Best Bay Area Tattoo Parlors?

Im looking to get some tattooes but i dont want to settle for the neighborhood shop.
What are the places with the best artists and/or artwork in the Bay?
If you've gone there could you please post pics of the work you've had done?

There are alot of good shops in the Bay but it would help if you listed what kind of work you are looking to get done as certain shops specialize in differentthings...

I am also looking for a tattoo place. Im planning on getting a chinese character on my arm. Wheres the best place for that?

I was also wondering about this, I'm planning to get a portrait of my mother. Haha I tried to get with Kat Von D but she quoted me at 4G's.

i have a lot of ideas about idfferent tattooes but i just know its all going to be black and grey. if that helps

Originally Posted by Uzzle

I was also wondering about this, I'm planning to get a portrait of my mother. Haha I tried to get with Kat Von D but she quoted me at 4G's.

Kat is WAY OVER PRICED, there are people out there just as good if not better for NORMAL prices!!! If I was gonna drop big money on ink I'd go to MrCartoon...

As far as Bay Area spots, definately hi up Everlasting on Divisidero in the City. Henry is real nice at portraits.

Grime at Primal Urge is really nasty too but I think his waiting list right now is like 2 1/2 - 3 years... yes, YEARS... LOL

Mike Giant told me that if you can track him down Chris Conn is the best in the Bay at black and white ink!!!

agree with all of the other shops. gotta mention humble beginnings in san jose too.

orly does great work.

metalmaned, good looks for the Everlasting tip. I might hit them up when that G.W. Bush check comes in.

^^^ No Prob... I got my tattoo done there but Mike Giant did it when he was here a few years back. Henry is real good though peep their website and you can seesome of his work...

49737968_l.jpg

Anubis Warpus on Haight St. in SF, ink is great, my friend got a tat there and the ink is still dark. cool people too, really chill and gotta a lot of designsto look at.

I got mine over at everlasting as well a few years back....Shop was cool and they were really nice people. Dude even ran to the store to get me starburst toboost my sugar level cuz I was getting dizzy. I am in the process of getting the cash together to do either a short sleeve or a leg piece....

ANY 1 KNOW IF NUNEZ TATOO'S IS GOOD? ITS IN THE EASTBAY AREA IN RICHMOND? INFO PLZ

^ One of my co-workers got a tat at Nunez and it wasn't bad but not anything special either. Also a little overpriced from what I heard

I keep hearing about Triple R Tattoo in San Bruno, specifically Troy Harless. But he's impossible to book an appointment with.

If there's a particular shop/artist that you know will do a good job, don't go somewhere else because they charge a lot. Just save up the money and getit done right. After all, this is going to be a permanent part of your body. I can't tell you how many dudes I've seen in the hood with cheaply doneportraits or nasty lettering. You couldn't pay me to put that on my body. One time this chick showed me a portrait of her husband and all I could thinkabout was how it looked like Biggie with buck teeth.

Or maybe he really did look like Biggie with buck teeth but somehow I doubt it.

I just recently went to Triple R to go with a friend to get his tattoo. Real cool guys. The place seems chill, theres a pool table if you have guest who wantsto wait, tons of books of past tattoos to look at, lots of awards on the wall from expos i would presume. I'm actually planning to go there to get a graf.tattoo but need to save money. BUt yea place looks good.

ANY 1 KNOW IF NUNEZ TATOO'S IS GOOD? ITS IN THE EASTBAY AREA IN RICHMOND? INFO PLZ
They have that place called Telegraph Tatoo in Berkeley. Never really seen the work but the place looks clean......
You should check that place out.....

And Everlasting (as far as the work online) is just sick. I really think I will go there for my tat.....

Originally Posted by metalmaned

^^^ No Prob... I got my tattoo done there but Mike Giant did it when he was here a few years back. Henry is real good though peep their website and you can see some of his work...

49737968_l.jpg

Is that yours? I would only have a tat to put something meaningful in it.

^^^^I think it is meaningful. Metel is into metel work and graff........but I am sure he can elaborate some more....

I have had all my tattoos done at everlasting in the city......deffinatly recomended Justin the artist who i get my work done by has been doing tattoos forover 13 years

Back
Top Bottom