Best and Worst QB's in the NFL this year ... vol. 1st Half

TrillipinoTrapstar 0]
alien.gif
SMACK!!!!

dont listen to what this dude saids.. his post just said who got the best and worst record :smh:
smh.gif

you know nothing about sports and its not only based on this post. :stoneface:
indifferent.gif

Quote:
This thread should be changed to "Lets find a way to hate on Rex Grossman although he has been out for 4 weeks"
It's hard not to put him on the list because not only did he lose the super bowl last year, he straight up blew this year, and all the faith of the chicago franchise was placed in him ...
Quote:
eh...I dunno about Jason Campbell....I think considering he has had his o-line descimated, no help from WR's, and little to no running game, he has made some good plays. Also, the coaching staff has the most conservative approach to their game plans. The dude has all the talent in the world, but he has been having to work with what he has. A lot of you all are purely basing your "analysis" off of his HORRIBLE game vs. the Pats. If that is the case, then yes, he is the worst QB in the league...however, in looking at the grand scheme of things, Campbell has been in the middle of the pack as far as QB's are concerned in the NFL.
TEAMCOWBOYS

D.A. is top 3 this year like it or not, and its because he has a top 3 WR, top 3 TE and a superb O-Line
TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS
James,Pavlovic,Hughes,Gooden,IIgauskas,Varejao,Marshall ,Da.Jones,Pollard,Snow,Wesley,Newble,Gibson,Brown​

Quote:
I live in Washington and I watch every skins game to see how bad they are

Quote:
TEAMCOWBOYS
:\
ohwell.gif

i'm going to break down your "assessment" because you are OBVIOUSLY not looking at things from an objective POV.

Quote:
This year with any decent QB the skins would be one game back of the boys in the division

Agreed....they could EASILY be 6-2 or even 7-1, but there were many lapses due to inept coaching and non-focus from some of the skill players...

Quote:
the reason gibbs' gamen plan is the way it is, is directly due to the fact Jason Campbell stinks it up

oh really....so, the fact that the Skins have had injuries to Casey Rabach, lost both Jon Jansen and Randy Thomas for the year, and also NO running game has nothing to do with Campbell's struggles?

Quote:
dude is so inconsistent and throws the flattest deep ball in the league
er compiled 16/13 TD/INT's and close to 3,000 yards passing.

Quote:
all the talent in the world? he has above average arm strength :rofl:
roll.gif
....bro, you and Stephen A. Smith must have the same supplier

Quote:
he reads defenses like a high schooler and makes 3 bad throws for every good one

I don't even know why I am even addressing you, because you clearly have no clue what you are talking about....so you are saying that 1/4 of his throws are good?

Quote:
he misses wide open receivers and throws a very uncatchable ball

The skins are amongst the league leaders in dropped balls...that ain't on Campbell....

Quote:
the skins have all the talent on O and D but Campbell doesnt get it done

Give him protection and he'll turn in performances like he did when he played against the Lions and Eagles...

Quote:
I am so happy that he is the ******** future because they will never win with him ... now that the D has been hit by injuries they wont be able to stop many offenses in the NFC and Campbell will never WIN a game for the skins and thats what it comes down to

TEAMCOWBOYS

you have no clue what you are talking about. Jason Campbell has a LONG way to go, but he is going to be a good QB in the NFL. There are things he needs to work on like making better reads and getting more air under his deep ball, but the QB position in DC will be set for a long time with JC under center. There is nothing but hate in your post. You are not looking at things objectively at all. Your analysis makes dudes like S4L look like the schwab.

Quote:
Agreed....they could EASILY be 6-2 or even 7-1, but there were many lapses due to inept coaching and non-focus from some of the skill players...
so you agree witha better qb they could have a better record but you are still defending campbell? ... ... how can you blame it on inept coaching and non focus when you are agreeing that campbell isnt getting it done? If the coaches believed in him maybe they would call plays to showcase his talents rather than hiding him
Quote:
oh really....so, the fact that the Skins have had injuries to Casey Rabach, lost both Jon Jansen and Randy Thomas for the year, and also NO running game has nothing to do with Campbell's struggles?
No actually that has little to do with it ... just going off last week dude had plenty of time to make plays and just didnt get it done ... I can name 3 specific throws off the top of my head that were horrible and showed his inconsistency (Moss twice and the pick) ... no running game? check the stats son son
Quote:
again....TEAMCOWBOYS....above average arm strength??? ....bro, you and Stephen A. Smith must have the same supplier
I dont get it? ... ...
Quote:
Inconsistent, but yet he has in 15 games as a starter compiled 16/13 TD/INT's and close to 3,000 yards passing.
LMAO ... son, that stat proves he isnt inconsistent? about 1 td per game and about .9 ints per game? 3000 yds passing? big deal hit some of them wide open receivers and maybe he would be close to 4000
Quote:
I don't even know why I am even addressing you, because you clearly have no clue what you are talking about....so you are saying that 1/4 of his throws are good?
you sound like my gf lol ... ok you got me maybe not 1/4 are good maybe something more like 5/16 lololol ... get on board son
Quote:
The skins are amongst the league leaders in dropped balls...that ain't on Campbell....
hmmm throwing uncatchable balls and flat deep balls has nothing to do with drops??? how about when the receivers expecting to get lead and the balls behind and high?
Quote:
Give him protection and he'll turn in performances like he did when he played against the Lions and Eagles...
lions and eagles ... ... ... lmao
Quote:
you have no clue what you are talking about. Jason Campbell has a LONG way to go, but he is going to be a good QB in the NFL. There are things he needs to work on like making better reads and getting more air under his deep ball, but the QB position in DC will be set for a long time with JC under center. There is nothing but hate in your post. You are not looking at things objectively at all. Your analysis makes dudes like S4L look like the schwab.
TEAMCOWBOYS

Am I alone in thinking Manning isnt #2? I'd put Romo and MAYBE Favre over him for now. Yes, I know, his team is 7-1, but that doesnt mean he has to be #2.
BOSTON CELTICS
16 Championships ~ 10 MVPs ~ 1 Legacy​
1~2~3~6~10~14~ 15~16~17~18~19~21~22~23~24~25~31~32~33~35~00~LOSCY

Quote:
DA > Big Ben.

Rothlisberger lives off his running game and might throw 25 passes per game.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.​
Member of the Steeler Nation
IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL Champions​

Best:

20051211NFLGreenBayPackersBrettFavre.jpg

tom-brady-condo.jpg

00169bcd.jpg

p1_romo.jpg

davidg.jpg
TEAM WASHINGTON WIZARDS
ARENAS-STEVENSON-BUTLER-JAMISON-HAYWOOD
"MY SWAGGER WAS PHENOMENAL" -GILBERT ARENAS​

Marley you can't be this dense....what I should have clarified is that I AGREE that the Skins could be 6-2 or 7-1....I should have said that Campbell had little to nothing to do with some of those losses (sans the pats game). What happened vs. the Giants and Packers can fall on the shoulders of the coaching staff. In both games the Skins were up and sat on their lead rather than going for the jugular. We have a VERY timid head coach who has a conservative/scared approach to calling a game. Show me another QB in the NFL who isn't calling audibles at the line? That is NOT on Campbell, because he is one of the most knowledgeable individuals on the offensive side of the ball. This all falls back on Gibbs and "protecting" his young QB. He fears for the psyche of Campbell, rather than letting him take his lumps.

Quote:
No actually that has little to do with it ... just going off last week dude had plenty of time to make plays and just didnt get it done ... I can name 3 specific throws off the top of my head that were horrible and showed his inconsistency (Moss twice and the pick) ... no running game? check the stats son son

So, losing 3 out of your top 5 offensive linemen have NOTHING to do with the pressure/struggles your QB faces on a weekly basis? *****.....and you question me saying that we have no running game? You want to talk about stats, see what we have done running the ball aside from the Dolphins and Jets game. Shoot, if you take away what the skins did yesterday, we are at or near the bottom of the pack in rushing. The run game has been non-existent. But you know that since you watch the Skins right?

Quote:
LMAO ... son, that stat proves he isnt inconsistent? about 1 td per game and about .9 ints per game? 3000 yds passing? big deal hit some of them wide open receivers and maybe he would be close to 4000
:rofl:
roll.gif
until the final 7 games last year and is in his 1st year as a starter. However, you want to harp at him having a 16/13 TD/INT ratio with about 3,000 yards passing? Please show me a QB in NFL history 25 years old or younger who was a 4,000 yard passer in their first 15-16 games? Aside from Dan Marino who went for 5k, I dunno what you will find...

moving on....

Quote:
lions and eagles ... ... ... lmao
...that is not an easy place to play, and you're flat out hating if you think Campbell didn't handle that environment/situation with poise. You are just looking for ANY reason to hate...you have no basis for any of your arguments other than looking at Campbell with a skewed viewpoint...

Quote:
i have no clue what im talking about but you agreed with damn near everything i said? I'm not hating I'm stating a fact, dude is inconsistent and never gonna be a leader ... hes way too timid and a nice guy and he definitely wont lead by example ... you have portis and betts, moss and cooley, stop making excuses and admit dude is garbage ... you are right on one point, he will be under center for a long time because snyder wont want to look like a fool for putting all his faith in a loser again lmao ..

What did I agree with you on? I can maybe think of three points....the fact that the Skins could have a better record, and there are some things that campbell could work on like making better reads and touch on the deep ball. We have Portis, who FINALLY got on track in week #9. We have Betts who hasn't been running well all year (3.6 yards per carry). We have Moss, who has been injured and has dropped more passes than I can remember. Cooley has scored his TD's but he hasn't been utilized the way he should because of being asked to do more blocking due to a depleted offensive line. None of these things fall on Campbell. Everyone on the offensive side of the ball has things to work on. Campbell is the LEAST of the worries. It was frustrating yesterday watching a young QB like CLemens given complete reign over what was being done when they left the huddle. Everyone in DC or with an OUNCE of football knowledge knows that Campbell has a unique skill set. It is up to the coaches to put him in position to make the most out of his abilities. We saw him last year beat a VERY good saints team on the road. We saw him last year improvise and hit cooley for a 60+ yard TD. To say that he is garbage and the WORST QB in the NFL with little to no basis behind your argument only proves how much you really follow football. The lack of knowledge is astounding here in S&T for this football season...we got dudes totally talking out of their behinds....i'm done with you...you can rant on how you would like, but do yourself a favor and actually try to look at things from an objective POV...

Yea I realize that I don't have Brady on my list.....Maybe it's just me but just throwing jump balls up to an extraordinary wideout who is gonna come down with anything and everything you throw at him doesn't make him the best. You think maybe seeing how Brady has never had this great of a season until this stable of receivers got here, maybe it isn't all him......

:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif
You serious? :smh:
smh.gif
You forgot this dude got 3 rings WITHOUT an elite recieving corps right? So what you think he's gonna do when he gets one? I wanna smoke what you on

If the QB's are ranked by rating it goes
1. Tom Brady
2. David Garrard
3. Big Ben
4. Peyton Manning
5. Tony Romo
6. Jeff Garcia
7. Jon Kitna
8. Brett Favre
9. Derek Anderson
10. Carson Palmer

take garrard out b/c of injury
ben's stats are good, but he doesn't throw that much, hes 50 attempts short of the next guy on that list

the worst
1. Alex Smith
2. Vince Young
3. Matt Leinart
4. Marc Bulger
5. David Carr
6. Trent Edwards
7. Cleo Lemon
8. Trent Green
9. Daunte Culpepper
10. Jason Campbell

I think Bulger is taken off that list because of injuries to him and his line
And some of those guys haven't played all year
TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS
James,Pavlovic,Hughes,Gooden,IIgauskas,Varejao,Marshall ,Da.Jones,Pollard,Snow,Wesley,Newble,Gibson,Brown​

Quote:
We have a VERY timid head coach who has a conservative/scared approach to calling a game. Show me another QB in the NFL who isn't calling audibles at the line? That is NOT on Campbell, because he is one of the most knowledgeable individuals on the offensive side of the ball. This all falls back on Gibbs and "protecting" his young QB. He fears for the psyche of Campbell, rather than letting him take his lumps.
Mail me your degree from Auburn since you know Jason's intellectual ability so well ... You honestly think thatsaunders and gibbs wouldnt let campbell call audibles if they thought it would help the team win? Let alone if they actually thought he could lol ...
Quote:
So, losing 3 out of your top 5 offensive linemen have NOTHING to do with the pressure/struggles your QB faces on a weekly basis? *****.....and you question me saying that we have no running game? You want to talk about stats, see what we have done running the ball aside from the Dolphins and Jets game. Shoot, if you take away what the skins did yesterday, we are at or near the bottom of the pack in rushing. The run game has been non-existent. But you know that since you watch the Skins right?
I never said that losing your line has nothing to do with added pressure, what I am saying is that the skins line isnt thatbad ... he has been sacked 13 times all year which is among the lowest in the league and he has 6 tds and 7 picks ... ... ... You have the 9th best rushingoffense in the league (better than the cowboys) ... ... ... what can you say numbers dont lie ...
Quote:
Laugh all you want, but many young QB's have folded playing on the road in Philly in their 10th career start...that is not an easy place to play, and you're flat out hating if you think Campbell didn't handle that environment/situation with poise. You are just looking for ANY reason to hate...you have no basis for any of your arguments other than looking at Campbell with a skewed viewpoint...
When did I say campbell didnt play good against the eagles? I was laughing at the fact that their team is in disarray andtheir D isn't to tuff (word to last night lol).. and he still didnt play that great (16/29 1td 1int) getting a lucky late TD at that ... the lions? athome? lets be real, b-real was real
Quote:
Campbell is the LEAST of the worries. It was frustrating yesterday watching a young QB like CLemens given complete reign over what was being done when they left the huddle. Everyone in DC or with an OUNCE of football knowledge knows that Campbell has a unique skill set. It is up to the coaches to put him in position to make the most out of his abilities. We saw him last year beat a VERY good saints team on the road. We saw him last year improvise and hit cooley for a 60+ yard TD. To say that he is garbage and the WORST QB in the NFL with little to no basis behind your argument only proves how much you really follow football. The lack of knowledge is astounding here in S&T for this football season...we got dudes totally talking out of their behinds....i'm done with you...you can rant on how you would like, but do yourself a favor and actually try to look at things from an objective POV...
If campbell is the least of your worries on offense you have some major issues ... and clemens is given reign over thewhole program because he has the skill and smarts to do so ... unique skill set? uniquely horrible in terms of ummm stats and production ... and i am beingobjective, let me let you in on a little secret, heres my final thought ... This is who Jason Campbell is better than as far as qb rating goes this year: AlexSmith, Vince Young, Leinart, Bulger, David Carr, Trent Edwards, Cleo Lemon, Trent Green, and Daunte Culpepper ... ... ... hes really on the up and up lol

... no more personal battles just an update after this week

T E A M C O W B O Y S

^^^ more power to you son son ... I just wouldn't choose him as my starter over Harrington at this point

^^^ check the first post I updated for this week ... moved him from 5 to 3 because dude is playing like boobs

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Quote:
DA > Big Ben.

Rothlisberger lives off his running game and might throw 25 passes per game.

You would rather have DA on your team than Ben? I mean, DA has looked great but don't try to dimish what Ben does.

And Ben makes plays, being a division fan you should know that. Ben has played GREAT this year so far, and all he does is win games*

*when not within minutes of death
Team Economics

From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

Member of the Steeler Nation

IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL Champions

Ben can be a playmaker at times, but it is clear that he is only good working with broken plays. He can't throw from the pocket and as seenyesterday he needs his running game. Even though it seemed like it was all him, Parker still had 20+ carries for 100+ yds.

I would take DA over Ben any day and thats not to diminish what Ben has done. Give Derek that running game and@!+! would get real scary.

Rivers is garbage but I'd still take him over Alex Smith.

Big Ben>DA right now, i know DA has a great season but let's be real...i dunno i guess Ben's really flying under the radar a bit.

If you want to consider what people expected of teams (as the thread starter said), and what they've done as far as winning games, managing games, etc.

I'd say the top 3 in no order are
Anderson (Taking the BROWN's places)
Favre (Making his very inexperienced team one of the best in the league)
Kitna *ignore yesterday
and probably Big Ben and Romo

Where's the Trent Green/Cleo Lemon combo?

They've combined for 8 TD's to 11 INT's, 17 sacks, and a 70.9 rating.
sick.gif

WE WANT JOHN BECK!
laugh.gif
smh.gif

BEST
1 brady
t2 romo/ manning/ roethlisberger
t5 favre/ anderson/ garcia

on the bubble (no order):
Jon Kitna
Carson Palmer
Hasselback

WORST
1 tarvaris
2 Miami QB
t3 Ravens QB / Kansas City QB
t5 Oakland QB/ San Francisco QB

on the bubble (no order):
NYJ QB
Phil Rivers
Jason Campbell
JP Losman
Bears QB
Vince Young
Panthers QB
Arizona QB
St Louis QB

Ben is going crazy this year, awesome to watch. Guy finds ways to win games and puts the team on his back. GO STEELERS!

Back
Top Bottom