Best Albums of the Year. (Mixtapes are a different thread).

I'm really liking Lianne La Havas's album.

Heard this the other day, thought it was pretty good. It's folk.

Right Away, Great Captain - The Church of the Good Thief:

5c0ae595e4ae0350c58d3d68a6d73573.jpg

channel orange is on that list. somewhere, oh and odd future vol. 2 was alright, but there's a lot of good albums on here,

Last edited:
A few records that I have not seen mentioned that I really enjoy this year...

Mirroring - Foreign Body
Laurel Halo - Quarantine
Blondes - Blondes
Actress - R.I.P.
Dean Blunt & Inga Copeland - Black is Beautiful
Ty Segall Band - Slaughterhouse
I Cube - M Megamix
Kindness - World, You Need a Change of Mind

And that's not taking into account any EP's. I mean, that probably should be an entirely different thread, because there have been quite a few extended play joints that I have really felt this year.

This has been on stupid REPEAT. Haven't played an album back to back as much as I have this mixtape.

A few records that I have not seen mentioned that I really enjoy this year...

Laurel Halo - Quarantine
Kindness - World, You Need a Change of Mind

And that's not taking into account any EP's. I mean, that probably should be an entirely different thread, because there have been quite a few extended play joints that I have really felt this year.
I was listening to those a lot when they came out. "House" from Kindness is probably my favorite song of the year.

Ya'll already got KRIT and SchoolBoy up there, also toss in...

lee-fields-faithful-man.jpg

MY MAN LEE FIELDS! So Glad someone mentioned this album.
Lovers of that real soul music, please give this man a lesson. For those who don't know, J. cole sampled a couple of his "Warm up" tracks from this dude's last album. 

Anyone who is up to date with "Suits" will recognize this song as well. 

What I think so far:

Channel Orange - Frank Ocean

Stoned Immaculate - Curren$y

WZRD - WZRD

Live from the Underground - K.R.I.T.

Just started listening to:

Life is Good - Nas

God Forgives, I Don't - Rick Ross

Musclecar Chronicles - Curren$y

The OF Tape Vol. 2 - Odd Future

Lets go ahead and throw in 'Coexist' by the xx. Creeping closer and close to my top 5 and it aint even out yet.

Checked out that Julia Holter album. Very, very good. Gotta listen to it a few more times before I can get a definite feeling on it, but it's solid.

A couple albums I've been listening to a lot:

Bloc Party - 'Four.' Man... my favorite band, and I want to like it more than I do; it's growing on me, but right now I dont think I can justify it as an honorable mention. Too disjointed as a whole, and it's not as strong lyrically as, well, any other BP album. Good album, but nothing that screams for repeat listens like Intimacy or Silent Alarm did. Songs like The Healing prove that they still have some semblance of their old form though

Nas - 'Life is Good.' This has gotten really really good to me. Been listening a lot lately, and I'm happy that Nas played around with the sound on his album. Lots of different angles on here, and I think it's good enough to warrant a personal top 15 spot. I ******g hate Swizz Beats though.

Damn, lots of good albums going into fall. This year has definitely been picking up since mid-summer.

Last edited:
My personal top 5

Fiona Apple- The Idler Wheel is wiser than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You Better Than Ropers Will Ever Do
Tame Impala- Lonerism
Beach House- Bloom
Grizzly Bear- Shields
Kendrick Lamar- Good Kid, m.A.A.d. City

not gonna lie - my two favorite albums of the year are Lana Del Ray's and Taylor Swifts. Complete albums.

Swift is a force, she knew exactly what she was doing with that album, no one should be surprised to see her numbers - great album

Back
Top Bottom