Best Buy Geek Squad TV Calibration

Is this worth it? Will there be a significant difference on my TV? We bought a Samsung 52" 850 series and calibration was free with the purchase. I'mnot sure if I would have paid for this on my own. He's sitting here now with his fancy gadgetry connected to my TV and I'm waiting for the results.

hell no, do that stuff urself ...go check out avsforums.com and search for your TV model number ...cats will post calibration setting up ...just messing aroundwith the different setting and find the one u like ...forget BB Geek Squad ...rip off squad

Won't do you much good if the TV is new, you're supposed to clock in so many hours of use before you do calibrate.

make sure who ever calibrates your TV has ISF certification, but its going to cost a pretty penny
[h3]
[/h3]

They said you have to have 100 hours on the TV. I've had it since May 26th the day we closed on our house and moved in. He checked it out and we have 190hours watched. And again. It was free with the purchase of certain TV's at BB when I purchased it. He's done and it makes the picture look morenatural. White people don't look all red anymore and every color isn't overly bright. But again, this was free and I don't know if I would'vepaid 250 for this.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Who calibrates the calibration equipment?

Exactly.

A waste of money.

what?
laugh.gif

I bought my TV almost a month ago, and am in need of the Geek Squad to check out my TV. I'm not sure if it's the cable or the HDMI cable, or the TVitself, but ever so often, the picture freezes up/gets real fidgety (sp?).

I have the super insurance that they offer and I think calibration is included. I'm about to set that up once my bedroom theatre is set up.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

I bought my TV almost a month ago, and am in need of the Geek Squad to check out my TV. I'm not sure if it's the cable or the HDMI cable, or the TV itself, but ever so often, the picture freezes up/gets real fidgety (sp?).

I have the super insurance that they offer and I think calibration is included. I'm about to set that up once my bedroom theatre is set up.

Calibration is separate from insurance/protection plan. But for your instance I would say call your cable provider and if it persist after that maybe GeeksQuad or some other calibration team could help you.

DON'T DO IT they messed up my samsung TV and i called samsung and they said there TV's dont need it that its something the store does to get more money

Originally Posted by dalilboy

DON'T DO IT they messed up my samsung TV and i called samsung and they said there TV's dont need it that its something the store does to get more money

Like I said several other times, This was free with my purchase from Best Buy. There is a year warranty so if I don't like it or it's messed up theywill come back out and adjust it or set it back to factory settings. But I can already see the difference and it looks better to me.

Originally Posted by sole vintage

make sure who ever calibrates your TV has ISF certification, but its going to cost a pretty penny
[h3]
[/h3]

This is the truth right here. If you're going to pay anyone for calibration, make sure that they're ISF certified and have the necessary equipment.Check out AVSforums for local calibrator recommendations. Also, if you have even a slight shred of common sense and can navigate TV/DVD menus, I would alsosuggest the DVE or Avia calibration discs on Blu Ray. Keep in mind that the Blu Ray and DVD versions of the calibration discs are slightly different, owing tothe differences in resolution etc etc between the two formats.

Back
Top Bottom