Bears fans would you rather have Orton/ Benson or Cutler/ Forte?

A few months ago Bears fans thought they had the QB and RB of the fears future.

Bears fans, who would you rather have on your roster?

LOL. These dudes ain't never going to admit that. No matter how horrible they look...

It's funny how everyone likes to hop on Orton and Benson's nuts after they leave Chicago. Orton has one of the best O-Lines in the league to block forhim and pretty good receivers to throw to. Cutler doesn't have that luxury that Kyle has. Except for the turnover part, can't really defend him onthat. Most of those weren't his fault though. Benson also has a better O-Line and the benefit of an explosive passing game. I'd guarantee you if Ortonand Benson were in Chicago right now they'd look like the same garbage they were while they were here the first place.

Originally Posted by illmatic34

It's funny how everyone likes to hop on Orton and Benson's nuts after they leave Chicago. Orton has one of the best O-Lines in the league to block for him and pretty good receivers to throw to. Cutler doesn't have that luxury that Kyle has. Except for the turnover part, can't really defend him on that. Most of those weren't his fault though. Benson also has a better O-Line and the benefit of an explosive passing game. I'd guarantee you if Orton and Benson were in Chicago right now they'd look like the same garbage they were while they were here the first place.

Meaning its time to get a line together

Id take Cutler and Benson though...

It's funny how everyone likes to hop on Orton and Benson's nuts after they leave Chicago. Orton has one of the best O-Lines in the league to block for him and pretty good receivers to throw to. Cutler doesn't have that luxury that Kyle has. Except for the turnover part, can't really defend him on that. Most of those weren't his fault though. Benson also has a better O-Line and the benefit of an explosive passing game. I'd guarantee you if Orton and Benson were in Chicago right now they'd look like the same garbage they were while they were here the first place.

exactly. Bears o line is awful. And that receiving core isn't helping cutler at all. I want lovie and his entire staff gone except marinelli. Cover 2isn't cutting it anymore need to pick up somehelp for oline need a Legit #1 wr

Why do people care so much about players after they leave? As a Bear fan I dont want either one back. Benson showed that he wasnt gonna be success in Chicagoso why would us Bears fans want him back? You cant assume that if you have a certain player back they are gonna play well. I dont care to hear about either onefor the rest of the season I just dont care they arent gonna help the Bears win.

Cutler was only sacked like 12 times last year but still had 18 picks....seems like it doesn't matter WHAT o-line he's playing behind....he is what heis. Orton is proving that he is the better QB of the two. You can find any excuse under the sun to defend Cutler, but the #'s don't lie. Orton is beingefficient, and Cutler is morphing into Jeff George.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Cutler was only sacked like 12 times last year but still had 18 picks....seems like it doesn't matter WHAT o-line he's playing behind....he is what he is. Orton is proving that he is the better QB of the two. You can find any excuse under the sun to defend Cutler, but the #'s don't lie. Orton is being efficient, and Cutler is morphing into Jeff George.
Let's say the trade never happened. Do you still think Orton is the better QB?

It's really ridiculous to judge the outcome of this trade this early. Orton and Cutler still have their whole careers ahead of them. What's moreimpressive is that Cutler is being as productive as Orton with significantly worse receivers. Cutler is on pace to throw 29 TD's and 3,872 yards. Not tooshabby when your leaving receiver is Devin Hester, who, has never played WR in his life. But as I was saying, this is way too early to judge.

Cutler was only sacked like 12 times last year but still had 18 picks....seems like it doesn't matter WHAT o-line he's playing behind....he is what he is. Orton is proving that he is the better QB of the two. You can find any excuse under the sun to defend Cutler, but the #'s don't lie. Orton is being efficient, and Cutler is morphing into Jeff George.

It's really ridiculous to judge the outcome of this trade this early. Orton and Cutler still have their whole careers ahead of them. What's more impressive is that Cutler is being as productive as Orton with significantly worse receivers. Cutler is on pace to throw 29 TD's and 3,872 yards. Not too shabby when your leaving receiver is Devin Hester, who, has never played WR in his life. But as I was saying, this is way too early to judge.
Cutler is also on pace to throw for 22 INT's, which is a stat you seemed to leave out/overlook. Kyle Orton is PROVING (from this smallsample) that he is the better QB of the two. I'm basing this off of what is going on right now in their respective cities. You can't go back and sayif the trade never happened blah blah blah, because the trade DID happen. Cutler is by far the most talented QB in the nfl by his skill set....however, is hea guy I want under center for my squad...NO. Let's see if he's even going to be your team's starting QB by the time his 2 year extension is up....

roll.gif

18 picks on 614 attempts aint bad.

I like Kyle Orton, and know he wasnt the problem, but terrible O line + young recievers with a lot of talent = Bad Decisions plus hurried throws

I would like you all to think about how Orton would do here. Forte had 379 touches last year, he aint a big guy either. With no running game that score mighthave been worse with Orton there

It's really ridiculous to judge the outcome of this trade this early. Orton and Cutler still have their whole careers ahead of them. What's more impressive is that Cutler is being as productive as Orton with significantly worse receivers. Cutler is on pace to throw 29 TD's and 3,872 yards. Not too shabby when your leaving receiver is Devin Hester, who, has never played WR in his life. But as I was saying, this is way too early to judge.
Cutler is also on pace to throw for 22 INT's, which is a stat you seemed to leave out/overlook. Kyle Orton is PROVING (from this small sample) that he is the better QB of the two. I'm basing this off of what is going on right now in their respective cities. You can't go back and say if the trade never happened blah blah blah, because the trade DID happen. Cutler is by far the most talented QB in the nfl by his skill set....however, is he a guy I want under center for my squad...NO. Let's see if he's even going to be your team's starting QB by the time his 2 year extension is up....
I'll say this: Cutler needs to improve his decision making. But he has proven that he is a top 10-15 QB before. Football is a team sport.He's lacking an offensive line, a running game, and a defense. When your team HAS to throw as much as possible to win, you're going to throw a fewpicks because pressure is coming through the gaps instantly. Cutler can't do everything by himself...yet he tries too, which is his downfall. Take awayOrton's receivers and his offensive line and he's going to look average. He just has better decision making that Cutler. Otherwise, Cutler is the farsuperior QB and it's not even close. There's a reason as to why Orton didn't put up those numbers when he was in Chicago, and that's the exactreason why Cutler is throwing a bunch of picks.

QFT
pimp.gif

Very accurate comparions.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

A few months ago Bears fans thought they had the QB and RB of the fears future.

Bears fans, who would you rather have on your roster?
I'd rather have a good offensive line......

Originally Posted by nnarum

The Bears ruin careers. It's like a black hole.
When we gain a competent coaching staff and front office we might be able to contend every year like the Steelers or Patriots. Until then, ourorganization likes tends to +*$% with our players. This is why we've pretty much never had a good QB; our coaching staff can't develop one.

It's not close talent wise. I still take Cutler/Forte long-term. Orton is perfect for what McDaniels wants to do but he's a game manager at best. Iwant Jay Cutler as my QB when the game's on the line, yes he need to scale back a bit and know when to take chances but regardless of that he has a big armand is a competitor. Cutler's kinda stuck in the same stage as Romo right now - flashes of brilliance with lots of frustration too. Both guys can lead epicfourth quarter comebacks one week and blow a game with a bad decision/INT the next.

Ced is a good story but realistically how long is he gonna perform at this level for? Forte is having a rough year but he has a bright future along with Olsen,Knox, Hester, and Bennett.

CHI needs:
1) O-line help
2) Premier DE/LB pass rusher (good draft class for that) + upgrades in the secondary
3) Big play WR like Brandon Marshall who obviously isn't available anymore

Back
Top Bottom