Best Fantasy basketball settings

I'm the GM for my league this year, and because of numerous setbacks We're starting late this year. I'm making the league tonight and wan to know what is the best settings in order to keep the scoring balanced and fair. We've had issues in the past because every year we switch GMs who make their own BS rules. Its a non keeper league BTW. Help?

can you have it that you start 5-7 players (each position + 2 utilities) because the league I am in, you have 14 players on your squad and you have to start 10 of them. I wouldn't have joined it if I knew it was like that.

No disrespect, just want it more like an actual basketball game you know.

PG
SG
SF
PF
C
Util
Util

i wondered this also because my league is head to head match ups and you dont win categories  you get like 1 point for a bucket and 2 for a assist and 3 for a steal and what not.

I hate points for fantasy bball. For fantasy football its perfect but basketball and football stats are completely different

Originally Posted by Slicknick951

i wondered this also because my league is head to head match ups and you dont win categories  you get like 1 point for a bucket and 2 for a assist and 3 for a steal and what not.

Yeah thats the default settings and thats how I have it now, but default for fantasy basketball is awful

scoring(9):
fg%
3pointers made
rebounds
assists
steals
blocks
turnovers

lineup(13):
PG
SG
G