Ben Wallace Appreciation

I'm randomly going thru utube and watched a few Big Ben vids. He did pretty awesome things for his size and playing the 5. Considering he wasn't even the tallest player on his team at any given time on the floor (Sheed), he was able to swat a grip of shots. Yea yea the center position has been watered for some time - I don't care tho - He was a major part of getting another chip in the D.

Jus a random Ben appreciation post.

nba_a_wallace_395.jpg

should have never left Detroit, dude still would have put up awesome numbers and helped win another championship maybe
30t6p3b.gif

I loved that Pistons team. Nothing like seeing them swack the Lakers like they did.

When he was on Detroit
smokin.gif
That big 4 was fun to watch.

Ben is the type of player every team should have... Defense, rebounding, energy, etc.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

I loved that Pistons team. Nothing like seeing them swack the Lakers like they did.
Yessir
pimp.gif

Is it just me or didn't that championship Detroit team get OD gassed after the Lakers finals? Like that whole team got high on their own supply and @!$% basically has gone down hill for all of them since then? (especially Dumars) I knew they had jumped the shark when Ben started demanding they run plays for him
laugh.gif

Regardless that 04 season was magical... DEEEE-TROIT BASKET-BALL!!!, *Big Ben Gong* The mask, double oversized arm sweatbands... Darko

Originally Posted by Zyzz

should have never left Detroit, dude still would have put up awesome numbers and helped win another championship maybe
30t6p3b.gif

Didn't the Bulls give him a 4 year $60 million deal? I don't blame him.
laugh.gif

Much appreciated, though. Dude was/is a physical specimen.

One of my favorite players, undersized but it didn't matter.. he was a defensive monster out there.
Like HTTB said, with his wingspan his height didn't hold him back, you don't block shots with your head, anyway..

Originally Posted by 0cks

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Yessir
pimp.gif

Is it just me or didn't that championship Detroit team get OD gassed after the Lakers finals? Like that whole team got high on their own supply and @!$% basically has gone down hill for all of them since then? (especially Dumars) I knew they had jumped the shark when Ben started demanding they run plays for him
laugh.gif

Regardless that 04 season was magical... DEEEE-TROIT BASKET-BALL!!!, *Big Ben Gong* The mask, double oversized arm sweatbands... Darko
I'm really not sure. They had a nice solid run after that as far as wins and stuff after that. But they seemed to just fall off out of nowhere.
Of course Ben Wallace leaving, trading away Chauncey Billups for Allen Iverson, and the coach leaving didn't make anything any better. 

Team fell apart after that '04 season (kind if, they still won mad games, but let me elaborate)
The team stopped listening to LB then after he was gone it was like there was nothing to hold them together and make them play as a unit anymore. They were still good players but needed him as a coach to have that championship-type success. Getting rid of Ben and Chauncey were two of the worst decisions Joe D ever made, also.

I remember when he signed with the Bulls and NT and the rest of the world had them ranked #1 and were the favorites for the championship.  
laugh.gif

Their goal that summer was to get some inside scoring but they signed him instead.

Back
Top Bottom