Beer Pong?

the feeling after winning the match all on your own with 8 shots made in a row.....i cannot explain it in words.

Reading through this and nobody has rules for skunking? 

I forgot to post it up but for my house rules, when you get skunked, you have to wear these special dresses we have the rest of the night 
roll.gif

Reading through this and nobody has rules for skunking? 

I forgot to post it up but for my house rules, when you get skunked, you have to wear these special dresses we have the rest of the night 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by MrSwagtastic

Been playing so much ever since college. Play all the time with cousins and fam too! BTW..for you NTer's..what rules do you guys play by? For example, me and my cousins had a dispute over what happens if both players make it in the same cup. Is there any special rule to that???

"explosion"  
if both players make it in the same cup, the opponents must drink all cups touching that cup

Originally Posted by MrSwagtastic

Been playing so much ever since college. Play all the time with cousins and fam too! BTW..for you NTer's..what rules do you guys play by? For example, me and my cousins had a dispute over what happens if both players make it in the same cup. Is there any special rule to that???

"explosion"  
if both players make it in the same cup, the opponents must drink all cups touching that cup

Originally Posted by ekon one

Here's my Fraternity's house rules, its a combination of both the World BP Tournament rules and our own modifications to make it more competitive.
IMO these are the best rules I've come across, haven't come across a better set of rules. It's a more standardized rule set for more competitive people, takes out all those crappy "NBA Jam" type rules like death cup etc.

-No "On Fire" or "Heating Up"

-No "Islands"

-No Fingering or Blowing

-No "Shoot again if the ball rolls back to you"

-No Death Cup

Regulation

-Cups are PULLED once made (helps makes for no "explosions" etc, all that lame "NBA Jam" %%*)

-Bounces count as 2 cups, Blocking is allowed

-If both partners make a cup on the same turn, they get both balls back to shoot

-Automatic re-racks at 6, 3, 2 (straight line) and 1. Re-racks are automatic and can occur during a teams turn. (ex. One partner shoots first on a 7 cup and makes it, his partner gets to shoot next on a touching 6-rack)

-When the last cup is made on either side game goes into "Rebuttal"

Rebuttals

-The team must "clear" all cups off the table to go into overtime

-Each partner gets to shoot until they miss

-If cups are cleared, you go into overtime

Overtime

-Both sides start with 3 cup rack

-Team who made the "first" last cup gets to shoot first

-When the last cup on either side is made, the game goes into 2nd rebuttal again which can go back into a 2nd overtime and so on.

I definitely urge anyone to try these rules, GUARANTEED you will become a better player because it forces you to be a better individual player without all those other BS crap rules. Very simple and straight-forward.

Hmmm, I actually REALLY like those rules 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ekon one

Here's my Fraternity's house rules, its a combination of both the World BP Tournament rules and our own modifications to make it more competitive.
IMO these are the best rules I've come across, haven't come across a better set of rules. It's a more standardized rule set for more competitive people, takes out all those crappy "NBA Jam" type rules like death cup etc.

-No "On Fire" or "Heating Up"

-No "Islands"

-No Fingering or Blowing

-No "Shoot again if the ball rolls back to you"

-No Death Cup

Regulation

-Cups are PULLED once made (helps makes for no "explosions" etc, all that lame "NBA Jam" %%*)

-Bounces count as 2 cups, Blocking is allowed

-If both partners make a cup on the same turn, they get both balls back to shoot

-Automatic re-racks at 6, 3, 2 (straight line) and 1. Re-racks are automatic and can occur during a teams turn. (ex. One partner shoots first on a 7 cup and makes it, his partner gets to shoot next on a touching 6-rack)

-When the last cup is made on either side game goes into "Rebuttal"

Rebuttals

-The team must "clear" all cups off the table to go into overtime

-Each partner gets to shoot until they miss

-If cups are cleared, you go into overtime

Overtime

-Both sides start with 3 cup rack

-Team who made the "first" last cup gets to shoot first

-When the last cup on either side is made, the game goes into 2nd rebuttal again which can go back into a 2nd overtime and so on.

I definitely urge anyone to try these rules, GUARANTEED you will become a better player because it forces you to be a better individual player without all those other BS crap rules. Very simple and straight-forward.

Hmmm, I actually REALLY like those rules 
pimp.gif

I can't play anymore unless the cups are filled with water and I'm taking a drink out of my own beer. College I just didn't care, but now I gag everytime the ball lands in the cup and see floaties.  
sick.gif

I can't play anymore unless the cups are filled with water and I'm taking a drink out of my own beer. College I just didn't care, but now I gag everytime the ball lands in the cup and see floaties.  
sick.gif

Originally Posted by retro330

Do you guys play with a side beer and water in the cups or pour the beer in them
Depends where Im at. If I crash some random #$% party there's no way in hell Im sharing drinking outta those cups. Who knows what diseases are in there. And if they won't allow water in the cups then I aint playin
grin.gif

Originally Posted by retro330

Do you guys play with a side beer and water in the cups or pour the beer in them
Depends where Im at. If I crash some random #$% party there's no way in hell Im sharing drinking outta those cups. Who knows what diseases are in there. And if they won't allow water in the cups then I aint playin
grin.gif

Used to always play with beer in the cups but ever since Swine Flu came around it seems like people prefer water cups. I prefer beer in the cups but it doesn't bother me either way.

We don't have anything quite like your "skunking" but if someone loses without hitting a cup we "troll" them and they have to sit under the table for the duration of the next game.

Used to always play with beer in the cups but ever since Swine Flu came around it seems like people prefer water cups. I prefer beer in the cups but it doesn't bother me either way.

We don't have anything quite like your "skunking" but if someone loses without hitting a cup we "troll" them and they have to sit under the table for the duration of the next game.

Originally Posted by DimesLikeHefner

Originally Posted by gHeTtOnOyPi

Our rules around my way...
-Elbows for official table, other than that, a step or 2 back and wrist rule. 

-2 re-racks per side

-Bounce = 2 cups

-Island = 2 cups

-Explosion (same cup) = 3 cups

-Explosion + bounce = 5 cups

-Rebuttal, losing team get a chance to make at least one cup, but if winning team makes both on that last cup, no rebuttal. 

-Heating up/fire

-Celebrity shots are allowed

-Gentlemen touch 

-Finger/blow are allowed (Defense)

I think that's about it...
laugh.gif

Same exact rules we play with. You from CA? 

real life...

has to be
laugh.gif
(the bay) we dont do island though...

also for troll we just have the person sit under the table and the people who played take a pic and then it gets posted on FB

-2 re-racks per side

-Bounce = 2 cups

-Island = 2 cups

-Rebuttal, losing team get a chance to make at least one cup, but if winning team makes both on that last cup, no rebuttal. 

-Heating up/fire

-Gentlemen touch 

laugh.gif

real life...

has to be
laugh.gif
(the bay) we dont do island though...

also for troll we just have the person sit under the table and the people who played take a pic and then it gets posted on FB

-2 re-racks per side

-Bounce = 2 cups

-Island = 2 cups

-Heating up/fire

-Gentlemen touch 

laugh.gif

Yessir.

-2 re-racks per side

-Bounce = 2 cups

-Island = 2 cups

-Heating up/fire

-Gentlemen touch 

laugh.gif

Yessir.

-2 re-racks per side

-Bounce = 2 cups

-Island = 2 cups

-Heating up/fire

-Gentlemen touch 

laugh.gif

Yessir.
Play about the same but no, blowing or fingering...and shoot til u miss for rebuttal.

-2 re-racks per side

-Bounce = 2 cups

-Island = 2 cups

-Heating up/fire

-Gentlemen touch 

laugh.gif

Yessir.
Play about the same but no, blowing or fingering...and shoot til u miss for rebuttal.

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

Yessir.
Those are the rules in NY
And it's very serious business to us, pretty much play at every party. 6 cups is way to easy though, you guys should start play 10 and 20 cup, you get more +!%+%# up and the games last longer.

We only play 1 rerack per game though

%!+ is that world series of beer pong video?? Worst %*$@+$% lean I've ever seen....

Someday...NT beer tournament.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

Yessir.
Those are the rules in NY
And it's very serious business to us, pretty much play at every party. 6 cups is way to easy though, you guys should start play 10 and 20 cup, you get more +!%+%# up and the games last longer.

We only play 1 rerack per game though

%!+ is that world series of beer pong video?? Worst %*$@+$% lean I've ever seen....

Someday...NT beer tournament.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom