Best place you've ever eaten at?

I'm trying to put together places all over the nation that are "must visits" What's the one dish there?

Also, for anyone in Orlando area, is there anything good out here? 
laugh.gif

I have family down in Orlando and visit every year. Some spots I liked --

Artisan's Table

The Strand

Little Saigon

4 Rivers BBQ

Thirsty Topher (drinks)

Imperial (drinks)

The Guesthouse (drinks)

The Wood (drinks)

Last edited:
Couple of my favorites that I always hit when I'm in town.
- Oklahoma Joe's in Kansas City
- Simmzy's in Manhattan Beach

Let me put you on game in Orlando.
- Santiago's Bodega on Virginia - beef short ribs, croquettes, scallops are all 10/10 along with most of the menu
- Pig Floyd's on Mills - best BBQ in Orlando. Rib and chicken platter FTW. Crack sides = rice and beans, corn
- Black Rooster - the black rooster taco is amazing

All three are within blocks of my spot too :smokin

Last edited:
@Chopper
-- what Orlando bars/lounges do you recommend?

On Sunday's, Hooch pops off and has a great vibe. Lots of fun. My go to spot is Magnolia. DJ's spinning good music and a good group of people. Both are downtown. Woods and Guesthouse are cool like you said. Graffiti Junktion and Burton's in Thornton Park are cool.

My moms house. So blessed to have such a great cook at arms reach.

Recently Rubirosa i think on bleecker or some street.

Minetta Tavern 

Prime in astoria

My favortie hidden gem is Macondo East on houston. damn every single dish is ****** good. 

^^
Moms cooking is always the best. That chicken curry will have u flatlined with a smile.

Alicante in Mendon, MA. Best Mediterranean food I've ever experienced, and I've been to Spain
laugh.gif

Took an ex to Mastro's for her birthday a few years ago. Pretty damn legit as far as quality and freshness goes. Tab was close to 4 hunna tho for just us two 
sick.gif

Orlando folks coming through with the goods!! Everything that's been named is fire and Chopper knows what's up with the Lee and Ricks shout out.
I'll add a few more:
Rusteak
White Wolf Cafe - brunch
Maxine's on Shine is a great date spot
The Courtesy - steampunk feel with hand made cocktails. A lot of hipsters but this is NT after all...
Hawkers - Asian street fare
Tanquereys - late night drinks with some great local bands (be prepared to die from second hand smoke)

Edit: if you want to close on some yambs take your girl to Hillstones up on Winter Park, GREAT food and enjoy drinks at hands down the best sunset view over lake Killarney

Last edited:
Commander's Palace in NOLA
Alexander's Steakhouse- There's 2 in the bay area I believe
Coi- San Francisco
Craft-NYC
Incanto-Frisco
Animal- LA
Lungomare- Oakland

Pretty sure all the above places change out their menu's every now and then. The most memorable has to be between Coi and Animal, both completely different places but very unique menus. Coi gave us a 13 course meal and it was organic and not stuff we'd normally eat on our own but was prepared great. Ambiance is amazing too, place is basically 10 person max restaurant, so it was quiet and intimate for sure. Think it has 2 or 3 Michelin Stars so service was top notch.

Manchus chicken New Orleans

Best chicken in the states
img_9810.jpg

repped
My wife and I went to NOLA for our wedding anniversary and the last night there we had reservations at some place(think it was Turjagues) but we were exhausted(biked everywhere throughout the trip during the day) so I just walked to the end of the block and ordered from there. Fried Chicken was easily one of the best non home cooked meals I've ever had. Think we devoured the 40 pcs.

Funny thing is when we first got into our airBnB I unpacked and did some scouting(I always do for any new place we visit)while my wife slept. Walked into this place to grab something to drink and immediately started taking pics of the menu while I waited in line.

place is a hidden gem, don't be fooled/put off by the appearance, because you are in for a treat

:pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom