Best Flow in the Game?

i'd put eminem over jay-z

jadakiss is up there

I dont care what yall say, rick ross raps like a boss

You guys should listen to R.A the rugged man, his flow is dope af

Start with "uncommon valour" and "give it up"

Last edited:
Theres a difference between flow/cadence, patterns/rhyme schemes & word play...

Jay is among the best in flow imo but madd ppl sleep on Black Thought...but thats just speaking on words always being on time, i put Wayne & Buddens up there too...

now patterns is a kendrick category, my personal fave is elzhi & em is most ppls fav...

word play is what i judge a rapper by & my favs are royce, redman & ghostface

HOV is in his own category. I don't think any1 currently alive will be able to reach that level without 10+ extra years under their belt accompanied with countless succesful albums to prove that their flow and delivery is timeless.

\thread

can't forget cassidy, that dude's brain is hardwired to spit.

He raps about the same things , ALL THE TIME. Never tried to get out of his comfort zone, always with the catchy "obvious" punchlines.

Yea it was cool when he first came out , but it's like c'mon man get with the times.

cmon man, conform! Do what everybody else is doing! Make yourself popular!

**** outta here[/spoiler]

And thats why theres pop music, and theres emcees. Not all greatness is recognized, and thats ok.

You don't necessarily have to go the Niki Minaj route. But dang, Jay started rhyming with a quick *** tongue and slowed it down. He was real grimey in his first couple of albums, then switched to that baller steez. He did it all while still spitting double and triple entendres .

I understand its not easy, but at least get out of your comfort zone bro. Take some risks.

I would say that its riskier to keep on doing what you like, instead of what would make you popular. There are plenty of dope underground emcees who still spit punchlines. Its much riskier to do whats "unpopular" IMO

I feel like you're basically saying, "why didnt Cass switch it up and start spitting different to make him more popular", thats the definition of selling out IMO

Last edited:
I would say that its riskier to keep on doing what you like, instead of what would make you popular. There are plenty of dope underground emcees who still spit punchlines. Its much riskier to do whats "unpopular" IMO
I feel like you're basically saying, "why didnt Cass switch it up and start spitting different to make him more popular", thats the definition of selling out IMO

That's exactly what I'm saying . I love old Cassidy.I wish he was still here spitting ill mainstream **** and selling albums I could buy and rock to. You have to be realistic bro. A dude's gotta eat. Part of being a man is making some sacrifices (being selling out or whatever you need to do) to continue moving forward in this life .

Some dudes just don't get it, and wonder why they are in the same position they are in.

tumblr_ljn8snp00A1qi8rx4o1_500.gif

But if everybody sold out, what would us fans listen to who dont like pop music type ish? I mean lets be real here, theres people who think Jay-Z is too poppish for them. Guys like Cass, and other underground artists, you have to appreciate because they really are a dying breed. I dont care about what kinda money Cass is making, but I do care about what type of music he's making

it's seems like you're talking more about subject matter not flow...

what he's rapping about isn't what the thread is about

Last edited:
I've been a jay-z fan since I was 11 years old (I'm 20 now), and though I don't think think eminem would be considered "over" Jay. I will consider them "equal" though jay-z has him beat because em fell of a bit his past 2 albums, while Jay-Z just seems to get better and better.
Listen to Renegade and you'll see that they both absolutely murder that song . Don't sit there and say one "out flowed or out rapped" the other in that song, because deep inside you know you can't choose a winner.

You wouldn't say Eminem flow was better? I never really dabbled in the who had the better verse debates. But as far as flow, I thought it was obviously Eminem.

Eminem on Renegade exemplifies breath control, Jay was not on his level in that song.

I've been a jay-z fan since I was 11 years old (I'm 20 now), and though I don't think think eminem would be considered "over" Jay. I will consider them "equal" though jay-z has him beat because em fell of a bit his past 2 albums, while Jay-Z just seems to get better and better.
Listen to Renegade and you'll see that they both absolutely murder that song . Don't sit there and say one "out flowed or out rapped" the other in that song, because deep inside you know you can't choose a winner.

You wouldn't say Eminem flow was better? I never really dabbled in the who had the better verse debates. But as far as flow, I thought it was obviously Eminem.

It was better. One thing I thought was always funny was that Ems verse was written way before Jays, and Jay still couldn't write (or "freestyle") a better verse.

Y'all youngblods are crazy wit ya answers. Imma say mos, hov, Jeru the damaja, um black thought. If I go with new artists Imma say phonte and Kendrick. ASAP rocky nice but he don't really be sayin nothing. This metephorical scheme is played out in my ears n everybody does it latley.

Last edited:
Jay-Z tied with Nas
Em
Guru
Common
Az
Mos Def
Twista
Cassidy
Black thought
Jadakiss
Snoop
The people under the stairs
Talib Kweli

Last edited:
Ya'll are riding Jay too much. Eminem hands down had the best flow. Dude can spit fast to slow and vice versa. He mixed half bars and quarter bars. 

Back
Top Bottom