Best Methods to Take Notes for Class/Learn the Material?

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Well at Queens College and in the presence of Asian girls who realize I am from Ithaca taking a year off of school by going to school for a year, I find that the best way to take notes is to announce my superiority and scare the instructor into quickly providing me the relevant points. Then, I write in red ink (of course) and whisper repeatedly to myself that, yes, I truly am the greatest.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Well at Queens College and in the presence of Asian girls who realize I am from Ithaca taking a year off of school by going to school for a year, I find that the best way to take notes is to announce my superiority and scare the instructor into quickly providing me the relevant points. Then, I write in red ink (of course) and whisper repeatedly to myself that, yes, I truly am the greatest.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I write notes unless the profs post them online...usually I wouldnt even study from them though, I would just use the textbooks to study from. Notes just provide a bit of info but everything is in the book. I only really used my notes for economics/math classes since the problems we solved in class were nearly identical to what was on the tests. I also never brought a laptop to class; I did it a few times and spent 99% of the class checking my fantasy hockey/football teams and going on Facebook. I'd suggest never bringing a laptop unless its absolutely necessary, the vast majority people I would see in classes with laptops were doing what I did and not paying attention in class.

I write notes unless the profs post them online...usually I wouldnt even study from them though, I would just use the textbooks to study from. Notes just provide a bit of info but everything is in the book. I only really used my notes for economics/math classes since the problems we solved in class were nearly identical to what was on the tests. I also never brought a laptop to class; I did it a few times and spent 99% of the class checking my fantasy hockey/football teams and going on Facebook. I'd suggest never bringing a laptop unless its absolutely necessary, the vast majority people I would see in classes with laptops were doing what I did and not paying attention in class.

Microsoft OneNote made everything so easy for me. I stay organized, and I'm able to directly c/p charts, images, and blocks of texts from ppt/pdf/webpages that are part of the lecture without going to any amazing lengths. Gotta find some way to write things down while still listening to the lecture, and listening is obviously different than merely hearing a lecture.

I'd be a mess without it because I'm one of those people that take notes on whatever notebook I find in my backpack, or whatever sheet of paper I can find buried in there.

Microsoft OneNote made everything so easy for me. I stay organized, and I'm able to directly c/p charts, images, and blocks of texts from ppt/pdf/webpages that are part of the lecture without going to any amazing lengths. Gotta find some way to write things down while still listening to the lecture, and listening is obviously different than merely hearing a lecture.

I'd be a mess without it because I'm one of those people that take notes on whatever notebook I find in my backpack, or whatever sheet of paper I can find buried in there.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

1. dont bring your laptop
2. take notes w/ pen & paper
3. study

if steps 1-3 fail...jus put stuff on your phone and cheat
pimp.gif

1. dont bring your laptop
2. take notes w/ pen & paper
3. study

if steps 1-3 fail...jus put stuff on your phone and cheat
pimp.gif

Most of the notes in my science classes are posted online as Powerpoints. I pay attention in class and do my notes later that day using the powerpoint online combined with what i learned in lecture.

Most of the notes in my science classes are posted online as Powerpoints. I pay attention in class and do my notes later that day using the powerpoint online combined with what i learned in lecture.

I always wrote my notes down in a notebook. It would be messy, but all the info was there. Go home RE-WRITE the notes and review right after. If I did it the next day or waited, it would mess up my method lol

I like having a system when it comes to that. I used double the paper, but I knew the information. Haha

I always wrote my notes down in a notebook. It would be messy, but all the info was there. Go home RE-WRITE the notes and review right after. If I did it the next day or waited, it would mess up my method lol

I like having a system when it comes to that. I used double the paper, but I knew the information. Haha

But like someone said, different methods for different people. What might work for me, may not apply to you.

I was puzzled when some would bring in recorders to record the professor, but I guess that worked for them. It looked silly to me.

But like someone said, different methods for different people. What might work for me, may not apply to you.

I was puzzled when some would bring in recorders to record the professor, but I guess that worked for them. It looked silly to me.

I don't think anyone has said this yet but use a voice recorder for the lectures. All of my classes that are based on lectures with no textbook, everyone records the entire lecture. I still take notes on my laptop, and every 5-10 minutes or so I will type out the time on my recorder into my notes so I know what is going on and what times, so I don't have to listen to a whole lecture again to find out info on one little part.

This works really good if you happen to have a take home final or midterm, because then you can put word for word what the professor said.

I don't think anyone has said this yet but use a voice recorder for the lectures. All of my classes that are based on lectures with no textbook, everyone records the entire lecture. I still take notes on my laptop, and every 5-10 minutes or so I will type out the time on my recorder into my notes so I know what is going on and what times, so I don't have to listen to a whole lecture again to find out info on one little part.

This works really good if you happen to have a take home final or midterm, because then you can put word for word what the professor said.

Back
Top Bottom