BAMBOOZLED : Spike Lee vol. Your thoughts

I seen this movie about 3x last year..It was a good movie. Really opened my eyes and +%*!
I mainly wanna see what you guys thought about this movie and how it made you feel.
Im pretty sure there were some hidden messages in this movie

and exactly why was Savion Glover shot in the end? I cant seem to remember why

Originally Posted by never wear them

havent watched it. actually never heard of it.
You need to watch this

Bamboozled.jpg

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]For some reason i've always known about this movie and wanted to watch it but never did....it wasalways on showtime[/color]
grin.gif

Good movie.

Solid representation of whats going on behind the scene of the Black American entertainment industry today.

Of course ive seen it, it is one of Spike Lee's greatest movies
pimp.gif

The message behind the movie is what makes it so good (for people who have never seen it)

Ex. 90% of the shows on BET, Flavor of Love, and all those other foolish programs

I went 2 C it when I was 13... I was always (and still am) a Spike fan and I honestly thought he was makin a movie bout clowns... I saw it and it helped mepeep a lot of stuff that was so oblivious 2 me... it never gets mentioned much but that is right there with Do The Right Thing and Malcolm X... a trulypowerful and moving film

DEF APPRECIATED!

Originally Posted by Mac A Roni

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]For some reason i've always known about this movie and wanted to watch it but never did....it was always on showtime[/color]
grin.gif
me too, ima write this one down for next time i'm at blockbuster

to answer your question mos def's crew shot him because they thought he was misrepresenting black people..

I feel like this movie was prophetic in regards to the Chappelle show

Good movie.

Solid representation of whats going on behind the scene of the Black American entertainment industry today.
+1
to answer your question mos def's crew shot him because they thought he was misrepresenting black people..
I thought the movie was jumping the shark a little bit at that point. Didn't seem to be something that would realistically happen, but thismovie was a satire after all.

Anyway, If you want to see a film like this that seems more realistic, then you should see dancing in september.

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

When Mos,Canibus and the crew did him in,I felt that they weren't fully justified.If I recall correctly,they weren't that righteous themselves.Iremember having a discussion about this back in high school and I brought up the same point. They were participating in some of the same things that werepoisoning their own people and yet they felt they had the right to body someone who was doing the same thing on a much larger scale. I guess it was arepresentation of how some people in real life are down for the cause,but are still a part of the problem at the same time. On a lighter note,that chick at theend of the "Timmy Hiln*gger" commercial was
pimp.gif

who's wrong, who's right doesn't matter... we can all agree the dark chick in the timmy hilln-- ad was baaaad
pimp.gif

Great movie. It accurately portrayed what was going on in TV programming during that period in the 90's

Man-Tan and Sleep-N-Eat.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom