Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nas

• Other

• Don't Know

• Total voters
After seeing Nas live multiple times, it absolutely baffles me how anyone could consider Nas an all-time great, let alone better than Jay-Z.

After seeing Nas live multiple times, it absolutely baffles me how anyone could consider Nas an all-time great, let alone better than Jay-Z.
I will agree with you on that front that Jay-Z is no doubt the better performer. Nas live is a terrible thing. Almost the worse concert I've ever seen and will not see him again live. But on record Nas is still better for me, but that's just personal opinion. It will always be an argument as to who is better.

If we are speaking on current times, Jay has more of a backing today. Specially since he's been involved a lot with Kanye. Seems that Jay is more concerned on what will SELL, while Nas is more concerned with keeping it real, not that Jay isn't keeping it real, it's just different in form of presentation. I'm curious to see what Jay's next solo project is though.....

The Dynasty was a very good album, you're looking for non commercial songs how did you not find them there? Where Have You Been, Soon You'll Understand, This Cant Be life? Some of the most heartfelt JAY-Z lyrics were on those tracks that can and will make you sad when you hear them.

Kingdom Come, I was just talking about this album today, it wasn't a bad album, it was just a sub par JAY-Z album. That "bad JAY-Z Album" would be the majority of artists greatest album.

I'm not going to go into the rest of that nonsense you typed but these two...

You truely believe The Dynasty was a "Very Good Album"? and that Kingdom Come "Wasn't A Bad Album"?

Come on fam... That's like a Nas fan saying Nastradamus wasn't poor. At least you could be objective about your favorite artist fam.
Those were both good albums though... Like I said earlier Kingdom Come would be most artists' best album. It may not be up there with the best JAY albums but it was a good album. Dynasty was a very good album as I explained earlier.
If you tallied classic features Nas would lose again. 
Post the list of Jay-Z best guest features

....... I mean who didnt he get? The Lox in their primes, Mary J Blidge, Outkast, Killer Mike, Nas (who he out rapped on every song they did together) big, I mean I can go on forever. I mean does Nas have any earth shattering features? Doing a song with his dad? Ok.
All I know is that the last THREE  albums Nas has been part of are superior. You can't say that about jay
Untitled
Distant Relatives
Life Is Good
This cant be serious...... I'm going to try and put these against each other evenly but first let me say that any one of JAYs last 3 projects> all three of those.

Distant Relatives? Really? Since its a collab album its only fair to compare it to the greatest collab album of all time: Watch The Throne. No way in hell that it was better than WTT

Life Is Good better than American Gangster? The arguably best JAY-Z album of the back half of his career? All around I've seen people saying things like "This is Nas' 6th best album" and "I was expecting more" and now all of a sudden its better than AG? No thanks.

BP3> Untitled. No more need be said.
I'm not going to go into the rest of that nonsense you typed but these two...
You truely believe The Dynasty was a "Very Good Album"? and that Kingdom Come "Wasn't A Bad Album"?
Come on fam... That's like a Nas fan saying Nastradamus wasn't poor. At least you could be objective about your favorite artist fam.
But The Dynasty was a really good album, though.

And Kingdom Come wasn't a bad album. I think people just played it to the left because of "Show Me What You Got" & never gave it a chance after hearing that first single. Go listen to The Prelude, Oh My God, Kingdom Come (the song), Lost Ones, Do you Wanna Ride, 30 Something, Trouble, Dig a Hole, and Beach Chair. That album had bangers and is better than most rappers best album.
THANK YOU. Applaud this man.
If we are speaking on current times, Jay has more of a backing today. Specially since he's been involved a lot with Kanye. Seems that Jay is more concerned on what will SELL, while Nas is more concerned with keeping it real, not that Jay isn't keeping it real, it's just different in form of presentation. I'm curious to see what Jay's next solo project is though.....
Oh hes keeping it real now? When did he start doing this? Was it when he was rapping about hieroglyphics trying to prove he's smart when he prob cant even read one? Was it when he was talking about the plight of the black man, then talking about girls owe him money for jewels that he bought them? JAY-Z isnt concerned about what will sell, hes concerned on making quality music. Theres no rule that says that luxury rap will automatically sell, cause a ton of rappers try it and fail, JAY-Z is making GREAT luxury rap, and that is the difference. He could rap about whatever he wanted to and make something great, but he chooses to rap about the life that he's living/lived and keeping it true and relevant, not pretending to know things and pretending to care about things. I guess every rapper should pull out their old african history textbook and pull words from it all the time and then they could be smart like Nas

Oh word we can set up polls now? Hope yall don't abuse it before mods get everything on order and they restrict it again.
Nas been won though

Biggie though >
That guy tearing up at a lost for words, stuttering and stammering could never be king of NY let alone a king.

Jay-Z easily for me. The only Nas album I ever liked was It Was Written, not saying any of his others were trash. Nas is definitely one of the best lyrically, just wish he would've put some of those lyrics on better beats.

Reasonable Doubt>Ready To Die>Illmatic

Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim throught it...?

Jay by a mile.

not even a question for me. HOV is the king. Copped 6 tix for last night at barclays. He kills it live. WATCH OUT WE RUN NEW YORKKKKKKKKK

Nas will always be my choice over Hov but both are Top 5 of all time in hip hop. I'm not a fan of these debates but hey w.e

Jay-Z easily for me. The only Nas album I ever liked was It Was Written, not saying any of his others were trash. Nas is definitely one of the best lyrically, just wish he would've put some of those lyrics on better beats.
Reasonable Doubt>Ready To Die>Illmatic

:x :smh: What the ****? I dont even know you and I hate you.

Last edited:
Nasir Bin Olu Dara Jones

Nobody can sit there and say hov was better lyrically than nas.

Maybe Rakim was the only dude that was better.

Love them both but Illmatic > Reasonable Doubt

reasonable doubt excretes on Nas's whole catalogue combined!
This that RD delusion. I always agreed it was a classic but ppl on that revisionist history if they saying RD is better than Nas' catalog. You'd get smacked if you said that in public.

This that RD delusion. I always agreed it was a classic but ppl on that revisionist history if they saying RD is better than Nas' catalog. You'd get smacked if you said that in public.

I think Jay is better than Nas and even I know thats a d-rider comment. It's comments like that that ruin normal discussion

Last edited:
roll.gif
Go listen to Liquid Swords.
Forum 16 has been trashed with all new members that have come since the move from Yuku.
No disrespect to the Genius. But Jay-z was out of his mind on RD, i've been listening to that album for nearly ten years and everytime I hear it I figure out a new meaning in one of his triple entendres.
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom