Best college bars in Manhattan?

NT, Which are your favorite college bars in Manhattan? Which neighborhood(s) have the best cluster of bars where it's easy to just bar hop? Those that include good environment, music, hot chicks, and specials?

i.e. Turtle Bay.

Would like to learn about more and discover new ones. Please be specific with names and streets.

Last edited:
I usually hit the west village, midtown, or go to Brooklyn for the Williamsburg area.

Continental is a good place to start off the night in the village. 5 shots of whatever you want for $10. Good music, ok girls. Then we either wander around St. Marks Place or go uptown or to BK.

the 13th step (pong, great crowd, good music)
turtle bay
continental (strictly for pregaming/shots)
off the wagon

phebes and that place across the street from it usually get the college/summer intern crowd. Long lines but I feel like that's standard for that sort of bar

Hair on the dog, Fat Baby, Tonic East, 1015 - Sutton Place

LES, LES, Murray Hill, Midtown East are the locations.

What school do you go to? What year are you?

Last edited:
Continental pissed me off... we went there oneday for them to say they only take "regulars" how does one become a regular w/o being able to enter :rolleyes

Continental pissed me off... we went there oneday for them to say they only take "regulars" how does one become a regular w/o being able to enter :rolleyes

Never saw it that packed before.. They close at 2 anyway, all they're good for is shots to pregame

There's a place on 14th and 1st where there's a good number of nyu/Baruch students on occasion

Off the Wagon...

continental is racist b. I'll forever boycott that bar.

Continental pissed me off... we went there oneday for them to say they only take "regulars" how does one become a regular w/o being able to enter
eyes.gif
Proof of my claim. Doesn't even surprise me they did this.

Good stuff ya'll. Will be out on bleecker hitting up the surrounding bars, including those mentioned around the way.

Hair on the dog, Fat Baby, Tonic East, 1015 - Sutton Place

LES, LES, Murray Hill, Midtown East are the locations.

What school do you go to? What year are you?

Last semester at Baruch.

the 13th step (pong, great crowd, good music)
turtle bay
continental (strictly for pregaming/shots)
off the wagon

Can cosign on Continental for pregaming (shots for days) and Off The Wagon for Saturday DayDrink's. On Saturday's at Off the Wagon it's $5 pitchers at noon and the price goes up 50 cents every hour. Been to The 13th Step, but it was so packed and took like 30 minutes to get a drink.

Last edited:
UES: Mad River, Stumble Inn, Saloon, Bounce Uptown, Bar Coastal
Midtown East: Turtle Bay, Irish Exit, McFaddens, Copia, Public House
Murray Hill: Brother Jimmy's on Lex, Van Diemens, Tonic East, Joshua Tree, Mercury Bar East, Tavern on 3rd
East Village/LES: 13th Step, Continental, Village Pour house, Hair of the Dog, Phebe's, St. Marks Ale House
West Village, Snap, Off the Wagon, Down the Hatch, Thunder Jacksons

That's all off the top of the dome and should allow you to get your beak wet, especially for Football Sundays here in the city (You can catch me at Hair of the Dog or Bounce 21 on Sundays)

Need a review for Amnity Hall. Attending a b-day party, $40 open bar.

Place looks okay. Good area. 40$ open bar is solid deal. Most likely not top shelf liquor but considering a Vodka Soda at most places is 8-10 bucks you will get your money's worth.

Back
Top Bottom