Best Non-National Chain Pizza In The Area?

Off the top of my head I would say Bugsy's in Old Town, Alexandria.

Uno's in G-Town is good too. Never had a full pizza. Just had the pizza minis.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Off the top of my head I would say Bugsy's in Old Town, Alexandria.

Uno's in G-Town is good too. Never had a full pizza. Just had the pizza minis.
Uno's is definitely a chain, unless there's a different Uno's Pizzeria.

I am trippin LOL. Uno's is a damn chain

Matchbox is good
Armands has fallen off since the late 90s. used to be vicious, now I don't care for it.

Ledos is very good

anyone remember when there used to be an armands in Loehmans plaza on randolph rd ? when they used to have like a playground/sculptures etc ?

Ledo's FTW IMHO
smile.gif

This topic comes up at least once a year.

Anyway-

Ledo's is technically a chain.

B.O.P. in Fells Point is good.

And the spot in Kings Contrivance in Columbia is the closest to an NYC slice I've had.

Radius Pizza
- www.radiusdc.com
3155 Mount Pleasant Street Northwest, Washington

Red Rocks Pizzeria
- redrocksdc.com
1036 Park Road Northwest, Washington - (202) 506-1402
15 reviews, directions, menu, and more »

stained glass pub in glenmont/wheaton off layhill road at georgia avenue... best pizza besides ambrosias gyro pizza off randolph and 355

Valentino's in Alexandria is pretty good....

and you can't go wrong w. Ledo

oh...almost forgot...Matchbox in DC as well as 2 Amys really hit the spot...

If I'm going to rank in the DMV, I'd go:

Valentino's
Ledo
Matchbox
2 Amys

^ realest thing said in this thread. get so drunk then the jumbo slice saves the day. delicious.

Ledo's isn't National, but they are spread at least up and down the east coast
(Used to hop in a car with some friends and drive from Winston-Salem to Raleigh just for some Ledo's when I went to Winston-Salem State.
pimp.gif
)

But as far as locally I would say Matchbox

nerd.gif
is Manny and Olga's a chain? If not then I'm picking Manny & Olga's

Red Rocks is near my Frat house. Definitely a good place. Pizzeria Paradiso in Dupont Circle is another Brick oven pizza place. And if I want that authenticNYC pizza, Mamma Lucia in Iverson Mall. Owned and operated by Old World Italians. Get Familiar.

If you don't know, You eat Ledo's.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by TIMBO13

stained glass pub in glenmont/wheaton off layhill road at georgia avenue... best pizza besides ambrosias gyro pizza off randolph and 355
Yes...Stained Glass Pub all the way not to mention half price pizza Mon and Tues. I'd also have to say Sole D' Italia on Layhill Rd halfprice pizza on Tues!

It all depends what u like, but for me personally, I'm not really into the Americanized Pizza places, I like the Italian inspired, with exotic cheeses(Ricotta, Gorgonzola, Fresh Mozzarella etc), Fresh Toppings (Top Shelf Pepperoni, Sausage, Bacon, Prosciutto, Spinach, Tomato's etc)...

I got a few...

1) Pizza Paradiso in G-Town
pimp.gif

2) Giuseppi's in Rockville
pimp.gif

3) And off the strength that that its a stones throw from my house, has a bar, half price pizza mondays/tuesdays, and pretty damn good..
stained glass pub in glenmont

Back
Top Bottom