Bad Boy 00-01 >>>> YMCMB, MMG, etc. (most unappreciated run)

I've been listening to "Life Story" and "Child of the Ghetto" a lot the past few weeks. Not even sure how many cats on the music section have heard these albums. Only label out today that stands out is GOOD Music but we don't know how many of those albums are gonna release. I was living in New York during this time and it was crazy how big these albums were 
eek.gif

29ndjrd.jpg

5yu6fq.jpg

4ha16p.jpg

mx095k.jpg

a4s7yq.jpg

ej6cuq.jpg

250sghg.jpg

Even dropped this group and they went Platinum 
roll.gif

2mos583.jpg

Obvious that you will take heat because of the eras and music type, people don't have the same respect for R&B like they used to.

P. diddy and the fam was more like 97 if I'm not mistaken. used to ride my GT with that in my portable cd player
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by H01YshNIK3S

Obvious that you will take heat because of the eras and music type, people don't have the same respect for R&B like they used to.

P. diddy and the fam was more like 97 if I'm not mistaken. used to ride my GT with that in my portable cd player
pimp.gif
I think your thinking of "No way out"

Originally Posted by undefinedinc

pimp.gif
I think your thinking of "No way out"

Yes I am! appreciate it.

Definitely, and Life Story/Child of the Ghetto are HIGHLY slept on albums. The Saga Continues was really good too, but I
hated that Diddy jacked both G.Dep's single and put them on THAT compilation BEFORE G.Dep's album came out. But that's
Diddy for ya, always takin shine.

YMCMB is doing their numbers, even TYGA is off that independent label(Decay Dance) and getting shine on a major label now.  And it's to early in the game to start being critical of MMG, Gunplay will never drop a solo album and be the star that he is capable of being, and Meek and Pill won't do much numbers and thats a dissapointment cuz Meek was the man for a hot second will all them collabos.  Wale and Ross is all they got.  But yea back to the topic, Loon dropped soon after and Bad Boy was still on top in my mind, they was mos def doing their thing, appreciated
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
That's because the artists themselves don't have the same respect for the craft. 
But yea, I would say Bad Boys earlier run was better but that's not sayin much, they def were doin their thing.  Too bad none of em got to have a long run

Well it's obvious the BB run is one of the best runs in hip hop.

YMCMB and MMG suck for the most part, so the thread title goes without saying. Don't know why you'd even compare.BB run was better than the run the South had too a few years back.

RocaFella >>> Every Label Ever if Bad Boy >>> the rest !
Beanie Sigel >>> Whole Bad Boy roster of spittas excluding Biggie .  Yes , even >>> " The Lox "

-- ** I STAND BEHIND THIS STATEMENT !

Originally Posted by Bm0re23410

Beanie Sigel >>> Whole Bad Boy roster of spittas excluding Biggie .  Yes , even >>> " The Lox "

I would say Beanie Sigel = Styles P
But that did Lucky is right about Hypnotize Minds, but I would say 94-03

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Prophet Ent had classics, but they went to the HCP imprint for Chap 2 World Domination in 97 and literally every album they dropped went Gold or Platinum besides I wanna say the Killa Klan Kaze cd which is a classic too. It makes me sick what DJ Paul and Juicy J have become now, but I cant be mad dudes getting money

The point of the thread isn't the greatest run in Rap history.

It's not a debate about Bad Boy's best run

The point of the thread is Bad Boy had one of the best runs period from 00-01 and that run is CRAZY overlooked. Look at the gems that were released. Also that was the last real good run, maybe RR or Rocafella but they dropped some bad CDs too. BB had a perfect two year run

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Prophet Ent had classics, but they went to the HCP imprint for Chap 2 World Domination in 97 and literally every album they dropped went Gold or Platinum besides I wanna say the Killa Klan Kaze cd which is a classic too. It makes me sick what DJ Paul and Juicy J have become now, but I cant be mad dudes getting money

Oh I was just talkin about Three 6 in general, from Mystic Stylez all the way to Unbreakables, with very little good stuff afterwards. And the Kaze is definitely a classic, "All About My Hustle", "Move Mu___", and "Timez Up"
are my joints. The same about Paul & Juicy too, though DJ Paul has competely declined to the point to where he shouldn't even rap anymore.

Bad Boy 00-01 were some really good years though, The Saga Continues was LOADED with good songs.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Oh I was just talkin about Three 6 in general, from Mystic Stylez all the way to Unbreakables, with very little good stuff afterwards. And the Kaze is definitely a classic, "All About My Hustle", "Move Mu___", and "Timez Up"
are my joints. The same about Paul & Juicy too, though DJ Paul has competely declined to the point to where he shouldn't even rap anymore.

Bad Boy 00-01 were some really good years though, The Saga Continues was LOADED with good songs.

It's clear that Lord Infamous use to write for him. Listen to Paul from when Lord was with them and when he left.

Back
Top Bottom