Being an Uncle Tom is a good thing.

This is an example of how media literacy is important. It amazes me constantly how threads like these are allowed to thrive, but I make a thread asking how people ACTUALLY felt about the performance of their race in terms of American progress and it gets locked.

Being an Uncle Tom is never a good thing, it reinforces the idea of white superiority by justifying years of humiliation and deprivation through social engineering. However seeking the black male identity through flawed sources can also be just as divisive (i.e. 5% Nation, Nation of Islam, etc). 

We are in fact American, and the only way to be treated as equal Americans is to realize and accept that we are currently not equal. We are broken and if we allow far left liberals to keep pacifying our degenerate behavior and self defeating attitudes we will remain broken. 

This is our problem in a nutshell, and the moderators of Niketalk do not do ANYTHING for our cause by deleting helpful threads like mines and allowing ones with misleading titles these to thrive. It's unfair, but is a living example of how blacks are coddled from HARSH realities on a larger scale in this country.

This is an example of how media literacy is important. It amazes me constantly how threads like these are allowed to thrive, but I make a thread asking how people ACTUALLY felt about the performance of their race in terms of American progress and it gets locked.

Being an Uncle Tom is never a good thing, it reinforces the idea of white superiority by justifying years of humiliation and deprivation through social engineering. However seeking the black male identity through flawed sources can also be just as divisive (i.e. 5% Nation, Nation of Islam, etc). 

We are in fact American, and the only way to be treated as equal Americans is to realize and accept that we are currently not equal. We are broken and if we allow far left liberals to keep pacifying our degenerate behavior and self defeating attitudes we will remain broken. 

This is our problem in a nutshell, and the moderators of Niketalk do not do ANYTHING for our cause by deleting helpful threads like mines and allowing ones with misleading titles these to thrive. It's unfair, but is a living example of how blacks are coddled from HARSH realities on a larger scale in this country.

LOL at this whole essay of BS. You typed all that out, and yet support the stop and frisk policy that is directly racist against your own people.

agreed.

On a slightly different topic, it is incorrect for one to use "etc." when "i.e." starts a parenthetical sentence. The abbreviation "i.e." introduces a closed set -- in other words, "i.e." encompasses all the items and presents a "closed list" contained in the category being described (i.e. "divisive").

The abbreviation "e.g.", on the other hand, introduces an open-ended set, which is what you were presenting above. The "divisive" category being described encompasses more items than those that are listed. Therefore, the correct abbreviation to use in your example above should have been "e.g."

LOL at this whole essay of BS. You typed all that out, and yet support the stop and frisk policy that is directly racist against your own people.
Exactly MY OWN PEOPLE, how do you know what's BS to MY OWN PEOPLE? Secondly YES I support stop and frisk, you really think in this faux post-racial society where everything is under a microscope corrupt cops can get away with harassing law abiding citizens for something petty as a "stop and frisk"?

Those who get "stopped and frisked" look, dress and present themselves in a manner that would warrant an unlawful stop and frisk. If a Klu Klux Klan member knew his robe and hood was offensive do you think he would still travel the subway in it? Knowing it calls for suspicion and possibly leading to a stop and frisk?

This is what I mean, cats wanna act stupid and STILL get treated with respect ...you can't have both.

Last edited:
Being an "Uncle Tom" IS NOT a good thing. Though, I can see how some would postulate otherwise, given the ascribed nature of the character in question. I'd expand on it, but Fantastic4our has already provided good and sufficient criticism.

The word uncle Tom gets thrown around very loosely. It is often an insult from one black man to another black man he disagrees with on some racial issues. The word uncle Tom rarely looks at the individual as a whole. It's a lot like the nword in some ways. A man could get called an uncle Tom for marrying a white woman when he does a lot of humanitarian work for black people. In my experience many people who throw that word around are extremely ignorant.

Used ignorantly, obviously, the phrase carries negative implications, as you so pointed out. Used in the proper context, the phrase still ascribes negative qualities; so either way you slice it, there's nothing redeeming about being an Uncle Tom.

If one believes that being an Uncle Tom is redeeming, I venture to say then that one has but a superficial understanding of the Uncle Tom character as it relates to the greater narrative of southern slavery. Simply put, Uncle Tom, through no fault of his own, buoyed the very system that disenfranchised him and others like him, while simultaneously undermining abolitionist efforts for a free-south--yet again, through no overt fault of his own.

Of course, this is just my understanding of the of Uncle Tom character within the immediate and greater narrative; I could be wrong. Everything is open to debate.

Last edited:
I'm still confused on this term, I remember first hearing the term during Eminems 8 Mile rap at the end. I was asking: what the hell is an uncle tom? Only thing I thought was that it was a negative term based on Futures reaction when Eminem says "And my boy Future is an Uncle Tom".

Exactly MY OWN PEOPLE, how do you know what's BS to MY OWN PEOPLE? Secondly YES I support stop and frisk, you really think in this faux post-racial society where everything is under a microscope corrupt cops can get away with harassing law abiding citizens for something petty as a "stop and frisk"?

Those who get "stopped and frisked" look, dress and present themselves in a manner that would warrant an unlawful stop and frisk. If a Klu Klux Klan member knew his robe and hood was offensive do you think he would still travel the subway in it? Knowing it calls for suspicion and possibly leading to a stop and frisk?

This is what I mean, cats wanna act stupid and STILL get treated with respect ...you can't have both.
Are you serious? Like really serious? Even a judge said that stop and frisk is racist. There are whole documentaries about stop and frisk. I saw one and there was a scene where a 14 year old was stopped and frisked and then the officer cussed him out for no reason after finding nothing. And this  "frisk" is not a normal pat-down that you get at a ball game. This is full-on groping. Get your facts straight, you're living in a fantasy world.

More than FIVE MILLION people were stopped and frisked during the policy's life. They were ALL suspicious, right?

Last edited:
Are you serious? Like really serious? Even a judge said that stop and frisk is racist. There are whole documentaries about stop and frisk. I saw one and there was a scene where a 14 year old was stopped and frisked and then the officer cussed him out for no reason after finding nothing. And this  "frisk" is not a normal pat-down that you get at a ball game. This is full-on groping. Get your facts straight, you're living in a fantasy world.

More than FIVE MILLION people were stopped and frisked during the policy's life. They were ALL suspicious, right?
Question #1 and most importantly, what are you PERSONALLY doing about it?

Question #2 roughly 75% of my family are felons, ex-cons, older junkies, alcoholics and have been subjected to stop and frisks, fantasy world?

Question #3 are you African-American or Hispanic and do you live in New York well enough to know the social dynamics as far as attire goes (This isn't San Fran or Cali)?

Question #4 what facts do I need to get straight? I am very active politically offline and wrote several pieces on this matter, so do you have YOUR facts straight?

Back
Top Bottom