Best Freshman Seasons of all time in College Basketball?

With the draft approaching in less than an hour, I was having a debate with friends on if Anthony Davis should be considered as having one of the best freshman seasons in recent history. 
Knee jerk reactions would say he is, but there are other players who can surely make a case. Just off the top of my head, I would put the following over AD23 in no particular order. Who do you guys think had the best freshman season?
Chris Jackson

Wayman Tisdale

Carmelo Anthony

Kevin Durant

Anthony Davis

Are we talking about statistically? Because honestly, if you name Durant, I don't see how you can NOT name Mike Beasely.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Are we talking about statistically? Because honestly, if you name Durant, I don't see how you can NOT name Mike Beasely.

This
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

my man super cool beas run at Kstate was
pimp.gif
all those 30+ games
pimp.gif

Beasley
GPGSMINSPGBPGRPGAPGPPGFG%FT%3P%

Durant
GPGSMINSPGBPGRPGAPGPPGFG%FT%3P%

Totally forgot my man Beasley..I Just named the five that came to mind and had an impact both statistically and won as well. But you're right..if KD is up there, Beas is as well.

Originally Posted by RounDaWay

Totally forgot my man Beasley..I Just named the five that came to mind and had an impact both statistically and won as well. But you're right..if KD is up there, Beas is as well.

And what did KD win? 
laugh.gif

Are we counting freshman seasons when college freshman weren't allowed to play varsity (like Pistol Pete), or just freshman seasons from 1972-73 - present when freshman have been allowed to play varsity?

Back
Top Bottom