Best Antivirus/Antispyware tools?

My aunt's computer is all jacked up so I'm trying to clean it out for her. I used to use Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, and NOD32. Are these still good or have better programs come out? Doesn't matter if they're free or have to be paid for.

throw it out and get a mac.

jk

get microsoft security essentials or go get avg. u can get a trial of the best version for 30 days so it can take care of viruses then delete it after

Originally Posted by odog24

throw it out and get a mac.
seriously. its 2012, step it up
pimp.gif

or struggle with:

malwarebytes
spybot
microsoft security essentials'

Avira.
There's a way you can put it on a flash drive and boot into it from start up. I completely forgot how to do it but look into that

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

what you should do is go through her internet history and see where she is getting the viruses so she doesnt continue to get them
we already know where she is
grin.gif

If you want to make sure it's gone, back up her data and completely reformat it.

If you just want to try to disinfect it, Nod32 for paid, or Microsoft Security Essentials for free are the best.

AVAST! As well as Spybot. I also have CCleaner.

Spoiler [+]
Anyone have information on the Michael Jackson tracks? I have been looking around and haven't found any, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by Sleaze Jar Omens

wipe. fresh install.
The easiest solution. Insert a disc of whatever she's using and re-install. Viruses and trojans can hide from AV software sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom