Best NEW car for $35k?

Best new car for $35k?  No sedans, fairly sporty, for daily driving.  This is for my little cousin.

Top choices:

2011 Mustang GT = Car is a beast but overall fit and finish of a ford is horrible, cheap plastic interior, low resale value.
2010/11 Camaro SS =  Same with the stang.
2010/11 VW GTI = Quick and zippy, very nice overall build and quality, all services will be taken care for the next 4 years

Anything else?  No 370Z's, G37s, STI's, Evos, etc...

Originally Posted by Seattle206

Best new car for $35k?  No sedans, fairly sporty, for daily driving.  This is for my little cousin.

Top choices:

2011 Mustang GT = Car is a beast but overall fit and finish of a ford is horrible, cheap plastic interior, low resale value.
2010/11 VW GTI = Quick and zippy, very nice overall build and quality, all services will be taken care for the next 4 years

Sounds like you've already made up your mind.

just buy something used with that 35k, I'm not saying buy something that retailed for 50k and is now old, but buying new=
grin.gif

The new generation Mustang has a better fit and finish than most German automobiles (other than VW/Audi). Just touching the dash felt better than my S550 and 750. I would pick the Mustang GT over anything for around 35k. If you don't mind used, you could get a nice 335i with 5-10K to spare.

John Cooper Works Mini Cooper (in manual). Go for a test drive with sport button on and he'll fiend for it until he owns it.

If you're man, you'll take the SS over the VW.

This guy really omitted all of manly whips
laugh.gif

A VW? Where they do that at.
At least take the 370z since you obviously don't mind having a small car based on your choices and don't want an American vehicle.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

i would buy a pre-owned 335i and save some money....

This is my opinion as well.

But seriously you would buy a GTI but not a WRX STI? I'm actually not a fan of the 370's rather have a used 350 for cheaper i think they look better.

With good negotiating he could get an IS350 for 35k. You have a IS350, don't you? Why wouldn't you recommend that to him or at least a IS250. They are sedans, but they are still swoopy and sexy. I have to pick on you with this though 206....Is the reason why you ruled out the "[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]370Z's, G37s, STI's, Evos," [/color]because those will all smoke the IS350 and you don't want your lil cuz styling on you?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Just jokes my dude.

Originally Posted by Seattle206

Top choices:

Back
Top Bottom