Being at peace with yourself, Vol. True Happiness

The path toward enlightenment never ends. I've learned so far that all you can do is be happy, healthy, hard working and positive. The positivity will come back to you ten fold. I believe that if I cleanse myself in this body, my soul will be freeeeeee

I have a healthy social life, but I also have just a few people I consider my friends, which I fully trust and withold loyalty to. As for the rest, they are just acquaintances. Barely any genuine and real people out there. I am still trying to get there to reach that peaceful frame of mind. I think once I get where I want to be in life, I will be there hopefully. But, it starts all within yourself. To reach that awakening and to just....be. Detach yourself from all that negativity,toxic waste,and just not let it get to you and be happy as you are. All about loving yourself too.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

forever alone>>>>being surrounded by backstabbers.

I disagree. I rather go through the experience of being back stabbed again and again rather than living life without those feelings of anguish.  Why? Because those experiences will make me a stronger person and give me incentive and motivation to rise above it all.   Why live life in the dark?  
"Life is about the people you meet and the things you create with them" 
Huh?

So you get back stabbed a bunch then you rise above it.....meaning you don't hang out with backstabbers anymore....i don't get it.  Id rather not hang out with backstabbers and be forever alone
Why not though? How do you know these people will back stab you?  Do you go through life thinking every single person you befriend will some day back stab you? 
What I meant was sure I have been back stabbed by friends before and sure it hurts but I rather go through that ordeal and experience those emotions then be some loner who have never experienced these emotions and be socially inept in how to deal with back stabbing when that time comes. 

I now have become a good judge of character with the people I meet due to those experiences of dealing with lying scumbags and dirty females.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Why not though? How do you know these people will back stab you?  Do you go through life thinking every single person you befriend will some day back stab you? 
What I meant was sure I have been back stabbed by friends before and sure it hurts but I rather go through that ordeal and experience those emotions then be some loner who have never experienced these emotions and be socially inept in how to deal with back stabbing when that time comes. 

I now have become a good judge of character with the people I meet due to those experiences of dealing with lying scumbags and dirty females.
I strongly agree with all that you said. These experiences will only give you more insight and prepare you to weed out all those negative and toxic people.

I'm on and off. It depends how much responsibilities i have in my life at these moments. I'd say appreciating the life you have and being grand about it, makes you feel at peace with your current situation.

Recently, my good friend's mom just passed and it reminded me that life is TOO short to take for granted.

Sidenote: A pigeon pooped on my good dress-shirt today... i looked to confirm if it was indeed bird poop and it was. Instead of being pissed, i smiled, looked up at the pigeon and laughed... *in my head, i was saying "you dirty mofo, you done punked me*

Moral of the story: don't let poop ruin your day
smile.gif

I've found that attaining inner peace or inner tranquility is an on/off roundabout journey like others have said. I actually have had moments of peace and felt sort of bad for some reason that i'm feeling this type of peace...I think because I know it will end and i'll be involved in some sort of drama.

But I find that their is something motivational and peaceful inside of the struggle part of my life....it's always the process over the product, meaning that people only try and find peace at the end of the journey and never stop to think about how to enjoy the struggle to get there. Cuz when it's all said and done and we attain what we set out for, the happiness that comes is only temporary until with find another mountain to climb. When you enjoy the struggle getting to the top, then I find your really able to spread the happiness along the whole way.

I enjoy being a loner myself, but if you think that's the best path in life your seriously robbing yourself of experiences and adding richness to your life. No one wants to deal with negative people or the bad vibes they put out but you will come into contact with these types of people no matter what. You shouldn't let the negative people you meet in your life deter you from meeting other people. Matter of fact I've found that negative people and dealing with them has made me more patient, understanding, and tolerable.

Alot of people past and present have said that the path we walk is a lonely one, but I feel that the interactions we make with others...especially because it's so easy now, helps us enrich our lives.

I say you take the good that receive from others and leave the rest and keep going forward.

been living my life for awhile

following my dad's advice "chase your dreams first, women can come follow you later"
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Nice thread
pimp.gif

As of now I have nothing. No new clothes, no money, and my laptop isn't working so im stuck you using my old $*! pc with 1/2 gig of ram. But I try to stay focused and have a positive outlook on life, things will get better for me I know it will.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

I've found that attaining inner peace or inner tranquility is an on/off roundabout journey like others have said. I actually have had moments of peace and felt sort of bad for some reason that i'm feeling this type of peace...I think because I know it will end and i'll be involved in some sort of drama.

But I find that their is something motivational and peaceful inside of the struggle part of my life....it's always the process over the product, meaning that people only try and find peace at the end of the journey and never stop to think about how to enjoy the struggle to get there. Cuz when it's all said and done and we attain what we set out for, the happiness that comes is only temporary until with find another mountain to climb. When you enjoy the struggle getting to the top, then I find your really able to spread the happiness along the whole way.

I enjoy being a loner myself, but if you think that's the best path in life your seriously robbing yourself of experiences and adding richness to your life. No one wants to deal with negative people or the bad vibes they put out but you will come into contact with these types of people no matter what. You shouldn't let the negative people you meet in your life deter you from meeting other people. Matter of fact I've found that negative people and dealing with them has made me more patient, understanding, and tolerable.

Alot of people past and present have said that the path we walk is a lonely one, but I feel that the interactions we make with others...especially because it's so easy now, helps us enrich our lives.

I say you take the good that receive from others and leave the rest and keep going forward.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

im also a loner BUT i am not "Forever Alone" lol As the past few years now i only kick it with girls, Girls that i wanna smash, My 2 best friends moved so when i go out on the weekends i kick it with like 2 or 3 dudes and hit whatever club/bar and thats only on a sat.

Burning a bowl while listening to music and just being consumed in your own thoughts
pimp.gif

Happiness is just a small part of the puzzle. Life isn't just about being at peace, there is no resolution without conflict, pain is just as important as pleasure. I think inner wisdom and strength are progressive steps in enlightenment. Your peace can be easily rattled by a death, accident or watching someone you love crumble. That being said when I do have those moments of sheer bliss there is nothing like it! You definetly only find love and wisdom within, but it's incredible when you meet someone that you can journey along that path with male or female. I had several friends that I was walking down the path of love and wisdom with and we all went our seperate ways. I used to get lonely but now I know I have and will never be alone. I recommend depriving yourself of something you currently feel you can't live without that is a luxury, it will amaze you how resilient you become when you never need.

I rarely post in general because most of it is nonsense. I am happy to see a thread like this in here. and the fact that OPs SN is humpasaurus rex is even more wonderful.. carry on my brothers!

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
 Never been able to put those feelings into words.

I think I'm able to obtain peace with myself at any point, like appreciating what I have now and where I'm at.

The thing is I feel like you can get dissatisfied with being in a happy state, like eventually you will feel bored or feel there's no great challenge to do in your life. Or worst you are satisfied in your comfort zone, being mediocre or not tapping into your full potential as a person.

When I was younger I thought "hmm i feel totally good and happy, why should I do anything more in my life? why should i strive to be the best in all that i do?" I came to realize that life is about going out of your comfort zone, being at peace and happy is nice and one should definitely enjoy the fullness of it, but to go struggle and fight for something I think is what truly makes us grow in spirit and expands our happiness not for ourselves, but to others in the world as well.

funny this post came up. my father was just telling me i need to take yoga to help me out with this and to pray more. ever since i was young i guess ive been pretty unsettled as far as peace. i honestly feel at times that its not meant for me to have. i worry too much and get upset a lot. too many little things bother me.

meh

Great thread...been around the fam alot recently....substituted alot of criticizing friends(haters in disguise) and replaces them with positive ones that I can possibly grow with....Faithfully particpating to these type of threads..

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

funny this post came up. my father was just telling me i need to take yoga to help me out with this and to pray more. ever since i was young i guess ive been pretty unsettled as far as peace. i honestly feel at times that its not meant for me to have. i worry too much and get upset a lot. too many little things bother me.

meh
Yoga is fantastic. Meditation and prayer helps a lot too. Being at peace with yourself is knowing how to calm down when stress levels are high.  Usually when I have a bad day, I swim then stretch and meditate. It helps to clear the mind to just sit in a quite room and to just think. After this session, I then medicate with greens. 
pimp.gif
  Life is great! 

Yes, I'm already there. Every day I finish the day before I go to bed and reflect on what I did that day and I just think about what a good day it was. It doesn't matter if it's the worst day of the month or if I failed something important, I just reflect on what went will and what didn't and how it was great that I had fun and learned.

I'm kind of a loner too, it's not that I don't like people or they don't like me but I prefer to take in the world by myself, or with a couple other people. Some of the most basic and effortless things have made me happiest, like exploring the city at night, taking in all the lights and just thinking about what we'd want to be when we're older.

I still like to chase perfection and success, but I don't need anything to make me happy, I got myself for that.

Back
Top Bottom