Ball shoes for heavy players.

I was wondering what shoes would yall recommend for heavier ball players? I'm not looking to buy anything that's out now. Something that's been outi can buy on the cheap. Looking for the Stat 360's, can't find in my size. Weight is 270 plus. Any help will be appreciated.

Maybe Im off base with this since Im not a big man myself (pause?) but Lebron IV's actually I think would be a good choice...they a little on the heavyside but for somebody who could pull them off, the cushioning is crazy...

Good looking fellas. I have about six pairs of the ZK1 and a pair of the ZK2 ST. Was wondering if i don't buy anything would one of these be suitable.Also in the first stages of losing weight,so this won't be an issue anymore.

Originally Posted by no vert

Good looking fellas. I have about six pairs of the ZK1 and a pair of the ZK2 ST. Was wondering if i don't buy anything would one of these be suitable. Also in the first stages of losing weight,so this won't be an issue anymore.
I know exactly what you mean - getting a pair of beaters to trash while still heavy so the Kobes won't get ruined when you start ballingagain. Been there, my man.

I copped a pair of Wade 3s recently, they are beautiful ball shoes - sturdy, real leather, old school foam cush. They've held up well with my extra poundsand were only like 20 bucks. Those might work. Best of luck getting back in shape, buddy.

I was pretty heavy and I'm no lightweight now-- 230 or so-- and I have been wearing Powermaxes the last few months. I got them at a Nike outlet, and theywere pretty cheap. Probably cheaper now. When I started I was around 270 and went through a mess of Barkley's-- different years-- and never had anyproblems. Also, if you can find them, the AF25 is a tank and plenty cush for bigger players.

Good luck losing that weight.

Peace.

Jolynonwag. How heavy were you before you got down to 230? I've lost weight before. I went from 277 to 216 in about two and a half months. Did this whileplaying ball and working out. I noticed when i was dropping weight i traveled a lot on the court, which i rarley do. I think this has to do with the weightloss and my body getting used to the weight loss and my muscles being uncordinated,while dropping to 216. Were you able to jump a lot higher?

Air Max 360/180 BB
Zoom Sharkley
Lebron 4
Foamposites
Air Force 25
Air Force 180
Air Max Elite

any Air Max high would be suffient I guess.

I feel you my guy. I was 370 when I decided to turn %+!+ around. I wore those AF25 the last dude talked about and just a mess of cheap Nikes. I'm down toabout 180 now, but I still have to ball in wide shoes. Good luck man!

schmalzilla wrote:
I feel you my guy. I was 370 when I decided to turn %+!+ around. I wore those AF25 the last dude talked about and just a mess of cheap Nikes. I'm down to about 180 now, but I still have to ball in wide shoes. Good luck man!

APPLAUSE. Great job thanks for the extra motivation. I was going through my collection and i found a pair of AJ 21's with the removable pod system. Imight go this route with the max air pods. Any thoughts?

Originally Posted by no vert

Jolynonwag. How heavy were you before you got down to 230? I've lost weight before. I went from 277 to 216 in about two and a half months. Did this while playing ball and working out. I noticed when i was dropping weight i traveled a lot on the court, which i rarley do. I think this has to do with the weight loss and my body getting used to the weight loss and my muscles being uncordinated,while dropping to 216. Were you able to jump a lot higher?

Ooh. Like 275. Hurts to admit I got so big. I hadn't stepped on a scale in a long while, thought I was around 250 or so, then BAM. Scary. Anyway, I changedmy diet and went back to hooping three or four times a week. I'm at 234 today and want to lose ten more. Exercise and diet FTW. I am done putting on crazyweight. Jumping? I haven't been able to dunk since HS-- a long, long time ago-- but I can get rim again. I'm pretty old now, so my game consists moreof sneaky old-man moves, but I can still get up if I have to. Good luck to you! The older you get, the harder it is to drop, so don't get discouraged, andgo easy enough that you don't get injured. EDIT: I forgot to add, I rotate my shoes a lot-- because I'm so hard on them. If you can get at least twothat work well for you and swap 'em every once in a while, I think it's better.

Good thread.
Has of jan 1, of this year i was weighing 230 pounds. I could barely touch the net let alone the backboard, my game was basically in the paint. I went fromwearing point guard shoes to big man shoes, because I was carrying extra weight. I am now at 185 pounds and able to dunk again. But, on the shoe tip, myrotation consists of lebron 5, lebron 6, and the best shoe of all time the air max 360BB. I have some kobe 3's to try thanks to the nike retro post. Iam almost glad that I gained the weight, because it let me experiment with "big man" shoes with a different cushioning. Good luck man.

Originally Posted by schmalzilla

I feel you my guy. I was 370 when I decided to turn %+!+ around. I wore those AF25 the last dude talked about and just a mess of cheap Nikes. I'm down to about 180 now, but I still have to ball in wide shoes. Good luck man!

Zilla
eek.gif
Goood Night my man.. Good stuff... Here I am tryin to get downfrom 220 to my Girlish figure of 190 to 200 and its mostly all in my Buddha... I'm down around 2205 but the tummy aint quite where I need it. You havedone some work.

As for the Thread Starter.. I would agree with others.. like i gots.. go to TJ Maxx.. Marshalls.. Ross and get those Clearance joints to beat up.. as you mightfind some good stuff there....Like Zoom BBs in certain sizes lol...

Good looking out fellas. Aint trying to turn this into a buy and sell post 11.5 hint hint .Once again thanks for the stories and motivation. My bad mods.

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

Good thread.
Has of jan 1, of this year i was weighing 230 pounds. I could barely touch the net let alone the backboard, my game was basically in the paint. I went from wearing point guard shoes to big man shoes, because I was carrying extra weight. I am now at 185 pounds and able to dunk again. But, on the shoe tip, my rotation consists of lebron 5, lebron 6, and the best shoe of all time the air max 360BB. I have some kobe 3's to try thanks to the nike retro post. I am almost glad that I gained the weight, because it let me experiment with "big man" shoes with a different cushioning. Good luck man.
how did you do it man? because i weigh about 225, and every now and then i'll drop a few and then they just seem to come back. im stilltouching the rim but i really need to lose some weight. please hit me up with a routine, some advice or some tips about what you did to get down to 185 becasuethats exactly where i want to be.

oh and as for the op, i ball in my pippens. hopefully we all get to the weight we want to be.
grin.gif

go to an outlet mall and try the ones you like on. pick the one the feels best for you we cant really say =/

Hypermax.. or any other "forward" or "big man" shoe, like TS Bounce Commander.
Basically just watch what the forwards in the NBA are wearing and go with one of those. THose dudes are heavy as he**

Back
Top Bottom