Best crossover tutorial ever?

smh.gif

Does make one good point - when you make the crossover you want to explode out of it. So your body needs to be in a good, powerful, almost cat like, balancedposition. He seems to have the ball too far away from his body when he begins the crossover - takes too much time to get ball back across body plus yourprobably off balance.
grin.gif

This isn't even HIS best video. Jason Otter is that dude.

Who else you know makes excessive grunts as well as he does when they crossover?

Originally Posted by Durden7

The crossover is the most overplaed/useless move in baskeball today.
laugh.gif

it's been overhyped in a lot of ways - dudes feel like a crossover is only good when it knocks somebody on their %!% or something - but it's anecessary tactical move for any ballhandler to get from point A to point B, and a simple quick cross keeps defenders on their heels a bit. Doesn't have tobe a flashy And1 type move, just needs to be low and quick.

Originally Posted by Durden7

The crossover is the most overplaed/useless move in baskeball today.
laugh.gif

I won't say it useless but it's played out. How can you get duped by it you know it's coming. With me if you want to get pass me your best bet isto go one way. Cause you trying to cross i got my eyes on your waist, and if you dribble high like most cats do, i probaly have my hand under the ball. But thevideo part was ok.Ball was too high for me. Best cross ever Tim Hardaway.

Theres a great way to defend a crossover without gettin caught reaching that ive found

If somebody is crossing u from your right to left instead of reaching with your left hand and becomein off balance reach with your right hand turned palm outto where they will bounce the ball this way u interrupt the dribble and stay on balance it works well im shocked I havent seen this used more.

Even if u dont make contact with the ball u have not been beat and if u do make contact the ball is now moving the opposite way to the offensive playersmomentum in this case his left and his momentums taking him right u have a good chance at getting the ball b4 he does.

Try it u will have success with it and if u dont get a steal it will makem think twice about crossing u again.

Peace
Scottie

PS This dude is trash he talks about switching up speed and then practices every drill at 100 miles n hour n carrying creating bad habits Id recoment thebobbito ball handling tape is very usefull and informative plus he dont practice like hes on speed
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom