Best Produced album of the last...10 years (Hip-Hop)

Originally Posted by Shorty Doo Wop

No Illmatic?
nerd.gif

Is this a joke?

Neways, I gotta go with Diplomatic Immunity.

MBDTF is the culmination of years of hip-hop culture finely tuned into a timeless classic. 
Years from now when the hip-hop scene has evolved from what it is now, MBDTF will be mentioned in the same vein as a Blueprint or Illmatic. 

Quote me 

So MBDTF didn't live up to the hype because it wasn't "earthshattering" or didn't "transcend hip hop"...what would be the qualifications for earth shattering? Also, if one is to transcend hip hop, wouldn't they have to make music that doesn't sound like traditional hip hop/has a new sound with some notable hip hop roots? I'm just wondering..not over hyping the album or anything, just want to know people's reasoning behind it.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

I am a Kanye fan but MBDTF may be the most overrated hip-hop album ever. The production on that album is average at best....Kanye's first two albums have better production than that and its not even close. If we are talking about hip-hop albums over the past 10 years then I would have to go with Common's "Be" as having the best production.

I agree, with just about every word.

Documentary- is #1, I dont think its really that close. 
Be and Almost Platinum round round out my top .
MBDTF is wonderful, All Of the Lights might be my fave Kanye beat ever.

a lot of good mentions already in this thread.

Be
Any Kanye CD
HHNF
Madvillainy
The Love Below
The Renaissance

also gotta throw in
Come Home With Me
Man On The Moon
Finding Forever

....having a brain fart

takecare.jpg

seriously some of the greatest production I've ever heard for a hip hop album ever (any album at that) *No Stan*

even tracks before the album are incredible 

"dreams money can buy" 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

"Free Spirit"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

"Club Paradise" 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

"Trust Issues" 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ggarvinXX3

takecare.jpg

seriously some of the greatest production I've ever heard for a hip hop album ever (any album at that) *No Stan*

"dreams money can buy" 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

"Free Spirit"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

"Club Paradise" 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

"Trust Issues" 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
no lie, this is what inspired me to make this thread. i started to put this instead of MBDTF. 

thug motivation 101 (every beat was nice)

lloyd banks hunger for more also....

I KNOW I'm alone on this one
laugh.gif

If you haven't listened to this you should make it a priority.

00-cunninlynguists-dirty_acres-2007.jpg

Originally Posted by PLVN

I KNOW I'm alone on this one
laugh.gif

If you haven't listened to this you should make it a priority.

00-cunninlynguists-dirty_acres-2007.jpg

THANK YOU! You're not alone. Actually, I was probably gonna mention "A Piece of Strange" instead, but this will work. CunninLynguists are still so underrated, it's not even funny. The fact they have a sole producer in Kno helps make a case for them in regards to the topic of the thread, in my opinion. The cohesiveness is there every album. All 3 of their last albums can be mentioned in this thread.

Also, on that note, let me mention Panacea as well. All of their albums have amazing production, especially "Ink Is My Drink." K-Murdock is another underrated producer. 

Originally Posted by niquefreak94

Originally Posted by ggarvinXX3

takecare.jpg

"dreams money can buy" 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

"Free Spirit"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

"Club Paradise" 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

"Trust Issues" 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
no lie, this is what inspired me to make this thread. i started to put this instead of MBDTF. 
Real talk, I never listened to this guy besides his radio singles.  Since I saw these posts I decided to take a shot.  First track I played on grooveshark was a track called show me a good time.  
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
, i stick with my Dre 2001 for best production album.  Times sure have changed.  Damm shame too

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

I know you asked for one but I cant stop at one album, off the top of my head.

Diplomatic Immunity
MBDTF
American Gangster
Teflon Don
Late Registration

This and Watch the throne

Back
Top Bottom