Bachelor Pad.

The furnishing your apartment thread lead to some great bachelor pad tips and ideas. I think this could be a great thread with tons of tips, pictures andsuggestions for designing a killer apartment.

I'm considering this gray West Elm sectional.

img7l.jpg

Goes nice with my coffee table
NewEraCoffeeTable3Q

and this floor mirror
img92m.jpg

I just bought these frames

transworld_jameystone_lg.jpg

for this set of Supreme x Damien Hirst decks

damien-hirst-supreme-skate-decks-r-2.jpg

I'm also getting this huge 6 foot by 4 foot Flatiron building picture
65394_PE176597_S4.jpg

Great bachelor pad guide I found on SoSuave.com:
[h1]Your Bachelor Pad[/h1]
by Allen Thompson

Yes, the term "bachelor pad" may be a little dated, but the concept is still the same. You're a single guy. You live by yourself, or maybe youhave roommates. No matter. The place where you stay is your bachelor pad and eventually, if you're lucky, a woman or two or twelve will be coming by tocheck it out.

The most important things to keep in mind when designing your bachelor pad are:
  • YOU must be comfortable there.
  • A WOMAN should not be uncomfortable there.
  • It should reveal your PERSONALITY.
  • It should be a FUNCTIONAL place to live.
  • It should look like a MAN lives there.
Whether your pad passes the lady's "test" or not could be the difference between heart-pounding success and mind-numbing failure. Of course,certain things are obvious and go without saying - such as your place should be clean, neat, and smell-free (or preferably smell good). However, keep in mindthat it should look "lived in" and not like you just spent six hours cleaning it before she came over. You want her to be "impressed" butalso comfortable.

However, the main thing to remember is that when this beautiful lady enters your place, she's looking to make an assessment of your personality, to findout what kind of person you Really are, and trying to decide whether or not the two of you might be compatible (either short-term or long-term depending on hergoals).

The following list, while by no means complete, consists of some of the "essentials" of a dynamic bachelor pad. You may not want or needeverything listed here, but try to incorporate as many of the following as possible into your current place... especially before bringing the girl of yourdreams over. Some do require you to spend a few bucks. But you should find it to be a good investment... especially if you're following the other lovetactics discussed at The Don Juan Center.

Entertainment - Your bachelor pad should be entertaining. By "entertaining" I mean that this is a place where you two will bespending some time (hopefully) so you need, at minimum, a decent TV, stereo, and VCR. You should also have some games available - maybe a deck of cards, abackgammon board, and some other board games you like to play. Conversation is great, but nobody wants to talk all the time. You should have interesting thingsto DO.

Couch - Large, soft, and comfortable. Your couch is the focal point of your living room. It's the place where you and she will get toknow one another, where you two will drink wine and listen to music, where you two can kick back and watch TV, and most likely where you'll make your first"move." Be sure to keep it spotless... which can be tough if that's where you prefer to eat. And please, no love seats. If she has to choosebetween being cramped with you in a love seat or relaxing in a nice comfortable chair across the room, she just might choose the chair.

Coffee Table - Have an interesting book or two and some magazines lying across it - things that she can browse through while waiting. Booksshould have great titles or interesting pictures. The magazines you choose to display will help to reveal your personality and solidify the"impression" you're trying to make. So choose them wisely.

Live Plants - Note the key word: LIVE. Not plastic and not dying. Several scattered throughout your apartment. Most guys don't want todeal with the responsibility of plants... but they are essential for adding COLOR and ATMOSPHERE to your place while setting yourself apart from thoseirresponsible types. Boys don't own plants. Men do. And if you don't have a green thumb don't worry. Simply go to the nursery and ask the guyworking there for something that's "hard to kill."

Framed Photos - Maybe in a bookcase or on a table. She will gravitate toward these... looking for clues as to what you value, who you are,and where you've been. Pictures of family members, friends, trips you've taken, and pets are good. Old girlfriends and Ms. July are not.

Framed Art - On the wall in the living room, bedroom, and maybe even the dining room and bathroom depending on how big your place is. Cheapposters are not allowed. Ideally this art will have a SUBTLE sexual aspect to it... to create the right mood. This is your "bachelor" pad after all.Pick out something that you not only like but that also says "a suave, worldly gentleman lives here."

Music - Music should be easily available in most every part of the house or apartment. If you have an impressive CD collection, this shouldbe displayed prominently in a nice CD rack. She'll enjoy browsing through these. Having a VARIETY of music is a plus as it indicates you are both worldlyand complex. And make sure you have some smooth jazz for those romantic, candlelit dinners. You might also want to compile a special cassette of soft romanticdinner music.

Atmosphere Lighting - Your living room light (and ideally dining room and bedroom too) should dim to help create a soft and sexyatmosphere. And when you turn the light on, make sure not to turn it on "full blast." Nothing kills a romantic mood like bright light shining in youreyes.

Bathroom - If she's in your apartment for more than ten minutes, she WILL go to your bathroom... and check it out. (If she doesn'tgo to your bathroom, then you just might have yourself one of them there transvestites on your hands. Proceed with caution.) Needless to say, the bathtub,shower, toilet, and sink should be spotless. You might also add one of those cleaning balls to your toilet to make the water colorful. That's always a nicetouch. You may also want to add some type of scent to your bathroom by placing a couple of "stick up" type things in out of sight locations.

Big Fluffy Towels - She'll be repulsed by those small, thin towels with all the carefully crafted holes that you've been using forthe last 14 years. BIG and FLUFFY will get her purring as she starts imagining herself draped in them... after a hot relaxing shower... with you. And darkblues or dark greens tend to convey more of a "manly" impression.

Extra Toilet Paper - In plain view... so she doesn't have to go rummaging through your cabinets. But it shouldn't just be sittingthere. The extra roll should be set up as almost a decoration in the bathroom... maybe in a little basket with some other interesting things.

Around The Sink - Most guys keep every type of personal item that they've used since the last time they moved piled messily around thebathroom sink. Needless to say this is not good. Most of your stuff should be kept in the bathroom cabinets out of sight. You'll want to place only a fewselect things around your sink. And you choose these carefully in order to convey the proper impression. A couple different types of cologne (expensive notcheap), aftershave lotion, liquid hand soap, box of tissues, a nice toothbrush holder (with a new-looking toothbrush), expensive hair gel, and a couple otherthings of your choosing should do the trick.

Shower Curtain - A shower curtain can make or break a bathroom as most bathrooms are pretty small. Spending a few bucks here would be agreat investment.

Tissues - Boxes of these in the living room, bathroom, bedroom, and everywhere else. Women love tissues. And if she decides she wants one,and happens to find a box nearby, she'll be mighty impressed.

Extra New Toothbrush - In case things go well and she decides to spend the night. A nice extra touch that is sure to impress her the nextmorning. However, you might want to fall a little short of hinting that she use it.

Prestigious Shampoo and Conditioner - Even though you prefer rubbing your head with a bar of Dial, don't let her know that. Make herthink you actually care about yourself and treat yourself well. Have a nice bottle of shampoo and conditioner prominently displayed in the shower. (PaulMitchell is great.) As with all personal products, the idea is to create the impression that you actually care about and respect yourself. Cheap personalproducts, even if you prefer them and think they're better, will create the exact opposite impression.

A Man's Bed - Queen is probably the best size. Big enough for two, but not so big that it looks odd in a single guy's place. Andmake sure that you have the bed on a nice frame. An old mattress in the corner may have been fine when you were a college freshman, but you're a MAN now.And real men sleep in real beds, preferably with real women beside them.

Big Fluffy Pillows - Again, women like big and fluffy. If you can't sleep with big and fluffy, have a different one that you use whensleeping alone.

Cool Sheets and Comforter - When she walks by your bedroom door, she's going to look in and check out the bed. Whether or not she canVISUALIZE herself sleeping there is of the utmost importance... unless, of course, you're satisfied with just being friends. Your sheets and comfortershould be attractive, comfortable-looking, and INTERESTING. Plain, boring, and dull has no place in your bedroom. Do you really think she wants to sleep with aguy who's plain, boring, or dull? Again dark colors convey that "manly" impression that you want to make.

Condoms - Keep a variety of kinds in your nightstand or dresser near the bed. Always be prepared. You might actually one day somehowsomeway manage to get lucky. Yeeehaaa!

Wine - You should have at least one good bottle of wine available... to drink with dinner, after dinner, or just because. Good doesn'tnecessarily mean expensive. You can get a great bottle of wine for $10 or so (such as Napa Ridge Pinot Noir or Chardonnay). Wine glasses, though not required,would really frame you as a man of taste. Ask advice from the guy at the wine store if it's not your area of expertise. Or better yet, buy a book andbecome an expert.

Beer - If your potential squeeze likes beer. And not just any beer. You can drink that cheap crap when you're by yourself or watchingthe game with your buddies, but when she's over you need something different. It should taste great and ideally be something she's never had before...to set yourself apart from all the ordinary guys. (Rolling Rock is great and fairly inexpensive in the USA.)

Non-Alcoholic Beverages - A variety of beverages including orange juice, soda, milk, tea, and bottled water. Variety is the key soyou're sure you've got something she might like.

Ice Cream - And not the Food Lion brand either. Dove Bars, Haagen Daaz, or some other delicious, expensive treat will really"warm" her up.

And last but certainly not least...

A Vacuum Cleaner - Buy one and learn to use it. Most guys NEVER vacuum. If your lady has a sensitive nose she'll be able to sense thisas soon as she enters. This can be an especially bad problem when pets are involved.

So there you have it. The essentials of a swingin' bachelor pad. We could, of course, add a number of other things. But if you focus on those thingslisted above, not only will you pass her test, but she may not leave for days!
Allen Thompson
djnewslet@sosuave.com

Those hirst decks are a really nice touch to the place.

I have a set myself along with the new ones

Originally Posted by Moderate Gatsby

When I get out of college and get my own place, I'm lacing it up with IKEA furniture.
While IKEA is good for having a clean/simple overall look without spending a lot of money, I really wouldn't recommend furnishing an entireplace with it.

It's good for small things here and there, but I would strongly suggest investing the money into good furniture that would last you a lot longer. It'sgood for people on a budget, but what's the point on spending hundreds of dollars on a cheap couch, when you can spend a little more and get a quality sofathat would last you 10 years.

The list seems sort of odd. Maybe its me. It sort of says good coffee table books, good shower curtain, good shampoo, have TP, etc. I guess the secret is getthe best of everything that wont gross a girl out.

From the other thread:
trak1sh wrote:

I know this is mainly about furniture, but when entertaining females, a good movie collection sets it off.

Originally Posted by GQ smooth 4

movies? really? I'll usually just play records.

As far as getting it going with the ladies, it's easier and less obvious to cozy up together to watch a movie in my opinion. Cruel Intentions is a surething.

You want a great photo picture that will get a girl's panties drenched then check out www.peterlik.com

This man's pictures are amazing. I checked is art gallery out in Caesar's palace mall in Las Vegas and I'm saving up to get some when I get my ownpad.

With the right lighting when you dim the lights a certain part of the picture sticks out sorta like a hologram.

Man when I get my own place Im gonna get a premium %@$!%*

a bong

a jar of fine cannabis species

some chick flicks for the chicks

a pet rock

Originally Posted by ASchwartz44

The list seems sort of odd. Maybe its me. It sort of says good coffee table books, good shower curtain, good shampoo, have TP, etc. I guess the secret is get the best of everything that wont gross a girl out.
It's just little things that most guys would probably over look. Like having your bathroom looking tidy and clean, compared to empty rolls oftoilet paper, pieces of floss everywhere, mess, etc.

Keeping things clean and organized goes a long way, just try to approach things from a female's perspective of looking at your place and that should help.

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [h1]Some tips from Bo Concept
[/h1] [h1]Don't just mimic the latest trends - trust your personal style instead[/h1] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
nothing.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] http:// [h2]A common pitfall in home decorating is that people decorate with the latest trends rather than trust their own personal style. Unfortunately, they soon realize trends don't last. Use your instinct when styling your home and don't let the latest trends influence your choices.[/h2]
Add a touch of personality to your room

Create a photo gallery of your family and friends or even an art gallery of paintings mixed in with pieces created yourself. Spice it up with different kinds of wallpaper, wall decals, lighting and more.

Space is good

Don't place rugs in living areas that are too compact - it will make your furniture appear even smaller and make positioning furniture correctly a difficult task.

ME-M-M19-0954-5050-4600-484.jpg

Try to create the feeling of space around your furniture. If you have a larger living room it might be a good idea to place your sofa in the middle of the room. This will add a new and different look to the room and avoid the feeling that the sofa is pushed up in a corner or against a wall.

Tips

Try not to use more than two different veneers on furniture in the same room. This way the overall look of the room will be much more consistent.

Do not place your sofa in front of heat sources as the heat can ruin the structure of the fabric.

I-M-X198-0300-1078-7200-PRS.jpg

Add some character to your room with a rug. Exciting patterns, natural materials, striking colors and beautiful textures will soften the look of your floor.

Page118.jpg

Pile on the cushions - stick with the same color spectrum and instead get creative with the endless options in different materials and patterns. Cushions add a lot of character on their own, but piled on together they complement one another beautifully.

Create contrast by mixing old with new, for example cool contemporary pieces with rustic designs.

LE-M-WH-AP-AQ-BE-CITTA.jpg

Use different kinds of shelves and arrange books by color to create a more harmonious look. Or why not create the opposite dynamic look by mixing books with personal mementos, plants, sculptures and more.
[/td] [/tr][/table][h1]Living large in small spaces[/h1] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
nothing.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] http:// [h2]Put your furniture to work for you[/h2]
Multitasking and multifunctional are key elements of the modern home and even more so when you're furnishing a compact space. Put your furniture to work. Welcome multitasking pieces of furniture into your home. They'll optimize space, give you more options, and make life just a little bit simpler.

CoffeeTable.jpg

Coffee tables that can be used for storage, dining and working are the ultimate examples of multi-functionality. The tops can be raised into a higher position, transforming the table into the perfect spot for TV dinners and late-night work. Built-in storage hides remote controls, magazines and all other living room essentials.

Functional furniture for storage is a great idea if you have limited space.

Bed.jpg

The storage bed is perfect for concealing extra blankets, cushions or your favorite bedtime books and magazines.

WallSystem.jpg

Our new functional wall system with the drop-down desk function could just be the perfect solution. Use it in your living room for both decoration and storage - the ideal way to hide your laptop, binders and office equipment.

NO-M-N10-0271-35098-2X881.jpg

Another great functional solution is a storage box unit added to your sofa that acts as a side table for your cup of coffee, magazines, throws or 'help-yourself' candy.

Tips

Be very careful not to use 'heavy' furniture in smaller rooms.

When space is limited, also limit the use of multiple colors.

Go for an extendable dining table that doesn't take up too much living space during the week.

Think lightweight when choosing furniture - it has to be easy to move around.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

i like this thread. Any one got a link to the other one? Im tryna make a dope black/white apartment similar to buns crib from belly? 80

Back
Top Bottom