Best ear buds for ~$50? Vol. my Ipod joints are torn up.

wj4

I'm looking for a new set of ear buds and don't wanna spend anymore than $50. The stock iPod ones were decent and comfy enough for me, but tear andwear happened. I'd prefer if I can go into a store and buy it, but I'm open to all suggestions. Comfort would be my #1 priority. I'm not reallyan audiophile so I don't need the top of the line.

I got these for under $20. Check CNET:

Sony MDR ED12LPS - headphones
Manufacturer: Sony
Part Number: MDR-ED12LP/SLV
Specifications:
Product type: Headphones ; Design: Ear-bud ; Color: Silver ; See full specs

Price range: $6.99 - $19.99 check prices

sennheiser's... you can get a couple different pair of buds for under 50 now i believe, they are a solid investment.

I use ipod earbuds, so no help there.
I can, however, tell you do not buy Skullcandy ear buds. Although the sound quality is pretty good, they are not durable at all. I've had a couple pairsand both have broken after only about a month of use.

Originally Posted by timbo109

I can, however, tell you do not buy Skullcandy ear buds. Although the sound quality is pretty good, they are not durable at all. I've had a couple pairs and both have broken after only about a month of use.
laugh.gif
I figure they were trash. Skullcandy opened a kiosk at the local mall and closed down within 1.5 months.

Originally Posted by JDMEVOIXMR

V-Moda Bass Freq, best earbuds for the price. SO much bass!
Is it TOO much bass? You know like a car with 2 12's in the rear w/o the proper work to make it work correctly, making it muddy and such? And where can you get it from? Instore?

I can, however, tell you do not buy Skullcandy ear buds. Although the sound quality is pretty good, they are not durable at all. I've had a couple pairs and both have broken after only about a month of use.

truuuue story.....i sent my skullcandy titans back to skullcandy twice because they kept breaking, after they broke the 3rd time i said forget it. after thati picked up some radius atomic bass earphones for my iphone.....good sound, but the wire started fraying and 1 earbud stopped working. Last week i ordered theKlipsch Image S4 earbuds that Crazy EBW mentioned a few posts up, so well see how those go.

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

Boss up and cop the "beats by dre" earbuds.
I donno, man...I've used the regular Beat headphone before and wasn't thoroughly impressed with it.

dscf0577500x375.jpg

Altec Lansing BackBeat Plus. Got them for $50 at Best Buy, but they are cheaper on Amazon and other various sites.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by JDMEVOIXMR

V-Moda Bass Freq, best earbuds for the price. SO much bass!
Is it TOO much bass? You know like a car with 2 12's in the rear w/o the proper work to make it work correctly, making it muddy and such? And where can you get it from? Instore?
nah, it's just right, depends on what audio player you're using. Its prefect on my iPod Video, it's really rich and deep sounding, nottoo over the top. You can also read reviews and stuff...cnet praises it and so does iLounge. Radioshack should have them instore, they're $40 there and Ithink I saw the red ones on sale for $30. I copped mine off of amazon, $25 brand new
pimp.gif

I bought the V-Moda vibe from Apple Store at $60 and tax about an hour ago. I'm not going to keep it...just testing it out and return it for my money back.
laugh.gif

I used the Vibe for several hours, all songs from techno to 80s rock to hip hop to pop and they are nice. The downfall is that if you turn the volume up toohigh, the bass becomes somewhat unbearable. (Yeah I'm getting old). I just got back..returned the headphones to Apple and bought a new set online for halfthe price.
laugh.gif

do not purchase bose earphones (sorry to kill dude's sale). they are complete garbage. extremely over priced and don't last worth +#%$. i've ranthrough 4 pairs (bought one, and i kept getting them replaced) until i said !+%% it and just went with the apple in-ear. they have this terrible vibratingfeeling that gets annoying after 2-3 minutes.

Originally Posted by VABigPoppa

truuuue story.....i sent my skullcandy titans back to skullcandy twice because they kept breaking, after they broke the 3rd time i said forget it. after that i picked up some radius atomic bass earphones for my iphone.....good sound, but the wire started fraying and 1 earbud stopped working. Last week i ordered the Klipsch Image S4 earbuds that Crazy EBW mentioned a few posts up, so well see how those go.

did you need a receipt or the warranty slip or packaging or anything, or can I just send in the earbuds? (I assume I need something like that, but hopefullynot) I got like three broken pairs sitting around that I wouldn't mind redeeming.

Originally Posted by VABigPoppa

truuuue story.....i sent my skullcandy titans back to skullcandy twice because they kept breaking, after they broke the 3rd time i said forget it. after that i picked up some radius atomic bass earphones for my iphone.....good sound, but the wire started fraying and 1 earbud stopped working. Last week i ordered the Klipsch Image S4 earbuds that Crazy EBW mentioned a few posts up, so well see how those go.

did you need a receipt or the warranty slip or packaging or anything, or can I just send in the earbuds? (I assume I need something like that, but hopefully not) I got like three broken pairs sitting around that I wouldn't mind redeeming.
before i sent them in I filled out some warranty form online, then I believe they send you a RMA # you have to include with your package.

btw finally received my klipsch image s4's today, they are
pimp.gif
bestearphones ive owned so far.......the bass is deep but its not muddy at all

Back
Top Bottom