Best Rapper to Make Their Debut in 2000 or Later

It's got to be Kanye. He's brought too many hits, too many classic beats, and too many nice collabos. Not to mention College Dropout holds a specialplace in all of our hearts.

lupe-fiasco.png

I really need some specifications before I start arguing...

When you say Kanye are you saying as an overall music artist? Or as a rapper, as in lyrics/lyricism?

Because I just want to get one thing straight, none of these guys are touching Lupe.

Clipse's first album "Exclusive Audio Footage" came out in 1999, so they're out of the running.

Oh yeah, T.I.

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Clipse's first album "Exclusive Audio Footage" came out in 1999, so they're out of the running.

Oh yeah, T.I.
Um technically it never came out.

Commercially,

Wayne
Kanye
T.I.
Jeezy
Game
Lupe

more or less in that order.

Eminem should be included even though his album came out in 1999. He is the obvious choice. Going by that criteria then I go with Lupe.

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

Originally Posted by D723

Originally Posted by Matt53

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

Kanye is the most important rapper/artist who's debut came in the '00s

I would argue Lil Wayne is the most important of the decade

i'm not necessarily talking about rapping really
if you aren't talking about rap, what are you talking about?

As the title of the thread says "BEST Rapper of the Decade", it hands down goes to Lupe Fiasco. Its really not even a question

The debate lies in the question of which of these rappers was more successful, had a bigger impact, etc.
Oh it's definitely a question. Jay-Z released 3 classics and 2 great CD's within the decade. Yall cant forget that ...
Read the specifications of this topic.

It's rapper's that dropped their first album after 2000.

Lupe is easily the best rapper out of the group.
thats fine you all can say lupe is the best at rapping this decade and all that...but what does that prove? He put out 2 good albums this decadethat honestly I don't see being MUST OWNS in anyone's hip hop catalog years down the line. They are good albums, that's it.

When I try to think of the best rapper of the decade, I honestly am not thinking about who is the best lyricist. I'm looking at who were the major playersin hip hop and who left the strongest lasting impact.

and if you wanna tell me that "well Soulja Boy left a huge impact on this decade" i wouldnt argue with you. But thats where I take a group that mightinclude the best selling albums, the most critically acclaimed albums, the best mixtapes, and I look for who rises to the top from that quality-wise. Thatskinda my formula for finding who the best was in the decade, and thats where i think Kanye, Wayne, Jay-Z, Eminem, those dudes kinda stick out as the best ofthe decade

also a disclaimer, i'm
pimp.gif
so pardon the rambling

Kanye West-Overall T.I-close second

Lupe-Lyrically

Id say those are our three greatest talents to debut this decade

if your goin with decade as in people who came out after 2000 ..then its without a doubt Kanye West...and yea u have to put Lil Wayne as that also even thoughi Dislike Wayne

um......last time i checked Wayne didnt debut this decade....just something to think about....

o wait lil wayne came out before 2000...so its Kanye followed by T.i and then Lupe . Lupe is third because he didn have the buzzz that Kanye and T.I did atfirst

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Oh yeah, T.I.
Um technically it never came out.
Oh. My bad. I remember The Funeral video from 99, so I thought the CD did come out back then.

There are a few good canidates, in no particular order

1. T.I.- I'm Serious, Trap Muzik Urban Legend, King
2. Jay-Z- Blueprint, Black Album, American Gangster
3. Kanye- The College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation
4. Masta Ace- Disposable Arts, A Long Hot Summer

Edit...

If we are talking about first about dropping in the '00's it is T.I. or Kanye take your pick.

Kayne, T.I., or 50 are the top definite three success wise.

I got both of Lupe's album's, but I don't see what you guys are talking about with how nice son is... I'll listen some more though to see if Iwill change my mind.

It's hard to say, but I would go with Kanye or 50, but I would lean more towards 50...

Straight spit though I'm going with Beans without a question.

Anyone saying Budden is obviously smacked and needs to be smacked.

1a) 50
1b) Kanye
1c) T.I.

Take your pick.

Back
Top Bottom