Best running shoe on the market?

Hello

What is the best running/jogging shoe on the market for a woman? I'm looking for my wife.

I normally just buy whatever shoes feel good on my feet, but you can find stores that specialize in running shoes that will help determine the best type ofshoe for your wife. One of my friends went to one and they put her on a treadmill with a video set up so she could see her running motion and then theyrecommended a few different pairs of shoes based on how her feet moved when she ran.

http://www.therunningadvisor.com/running_shoes.html

Originally Posted by Mick Jagger

Hello

What is the best running/jogging shoe on the market for a woman? I'm looking for my wife.
^ A painfully misguided question. You need to learn more about running before asking for BLIND advice.
The word "BEST" and running shoes don't belong in the same sentence. Bottom line is, she needs to try on several differentbrands and see which fits properly, as well as getting fitted properly from someone who knows running (please avoid Foot Locker as an example)

come to finishline..we like to use the hours of clinics once in a while
smh.gif

Theres a store called roadrunner sports and they put you on a treadmill and do some tests and give you 4 or 5 options for you to look at!

^ what dudes already said.

i used to run in different pairs for awhile then on a friend's advice, whos also trains for triathlon, i went to a professional running store. the guy toldme to take off my shoes n socks, rolled up my jeans and walked around the store. i also stood on this pressure sensing machine that maps where ur feet presseson the floor. they find out what kind of pronation and arch you have and recommend shoes accordingly. it makes a HUGE difference. you develop bad mechanics andincreases chances of a stress injury significantly by running in a non-compatable pair of shoes.

for my feet the asics gel kayano 14s are amazing. theyre extremely comfortable, very well cushioned, fit like a glove and are of a quality build. it may not bethe shoe for your feet but asics, brooks, mizuno etc all make very good running shoes.

Originally Posted by brrraptors

^ what dudes already said.

i used to run in different pairs for awhile then on a friend's advice, whos also trains for triathlon, i went to a professional running store. the guy told me to take off my shoes n socks, rolled up my jeans and walked around the store. i also stood on this pressure sensing machine that maps where ur feet presses on the floor. they find out what kind of pronation and arch you have and recommend shoes accordingly. it makes a HUGE difference. you develop bad mechanics and increases chances of a stress injury significantly by running in a non-compatable pair of shoes.
Very well said. Take this man's advice.

Originally Posted by xdiiiinnno0

Originally Posted by solekollectah81

Asics "Kinsei" hands down.
cosign. feel like socks
eh, depends ...i have flat feet, so Asics Evolution for me ....but i heard nothing but good things about Kinsei

but like the person said above...its best take her to a running store and get her feet tested ....its makes a HUGE difference...

adding to what others have said.. keep in mind that the look of the shoe isn't important if it's gonna be used purely for running. i'd rather gowith a comfortable ugly shoe than a nice uncomfortable shoe.

UGGGGG @ Asics. They make a GOOD shoe, but be careful when making a purchase. Like said before many, many times just make sure she gets her feet checked outand her gait cycle and all that good stuff is determined. IMO the list for running shoes goes...

1. Mizuno
2. Brooks
3. Asics
4. Pearl Izumi
5. UA
6. Nike
24. Adidas

There's a few smaller brands out there but as far as serious runner's are concerned, that's what you will hear the most.

The Mizuno Wave technology is what sets them apart from the other brands. It's a great choice. Wave Creation FTW!

Brooks Hydroflow and Mogo work great to hold up over time and the Trance is currently what i'm rocking. COM-FY.

Asics gel is cool but the inconsistency in the weather patterns make it tough to use. I rock the Nimbus for casual wear from time to time though because theyare so damn soft.

UA is still new to the game but they got some promising stuff. Pretty good for a lightweight runner. I like my Illusions.

Nike is crap for the most part. Theres a few gems for a specific demographic of runners. Vomero is soooooooo soft.

Adidas can go to hell. They are still trying to recover from the "1.1".
laugh.gif

The Mizuno Wave technology is what sets them apart from the other brands. It's a great choice. Wave Creation FTW!

In my opinion, the Wave Creation is the worst running shoes that Mizuno makes. Just an over all sloppy fit, the Creation 10 has been animprovement over years past. The arches are really high and the toe box doesn't have enough structure. But if it fits your foot go for it, I still sellthem at my store. On another note, the Wave Rider 12 is so far my shoe of the year, and the Nirvana isn't bad either (though the 5 is firmer than previousversions).

Adidas can go to hell. They are still trying to recover from the "1.1".
I couldn't disagree with you more on this. No doubt, adidas running has made some real trash in the past, but the adidas that have rolled outlast year and this year have been very impressive. Their Formotion technolgy (with decoupled heel) is really interesting and works very well. The SupernovaSequence is one of my favorite shoes, and their higher stability adiSTAR Salvation is really nice as well.

It's great to hear everyone's opinions on running shoes, lets keep this going.

The creation is comfortable but I LOVVVVVE my Riders too! I respect how you came back at me with your points and opinions without coming off like a jerk. Icould talk running shoes all day, and much more so than basketball shoes. I enjoy talking to people about Mizuno because of the totally different technologythey use but overall fit IS definitely a tad bit sloppy.

My feelings about Adidas are sort of biased just because i've hated so many products from them in the past. I haven't owned a shoe from them in anysport category that I looked back after owning and said "damn, i'd love another pair!".

I still like my Trance 8 for my runs and my Rider's for kicking it around casually. Two different shoes I know, but I LOVE some neutral shoes for casual!

I would recommend any nike bowerman series, air max 360, and asics are good too. I used to work at sports authority so i had the opportunity to try on everyrunning shoe, bc without experience you cant sell. My air max 360's lasted a very long time, and I'm currently using a pair from the nike bowermanseries (structure to be exact). Those are three very good choices, and just to let you know I did not mention the nike pegasus, but they were my #1 sellingshoe bc the comfort is amazing. Good luck and I hope that info helps.

I run in New Balance 859's, but I overpronate quite a bit. The Trance's are a really comfortable, their upper has very little overlays (like theCreation) but I believe Brooks' execution is much better. My only problem is the stability in the 8's, the 7's medial post was a lot more firm andmore supportive, so I can't run in them very long. The coolest thing about the Trance 8's is that they are also eco-friendly, the product is designedto be fully biodegradable within 25 years.

With regards to Mizuno, I freakin' love this company. Having a little bit wider of a foot, I love the sock like fit that they can achieve with theiruppers. I love the Wave technology too, because there is so much that can be done with it, while only adding a little weight. The Alchemy is a relativelystable shoe, but you could never tell from the weight, because of the shape of the Wave plate in the shoe.

We met with a few reps from Nike last weekend about some updates for some upcoming shoes. The Vomero 4 is going to have very little updates from the 3. Theyare increasing the durometer on the medial side to make the shoe a little more cosistent. They also spoke to us about the new LunarGlide:

75635b62e5dd75d136e1c9d0144fc3842ace5d5.jpg

Sounds like a really interesting shoe. There is stability in it, but it is used like a wedge. The shoe performs like a neutral shoe with a straight on heelstrike. But the durometer of the foam increases at an angle on both the medial and lateral side of the shoe, so if there is any overpronation/supponation theshoe's stability will engage. But I have heard that there are some problems with the shoe. It apparently has exposed LunarFoam on the bottom of the shoe,that looks really nice, but they did not place a protective coat over the foam. It works like a sponge whenever exposed to water, but the problem will be fixedin it's second go round. Nike is also going to re-release the Nike Plus sports band, this time without it breaking for every single person that bough it.Whoops
eyes.gif

EBW, anytime you want to chat running shoes let me know, it's what I do all day at work.

Yeah, we need to keep this post updated!!

That Lunar Guide is a BEAUTIFUL looking shoe AND colorway. I just bought the Lunar Trainers yesterday and wore them today and i'm impressed so far.Can't wait to see the Vomero update, I loved last years version as far as looks and feel at first. Just not a shoe I can run in, I need a little stabilitybut not a ton. The Trance just worked out for me the best. I haven't messed with NB in a while but i've been thinking about giving them another shot.I've been trying to find a good price on some Nirvana 4's but can't find anything DIRT cheap like what i'm looking for.

You ever seen the Mizuno shoes from overseas? I heard they make shoes for all sports. Mizuno basketball shoe would be so sick to me.

DOH totally forgot about Saucony.
laugh.gif

I'd put them at 4 and then move everything else down one.

Originally Posted by isu42

1. Mizuno
2. Brooks
3. Asics
4. Pearl Izumi
5. UA
6. Nike
24. Adidas
At Adidas
laugh.gif

What is everybody's opinion on Saucony?
This list is ******ed. Anyone who throws UA higher than Nike or Adidas and completely leaves off NewBalance shouldn't be allowed to post in this thread anymore. Useless.

My vote is for the zips - I have the 8505s and they're just gorgeous running shoes, amazing transition, firm but supportive cushioning, and well madeshoes. Very nice. I have neutral feet and no joint or motion problems, so pretty much any shoe feels nice for me, but the Zips hold up much better than the Gelor Air or whatever else I've tried. I'd encourage serious runners to give them a shot, NB is legit

m8505wb_lg.gif

Forgot about NB as well. ZIPS though? LMAO. I'm not even going to get started with you. NB still actually uses that technology? I thought they trashed it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

1. Mizuno
2. Brooks
3. Asics.
4. Saucony
5. New Balance

New Balance does make good running shoes, just not the zips. When I was ordering for sping/summer, the NB rep didn't recommend bringing in any zips. Itseems like a shoe that Tradehome would carry. If I had to rate the brands I'm familiar with it would go:

1.Asics
2.Brooks
3.Saucony
4.Mizuno
5.New Balance
6.Nike
7.Adidas
8.UA

Nike, Adidas, and UA don't get much love where I work. The last time I saw our Adidas rep he said it was Adidas' goal to be the top running brand in 3years.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Forgot about NB as well. ZIPS though? LMAO. I'm not even going to get started with you. NB still actually uses that technology? I thought they trashed it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

1. Mizuno
2. Brooks
3. Asics.
4. Saucony
5. New Balance
Zips work for me. I don't like the squishy foam/gel feeling from most other cush systems when I'm running. Now why don't you go aheadand re-write your list 12 more times?

Back
Top Bottom