Batman: Arkham Origins thread, Cold cold heart DLC April 2014

Batman: Arkham Origins Deathstroke DLC may not be available on Wii U
Robin fans of their pre-order bonus.

There's confusion over whether Batman: Arkham Origins' pre-order bonus Deathstroke DLC will be available on Wii U.

A new advert promoting the pre-order DLC notes that the add-on will "not be available on all platforms", Nintendo Life spotted (via NeoGAF).

A logo boasting of the Deathstroke DLC's inclusion is missing from the Wii U box, but included for the game's PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions.

The pack's initial press release also only spoke of the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

It all seems fairly concrete then, except for the fact that some retailers, including Amazon, specifically mention the Deathstroke DLC on the game's Wii U page.

It's hard to imagine the DLC missing for any other of the game's platforms, however. We've asked publisher Warner Bros. for confirmation.

The Deathstroke DLC includes two extra challenge maps and two Deathstroke player skins. It's free for anyone who pre-orders the game.

If true, Batman: Arkham Origins would be the latest in a string of big multiplatform releases to hit Wii U without all of its DLC content. Mass Effect 3 on Wii U skipped the game's Omega and Citadel expansions, while Need for Speed: Most Wanted's only DLC offering was the game's first pack. Both titles included the content as part of the base game. The Wii U version of Sniper Elite V2 is missing its add-on content.

Gameplay Reveal Trailer from E3

Can't embed for some reason :smh:

Last edited:
Gameplay seems very similar to the first two but less smoother, maybe it's the too much slo-mo or vid quality but something does seem off. Still looks good though.

It does look good. Better than I expected actually. Kinda got my hopes up for the game.

Gameplay looks pretty spot on from the first two. It just needs a good story and extra side quests and it'll be GotY candidate once again.

Last edited:
Cue "Can't wait!" gif

Collector's edition copped, to go with the other two on my bookshelf.
Need to platinum Arkham City before this comes out though. Stopped playing at 78%.
Damn predator challenges were getting me pissed.

so if Rocksteady is working on the true sequel is this truly just a money grab by WB? basically recycle the gameplay but add new story and characters?

Last edited:
This is a prequel and have they confirmed what exactly Rocksteady is working on? The biggest rumor was a Batman game but with JLA character like Superman, WW, Flash, etc... If so, I think WB is just doing what the CoD franchise is doing, two different companies (or in CoDs case, different groups within the same company) making two separate games so it doesn't take forever for the next game to come out.

It's too easy to say it is a money grab but I think if the story is good and gameplay is similar (with some new features) then I am good with it. If it totally sucks, then we can say it is a money grab for WB/DC.

Kevin Conroy revealed that he was voicing for a new game that supposedly rocksteady is working on. As to what type of game, that hasn't been revealed yet. Kevin had to take down that tweet tho.

Last edited:
And from looking at the footage from e3, I feel that wb played it safe. Doesnt look like they made drastic changes from arkham city. I guess that's a good thing for the game.

From the demo, it looked like they were in the old Arkham City, the dirty and gritty part of the game. The other part of the city, the new map, is supposed to be cleaner and of different design iirc. Maybe there are more civilians there and more like GTA?

BATMAN: ARKHAM ORIGINS Collector's Edition Leaked?

Foreign PS3 fan-site, PS3Gen, has somehow discovered this leaked image of the "Collector's Edition" for Batman: Arkham Origins. (via ArkhamVerse) As you can see, this possible collection features a 23cm high Batman/Joker statue, a holographic collector's box, an "Art-Of" book, a "Unique 3D Metal Pack" and 2 Exclusive DLC codes featuring some sort of content for BOTH Batman and Deathstroke.

This image seems completely legit and features a nice variety of content for the owners of the set. It's reportedly going to be 99 pounds, which roughly translate for 150$ USD. Expect an official announcement at SDCC or sometime later.

21al76b.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, the voice doesn't bother me one bit and gameplay looks very similar to the first two. My most anticipated game this year still.

Back
Top Bottom