Best '80s Action Movie

What's your favorite Action movie from the '80s?

• The Terminator

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Commando

• Die Hard

• Big Trouble In Little China

• Running Man

• Lethal Weapon

• Robocop

• Predator

• Escape From New York

• 48 Hrs

• Beverly Hills Cop

• Rambo: First Blood Pt.II

• Aliens

• Road House

• They Live

• Best of The Best

• Blood Sport

• The Last Dragon

• Total voters
You included Running Man but not They Live?? C'mon man...

But of the ones on your list, I would go with Aliens.

Last edited:
full-metal-jacket-helmet-born-to-kill-290.jpg

Schwarzeneggar dominated the action genre from late 80s-early 90s, the formula for his movies were simple but very entertaining. A far cry from today's more realistic action films, but it would be tough to argue that the character and charisma provided but Arnold can be paralleled.

JCVD would come in second, his flicks were even more goofy than Arnold's, but nonetheless entertaining.

FWIW I picked Running Man. Great combo of story, action and campiness

View media item 1124346

Last edited:
Has to marginally be Predator for me, closely followed by The Terminator, but it's like choosing between your children.

I am basically a walking encyclopedia of 80s/90s action flicks so they are all appreciated, but obviously Arnold is always numero uno.

Last edited:
Best action movie is Die Hard ...

Best movie is Aliens ...

Props for listing Last Dragon and Road House ... :smokin

Honorable mention to Terminator ... one of the best sci fi movies and ever ... aliens is just on another level

Last Dragon :lol:

Terminator, Blood Sport, Predator are my top three

Terminator, number one

I've always thought terminator 1 was the best one of the whole terminator series! It was so gritty and dark.. I'm surprised you guys didn't add Cobra and First Blood 1. Out if the list, I would have to say Commando, it was soooo Bad A**!!!

Growing up as a kid watching most of these in the theatre was so cool. Looking at that poll just took me back. Any of you watch these movies and then go play outside & reenact them? I know I did :lol:

Voting on just one was difficult because there are so many great ones to choose from. I voted for Predator, but could have easily voted for about 5-6 more. This thread is much appreciated op!

Last edited:
Reactions: wr
Back
Top Bottom