BEST CARRY OUTS?

I've been having this discussion a lot with cats outside of this board... figure i'd post this topic here to maybe help liven this place up a little bit.. forum ji slummin.

What Quadrant/Town/Area has the best carry outs?

PG/Far NE/SE

I got some wings n mumbo from Mamson's on MLK Hwy in Seat Pleasant, wings were actually pretty good.. mambo sauce was straight, they deliver too!

Cap Szechuan at 53 n E Cap is garbaaage.. they take forever, chinese food dishes are WEAK and the general tsos wings suck. I only go to this place cuz its closest to my crib.

Ive found that east of the anacostia most of the carry outs got this thick brown mambo sauce.. thats not bright red or tangy.. didnt like it at first but its grwoing on me...

UPTOWN

Howard China - GREAT mambo sauce..  wings is all id ever really get here,everything else is coo..

Eddie Leonard ( Georgia & Lamont ) - stumbled in here 1 night off the late night.. wings were trash and they had some naassty brown mambo sauce.. AVOID THIS PLACE

Chinese Hunan American ( Georgia & Otis, right next to The House) - AWESOME general tsos wings... probably the best in the city hands down, i refuse to eat general tsos wings anywhere else... Mambo sauce tastes like water doe..
sick.gif
Popcorn, the chick usually behind the counter is very nice & friendly and quickly learns name/faces/ and what you like/dislike. If im uptown this is my go to spot.

Eastern Empire (14th n Columbia Rd) - Awesome steak n cheese sandwiches... wings are cool, never really tried anything else.. this place is always popping and over run with school kids.. so they must be doing something right

VA

Yes you can find carry outs with mambo sauce in VA.. mostly in Alexandri in the old town area or throughout Richmond HWY

Goody's Carry Out ( Queen St. & N Henry St, old town, alexandria ) - Mambo sauce is straight.. nice n tangy like i like.. if youre in VA and dont feel like making the trek to the city this place is straight. There chinese dishes are OK.

What are the spots yall go to? is the mambo sauce legit?

Uptown -- China America off Georgia and Upshur.

Everything else = BAD substitutes.

Been going there since '85. 
laugh.gif

HoChi (Howard China) has great wings! My neos never had to worry about my $%! when they were on line as long as they kept feeding me that Ho Chi chicken
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom