Bachelor Pad.

Originally Posted by Based Mod

recommendations for a lounge chair + ottoman? preferably no more for than $500. dont mind craigslisting/ebaying it.

i was interested in the eames and the saarinen womb chairs but them thangs and even their reproductions aint cheap.

Dude, I don't know if there's anything in particular special about those Eames chairs but I finally googled that eames chair and that is just a glider chair. I have seen those literally for $119 with the ottoman, obviously no name brand but similar with the wheels on the ottoman and woodgrain, some were microfiber, some leather, some vinyl.

http://www.overstock.com/...man/5671565/product.html

sheets: check out those microfiber joints. super comfy and cheap. be carefull, some brands are inferior, as with anything. overstock has some for 19.99 that are great. i bought some from anna's linen for 17 that felt like i was sleeping on straw, so be carefull. but these joints are really nice. i used to only buy 600 thread count and spend a fortune, but microfiber is the way to go.

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Mez One info on the couch, I really like it ?

From Macy's, part of the THIS N THAT collection.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...r?ID=385003&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

In order to have a "love seat" kind of set I purchased two corners and a chair, and each piece is on sale (and Macy's usually has free shipping if you spend over a grand).

Its not very plush at all (firm) so its not a good couch you'd expect to fall asleep on, but its serviceable for what I need it for. I'd still need a "man chair" on the left side that I will use all the time.I see those replica Eames chairs that some of you guys would probably scoff at
laugh.gif
, but I'd certainly like something similar in terms of color.

41nQtkICs8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The REAL authentic one has a lighter grain wood and is 4-5 grand, this replica is 799 on amazon
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Originally Posted by Based Mod

recommendations for a lounge chair + ottoman? preferably no more for than $500. dont mind craigslisting/ebaying it.

i was interested in the eames and the saarinen womb chairs but them thangs and even their reproductions aint cheap.

Dude, I don't know if there's anything in particular special about those Eames chairs but I finally googled that eames chair and that is just a glider chair. I have seen those literally for $119 with the ottoman, obviously no name brand but similar with the wheels on the ottoman and woodgrain, some were microfiber, some leather, some vinyl.

http://www.overstock.com/...man/5671565/product.html

son, i'm not a 75 year old grandma who knits for 12 hours a day watching soap opera
laugh.gif

i'm looking for something more modern looking.  appreciate the link though, i'll keep looking on overstock.

going to check out an apartment tomorrow after work. pictures look decent. wish your boy luck. i cant wait to finally land a place and start furnishing it.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Mez One info on the couch, I really like it ?

From Macy's, part of the THIS N THAT collection.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...r?ID=385003&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

In order to have a "love seat" kind of set I purchased two corners and a chair, and each piece is on sale (and Macy's usually has free shipping if you spend over a grand).

Its not very plush at all (firm) so its not a good couch you'd expect to fall asleep on, but its serviceable for what I need it for. I'd still need a "man chair" on the left side that I will use all the time.I see those replica Eames chairs that some of you guys would probably scoff at
laugh.gif
, but I'd certainly like something similar in terms of color.

41nQtkICs8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The REAL authentic one has a lighter grain wood and is 4-5 grand, this replica is 799 on amazon
laugh.gif

for some reason the same seller has them at different prices on different listings.  this one's $700:
Amazon product ASIN B003Y7VUWI
if you DO get it, give us a review.  

i can't believe i'm even considering spending $700 for a chair
indifferent.gif

I think I need a new bed as well. Probably platform stle. The Twin bed and futon aint cutting it sleep area wise. Plus it got my place looking like a dorm room when people walk in. Cant have that.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by manamazing55

On that white bed from overstock.....so do you not use a box spring?

Correct, no box spring.
It has 26 individual wooden slats that support the mattress very well.  Something like this....

a4r9mu.jpg

img0573k.jpg
I got this bed the end of last week.........well, they mustve changed how they ship it, because it comes with only 3 slats now lol

I really like the look of the bed.......im currently rocking with a boxspring, and im just putting a fitted white sheet over it so it doesnt look so abnormal. Although yours looks better, I think wears the mattress out quicker by not having the box spring. Its a dope bed though!

I tried to convince myself on those chairs, couldn't do it. Ekornes.com makes a similar chair you might like if you like those, equally overpriced.

I picked up some floor samples though, going to make that my next project. I just butted them all up against the island so I could see how they will contrast with the wood. All but one are solid or engineered hardwood. This is a pic of my soon to be computer desk I was talking about too. No more particle board and hex keys. I paid 18 bucks for a 4ft x 2ft x 1 inch slab of birch, got 4 36 inch 3x3 square legs off eBay for $50 (actually could have gotten a 12ft 4x4 post for about $15 but I'm new to the handyman biz and don't trust myself to cut it) but this walnut I got off eBay was pre-cut. I paid 8 bucks for the stain and another 8 for poly. And needless to say this is solid, it can double as a plyo box. When I poly the legs they will look darker and less ashy, and it's not nailed together yet obviously.

nq7pue.jpg

anyone have any suggestions for an affordable floor lamp that has a dimmer function?

i'm trynna really set it off in my loveseat/tv room lol

^clean! Do you have a separate dining table also?
Or is the area behind the kitchen an open living space?

No dining table, to the right is dining table and behind me where the picture was taken is a wall of glass that is 9" high that overlooks downtown.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

On that white bed from overstock.....so do you not use a box spring?

Correct, no box spring.
It has 26 individual wooden slats that support the mattress very well.  Something like this....

a4r9mu.jpg

img0573k.jpg
I got this bed the end of last week.........well, they mustve changed how they ship it, because it comes with only 3 slats now lol

I really like the look of the bed.......im currently rocking with a boxspring, and im just putting a fitted white sheet over it so it doesnt look so abnormal. Although yours looks better, I think wears the mattress out quicker by not having the box spring. Its a dope bed though!

the bed looks great. anyone have a link?

theHBkid, you should have left the panties that kitchen has dropped on the floor for the pic. Too sleek and clean
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by theHBkid

my kitchen in my condo..

more to come..

Soho%2Bkitchen.jpg
Can you post pics of the rest of your condo? Your kitchen alone is crazy. Also how much did you pay for the condo?

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

is there a SOHO is canada?

Yes! 
That is who my "builders" are. Soho Lisgar is what I purchased - I also bought Thompson Residence in Toronto that will be done next summer, not this.

Good eye brother! How'd you know - where else is there a Soho besides Toronto and Vancouver?

Here is a rendition from my builders website.... 

*Only thing is that mines a different colour package designed by the Gluckstein Design firm and the view is actually of the city and rooftops of other buildings.

features.jpg

Back
Top Bottom