100 sq/ft. It's Elgin though, which is a small rural town 10miles outside of a mid sized Army town (Lawton) with about a 180k population, same house would be about $115-120 a sq/ft in Lawton, in fact my same builder has a neighborhood here in town, and he charges 198k for it here.

There is a Cost of Living Calculator here http://cgi.money.cnn.com/...living/costofliving.html you can use as a reference. Also check out http://www.bestplaces.net/ for some ideas. Austin is a city I have been hearing so much about, particularly being a place for young professionals, that I really want to go check out myself one day. I hear decent things about North Carolina too.

I'm checking that calculator out right now. Right now I'm trying to go to college in Texas, either Austin or Houston, and that is where I'll probably find my job and start living when I graduate.

Texas feels like a great place to live though. Endless heat/sunshine, high speed limits, low property costs, Houston is something I'd really look into after graduation.

apply to ASU.. Tempe (and Scottsdale) are choice places
love it here.

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Anyone ever rock with a loft bed? I'm thinking about doing one for the added space but I don't want it to look kiddy

very dorm-$$%.. 
true. ive actually seen some pretty cool ones on apartment therapy but the thought of bringing a girl home to a loft bed makes me cringe

vhs20.jpg

i've seen this style of chair + footstool recently. anyone got info? or know of something similar?

I was going to go the Ikea rute just because I do need a table, couch, coffee table, dresser, tv stand, etc, and did not really want to drop 2 grand for a couch (even though I did see some nice ones).
karlstad-sofa__0112429_PE264249_S4.JPG

Took the boat ride from wall street to BK, picked up all the parts for the couch, and when i went to get the legs for it, they did not have any in stock. Guy said they won't get anymore nor do they have them on the website. I even asked why the hell they are even selling the products without all the parts, he told me to go the home depot and make my own couch legs........never again will I ever go there.

But in the meantime I did get a few things from the FAB.com under $100 section for around the house (snapped with camera phone with minimal light).

shower curtain

Slate (good for meat and cheese plate which I put together often)

dish rack

Originally Posted by AusZero

Originally Posted by Based Mod

i've seen this style of chair + footstool recently. anyone got info? or know of something similar?

eames lounge chair

$4k for a chair?

*insert obama aw hell naw pic*

even the replicas online are $800  
indifferent.gif

SkunkInDunks wrote:

I have this sofa. Bought it from overstock.com for around $1300. It was a @!#$@ to get in the front door of my apt. but I really do like it. It comfortable and can seats 3 people with 2 of them laying down. I think the Crate and Barrel - Era tables match it well. I want to throw a few more pillows on it eventually. Nice pillows are expensive.

ru42o1.jpg

Stuytown?

How much does that couch run Mez? I think the nearest Ikea to me is like Dallas, which is close to 4 hrs. But he's right, you can buy or make your own legs although from a cust. service standpoint he sounds kind of douchey. There's tons on eBay, just search sofa legs and also table legs they'll be listed as but then the height indicate they are for couches. Wait is the frame on those proprietary? Is it even necessary?

I can't wait to move in, the anticipation is killing me. We set Dec 5 as closing date, I still am signing like a frillion papers daily and sending it off to the lender for processing.

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

SkunkInDunks wrote:

I have this sofa. Bought it from overstock.com for around $1300. It was a @!#$@ to get in the front door of my apt. but I really do like it. It comfortable and can seats 3 people with 2 of them laying down. I think the Crate and Barrel - Era tables match it well. I want to throw a few more pillows on it eventually. Nice pillows are expensive.

ru42o1.jpg

Stuytown?

You got it.

Originally Posted by AusZero

eames lounge chair

$4k for a chair?

*insert obama aw hell naw pic*

even the replicas online are $800  
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
Gotta pay to play. Especially for design and materials, especially in a classic.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

shower curtain

Slate (good for meat and cheese plate which I put together often)

dish rack
The funny thting is that I dont think I own 3 real dishes yet. lol. Been going the paper and plastic route since I'm almost always home alone and i'm so lazy to clean

#ForeverAlone

BTW that  shower cutrain is Tuff. Saw this one at JcPenney of a treaa I wanted to get but it would take away from the overall color scheme of my crib

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

How much does that couch run Mez? I think the nearest Ikea to me is like Dallas, which is close to 4 hrs. But he's right, you can buy or make your own legs although from a cust. service standpoint he sounds kind of douchey. There's tons on eBay, just search sofa legs and also table legs they'll be listed as but then the height indicate they are for couches. Wait is the frame on those proprietary? Is it even necessary?

I was going to get the couch with chaise but the chaise adds $400 alone, so I was going to get that sofa with an ottoman. The sofa in that color is $599, felt comfortable when I sat on it in the store.
I really want those subway signs from FAB, but they don't have a shea stadium stop
frown.gif

Come on 4wrestling. you as big of a contributor in this post as the rest of us.
alien.gif

Now I got another question. what do you guys think of tin Signs like this one

Amazon product ASIN B00354PGAW
I dont want this one in particular but them joints are all over NYC. Tacky or Artsy? i want one for my bathroom door and one for my entrance to my kitchen.

I'm just kidding 
laugh.gif

Things like that sign you posted all depend on the style of your place.  Would they fit in mine?  No.  Would they fit perfect in other places?  Sure.  All depends on your decorating style.

I was thinking that I was gonna keep my place laid back eventhough it already looks like an overgrown dorm room. Im seriously considering riding the Subway in NYC late night with a boxcutter and "borrowing" some of the advertisements that I see on the Subway. the New Jameson one with him armwrestling is Bawse

New Artwork Friday!
Fab killed it with these pieces imo.  I got the two prints professionally framed at a local shop.

img2135t.jpg

img2136ky.jpg

img2138un.jpg

img2139w.jpg

img2140x.jpg

img2141y.jpg

img2143j.jpg

Back
Top Bottom