Best Nike+ Running shoe?

At this point, almost all of Nike's serious running shoes are Nike+ enabled, but when it comes to running, you can't just identify one shoe as"the best." It all depends on your individual needs as a runner (i.e. pronation control, build, mechanics, etc). I'd definitely recommend ashoe from the Bowerman Series line over anything else that Nike puts out... in other words, steer clear of the 180's and the Moire's, and only go withthe Zoom RS or Jasari's if you have really high arches and want something ridiculously light with no stability controls.

So, of the Nike+ enabled Bowerman kicks, you'd basically want to narrow it down to two categories... neutral and support. The best neutral shoes are theVomero 2's, the Moto 5's, and the Pegasus 2007. The Vomero's in particular have received very good reviews... they're very light and have agreat, soft ride. Nike will release an update in April, and they're going to be pretty sick as well, but the 2's are still top-notch. The Moto'sand Peg's are decent too, but it all depends on what you're looking for. The Peg's are the next step down in softness and can handle a beating,and the Moto's are a little firmer and have a little bit of pronation control built in.

If you want a support shoe, your best options are the Equalon 1 or 2's, the Structure Triax 10 or 11, or the Zoom Elite 4. The Equalon 1's are apretty firm motion control shoe for the severe overpronators out there, but the Equalon 2's are a drastically different shoe. They're really soft andoffer slightly less support than the 1's, but they're still more stable than any other Nike+ shoe out there right now... they're what I'mcurrently running in now. The Structure Triax 10's were a great shoe, and they were my last pair... another great support shoe, and highly rated by most. I'd wait until the Structure Triax 11 drops in January, though, if you wanted to go with that line... it should be a slight upgrade, since there will beZoom Air in both the forefoot and heel. Then there's the Zoom Elite 4, which is basically the exact same shoe as the Zoom Elite 3 but with a Nike+ pocket. They're a minimal support, high performance shoe that's really light and fast.

Holler if you have questions...

I absolutely love my Structure Triax 10's. Zoom Air in the Heel and the Forefoot of the Structure 11's? AMAZING! Do you have any pics of the 11'sMarky D.

Originally Posted by Joshua1982

Do you have any pics of the 11's Marky D.

3d335443ebaf7f5557da2aa9d95b8bfbddfc03b.jpg

I'd listen to markyd, looks like he knows his stuff - and he even invited more questions.

No such thing as best, only what's best for you. And it's near impossible to gauge what will work for you without trying them on, a shoe could have thereputation of being the best on the market but it might be horrible for you if you wear it.

If you're serious about it, go to a running specialty store with a lot of different brands of shoes. They typically have knowledgable people who know whatshoes will suit what type of runner.

To be honest, it all depends on what you want, best thing I can say do is go to a specialty store and try them on. Your local sporting goods is a good spot tostart. Build from there.

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

I'd listen to markyd, looks like he knows his stuff - and he even invited more questions.

No such thing as best, only what's best for you. And it's near impossible to gauge what will work for you without trying them on, a shoe could have the reputation of being the best on the market but it might be horrible for you if you wear it.

If you're serious about it, go to a running specialty store with a lot of different brands of shoes. They typically have knowledgable people who know what shoes will suit what type of runner.

I appreciate it, Deezy. And I second that note about visiting a running specialty store, especially if you're confused about things like overpronationand all of that. You're definitely off to a good start since you're not specifically searching for a shoe that looks good, but the specialty storesreally make it a lot easier to get the perfect feel and correct fit for your feet.

Nike SHOX Swift! Low profile 7 column SHOX on heel combined with Zoom Air on the forefoot. Very lite and seemed to feel unlike any SHOX based running shoe outthere! I don't know if it came with the IPod feature. For an IPod Nike shoe, I'll go with the 180!

Originally Posted by markyd33psu

Moire's
Vomero's
Moto's

markyd33psu really knows his stuff. Thank you (but you need to do something about those apostrophes)

I'm not schooled on Nike running shoes but I agree that if terms like overpronation and motion control are foreign to you then go to a specialty runningstore and they'll set you straight.

Also, if you're looking to use Nike + you do not necessarily have to buy Nike + shoes that house the sensor. There are several companies that have madediscrete holders that attach the sensor to laces of your shoes.

I do all my runs in Asics with a sensor attached to the laces. I've never had a problem with my sensor holder and I've never noticed it while I'mrunning.

I have flat feet w/ my right foot tends to overpronate- have to go w/ the EQUALON.

But my running favs unfortunately aren't Nike, I usually put alot of miles on NB2001's and Mizuno Wave Nirvana.

Thanks for the answer guys, im gonna go try some shoes. I basically want them to do some light cardio workout. Im not a serious runner, i just do some cardioto stay in shape and i just picked up that running kit for the ipod so i just wanted something comfy so i can actually use the kit.

Back
Top Bottom